Brexit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Grim Reaper DaWar wrote:

I smell WW3. Britian leaves EU, Scottish leave Britian, EU Goes down the drain, Donald trump becomes U S president, Donald severe tie's with Europe and Asia causing world leaders to Condemn President trump. Trump get really upset and declares war on them for his new T.V show, and he marries Lindsey Lohan and they both do drugs and accidently nuke the world.

No?

Somebody get reaps a contract and executive producer credit, I'm already making popcorn...
    • Grim, you perfectly know that Trump will be a toy in the hand of a larger elite that secretly runs the whole world.Whoever becomes the president will have their hands cuffed and won`t make any top level decisions.

The actual decision making elite consists of one person only.It is one and only, The Hulk.
    • As a Brit i am extremely annoyed that the majority voted to leave, when asking these people why they came out with reasons like they want their country back, they hate muslims and they have issues with migration.

The British people have issues with the government and punished the government by voting out of the EU.

Sad times, i have just lost my right to live and work in 27 countries. The majority of British people have been dumb downed and should not be involved in politics.

HELL got sober BEGGING ON his KNEES
    • You can live and work wherever you want in the world it just takes time and work, nothing in life is easy!

Us british people left because we do want our country back, we want to pay our taxes and see that money go towards our country! We want immigration to stop because our infrastructure cant cope! Schools, hospitals, public services etc... We want our country to prospere and grow and not be stuck supporting the rest of europe!

This has nothing to do with getting back at the government at all! Granted our government hasn't been great of the years but thats not why people want to leave the EU at all, and saying so is just stupid and close minded!

The british people dont deal with politics but its a damn democracy and we have a say in what happens in the land that WE live in.

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • Xarius wrote:

You can live and work wherever you want in the world it just takes time and work, nothing in life is easy!

Us british people left because we do want our country back, we want to pay our taxes and see that money go towards our country! We want immigration to stop because our infrastructure cant cope! Schools, hospitals, public services etc... We want our country to prospere and grow and not be stuck supporting the rest of europe!

This has nothing to do with getting back at the government at all! Granted our government hasn't been great of the years but thats not why people want to leave the EU at all, and saying so is just stupid and close minded!

The british people dont deal with politics but its a damn democracy and we have a say in what happens in the land that WE live in.

Work hard? I have a degree, I am a qualified project manager.

As for getting your country back, does this mean you will stop eating German, Spanish and Italian foods? Will all your food be British produced? Are your clothes made in England? I mean if you want your country back surely you will be one of the people who stands for everything British?

The economy will suffer for sure, we will go through another recession, the pound will eventually increase and then drop. What then? But it's fine as English for their country back.

Do you think your vote will stop migration? Do you think the money saved from the eu membership will go to you or the NHS? No! The day of the results Nigel Farage said that the money will not go to the NHS.

I was once a Proud Brit, I have 4 generations of army service, 2 generations serving in the British army, my cousins working for Scotland Yard, I myself used to do work for the police and international crime agency.

I have a question for you, did the English people have their country when my ancestors were fighting in a war that had nothing to do with them? You know nothing about loss, the British people know nothing about the loss of sovereignty.

I will post a video later that sums up the people who voted to leave.

Ashamed to be British.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khaleesi ().

• Yes work hard and if you have already done it then working anywhere in the world wont be an issue will it? Countries across europe and the world wont stop you from working there if your qualified enough and are adding to their economy.

What an earth has or ever will NIgel Farage have to do with anything!?!? haaa he is of no use nor is he of any importance!! :lol:

As for our food and clothing?! Being british doesnt mean we cant trade with the rest of the world that would just be stupid. Of course we can get resources of any kind from anywhere else.

YES migration will be MASSIVELY affected by not being in the EU because we wont have the same laws nor will the other countries have free roam of europe. It will be a lot harder to gain entry to the UK and therefore affecting immigration.

As for the money!? Of course it will be used in britain how much will go to re-vamping the NHS i dont know but just stop and think we pay a lot to the eu, numbers are arguable and not entirely clear but it is very clear that we pay a lot and sure we do get a lot from the eu too but not as much so what will happen with that money? Think we're just gunna flush it down the toilet? The money we pay in taxes will now go straight back into britain in some way and why is that bad thing!?

Leaving europe only makes sense there is no downside and our economy will be just as strong as before there is nothing to suggest otherwise other than pessimists like your self talking about uncertainty and the unknown.

Also dont talk about ancestors and sovereignty, as british people will know all of our ancestors have ruled the largest empire the world has seen in the past does that mean because we dont now, then we should be ashamed!? Its not about the past its about the now and the people of britain have spoken, its people like you that should rightly should be ashamed! :thumbup:

• I am ashamed because the majority of people who represent me happen to be those who discriminate on colour, ethnicity and recent news reports have proved they are uneducated. I can say I am happy to be the minority #48%

Also, do you know what it takes to migrate to another country? The savings you must have, the criteria that has to be met and many countries have an age limit. Research, educate yourself and don't follow the masses. Simple thoughts mean simple minds.

As for myself, I will suffer not, I get paid well, I can afford to visit other countries and I will. In fact, it is probably people like me that has been paying for the likes of you, underpaid overworked.

As for your ancestors, they are not 100% English, I promise you, get a DNA test and you will soon find German, French and African in your bloodline. Yes I said you have slave blood DNA running through your vains.

Your ancestors were once migrants themselves. Does this mean you will remove yourself England? I mean the sovereignty of England is very important for you. When I think about it, my Indian family had done more for England than all of your ancestors put together.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Khaleesi ().

• You are a joke....
      Don't insult others if you have such short view of politic and can't understand simple things of world. Just one of those all victim of populism (and Farage was one of who made it).
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Draxo wrote:

You are a joke....
      Don't insult others if you have such short view of politic and can't understand simple things of world. Just one of those all victim of populism (and Farage was one of who made it).

lol Xarius, this guy is a nice guy according to my experience.
      at first I thought this quote is from Giannis
      I talk to people and size is not a thing that matter
    • Xarius wrote:

Leaving europe only makes sense there is no downside and our economy will be just as strong as before there is nothing to suggest otherwise other than pessimists like your self talking about uncertainty and the unknown.
      Xarius, you are naive. Who do you think you are taking your country back from anyway? Last I checked GB was independent, infact many countries celebrate their independence from GB, to quote John Oliver.

Now to an economic side. How much money and time do you think it will take to set up new trade treaties? Once Article 50 of Lisbon Treaty gets invoked, your Great Britain will start burning their treasury at a significant rate paying all those "experts" to figure out a best possible outcome for the country. Those experts who's advice was ignored. Firstly, buying access to the European Single Market and other European projects, which if we take Norway's example, comes even with Britain in terms of contribution per person. So really, you wouldn't be saving much money by being out of the Union. You will however lose several rights, one being not being in the room and having a representative. So as you can see. That funding will not make it to NHS anytime soon. And worse off, it would probably take several decades for GB to pounce back from Brexit.

It will be harder for immigrants to go to UK, true - but not impossible. You know the saying, if there's a will, there's a way. But what is worse, is that now, UK citizens have their travel, stay, work, study affected as well - for the worse. And if you lose Scotland and Northern Ireland, which is small chance, but not trivial, then all I can say is good luck. Those immigrants can go there, right next to you, making it much easier to access "proud" (read dumb) England.

So to sum up, leaving European Union makes no sence.

Just some bonuses:

Edit: The instagram one is a seperate picture, and quite funny =)

instagram.com/p/BHLexhBj1lG/

The post was edited 1 time, last by Crosswind ().

• Please watch the first 5 minutes of this video, it sums it all up.

People voted out over migration but here is the thing, England will be open to more migrants than ever, France has already said they will stop manning the borders and said that that England will have to leave France to do this. Those who voted leave did more damage than good because of Farage's scare mongering. I did a lot of work with European Arrest Warrents, no more catching criminals, pedophiles, rapists, drug dealers. It's all gone to pots.

I found that the people who have most issues with immigration are those who lack further education and tend to be unemployed claiming state benefits.

• I wont entertain you guys any longer your arguments are all pointless and trivial...

As for claiming benefits?

I have lived on my own (not through choice) from the age of 16 and have fully supported myself and unfortunately that meant working a full time minimum wage job, of which i roughly have always paid 20% aswell as paying council tax etc...

I haven't claimed a penny from our country yet put a lot in to it as a percentage and would like a say in how it is distributed and see it used now going to another country!!

Enjoy your petty arguments and remember that no matte your thoughts you will now have to live with the decision :thumbsup:

Also please stop insulting those that haven't got further education qualifications as not all our lucky enough to have the means! As i said through no choice of my own I have had to live on my own and support myself from 16 and had no option but to work rather than go to college and then uni etc...

• My point proven, you are the masses and your mentality can be seen in your posts. As for the minimum wage your on, watch it become even more worthless than it is now.

I myself I am not bound to England, I am educated and I am sure I can make it to any country I want where as you just lost the right to access 27 countries to live and work.

Rima King, I will succeed in life always. Also, if you can immigrate from the Balkans to the gold ol USA then I can make it anywhere. Not to mention you immigrated with your whole family where as it is just me as I have no family.

It's funny how an immigrant from another country would laugh at the process becoming harder for others but then I remember that Trump will most likely be in power soon so please do not get to comfortable as you are probably next on the list to be deported.

• Xarius wrote:

Also please stop insulting those that haven't got further education qualifications as not all our lucky enough to have the means! As i said through no choice of my own I have had to live on my own and support myself from 16 and had no option but to work rather than go to college and then uni etc...
      I have nothing but respect towards you for being able to support yourself from the age of 16, but when it comes to education, you could have gotten higher education in other EU countries.

At first I thought about Scotland, but then I read that rest of UK citizens don't apply for free studying. But in my country, Estonia, you could very well get higher education for free, only downside is that you'd have to learn our language, because only classes in Estonian are government funded. I assume similar restrictions for other EU countries as well. But learning a new language is education in itself, so I only see barriers like the language barrier a not so big of an issue, assuming you want to save some money. (I don't know what it would cost to study in GB, all I know is that Estonian students go learn there, and some who qualify for the government loan, never have to pay it back because there is a certain amount that you have to earn monthly/yearly, before you have to start paying the loan off. Estonian paychecks usually don't go over that amount - so I guess some of the students are abusing your system, but hopefully most pay it back.)

And renting an apartment in a city is about 200€ a month, to an average UK citizen, I'd say spending 3 years to get higher education here shouldn't be too costly. And by no means do the cheap paychecks represent a bad life here, quite possibly the living standards, excluding income and purchasing power of locals, are similar to UK (the variety of products and services can't match the UK, but quality remains).

And there are more countries to choose from, like Denmark, Germany etc., this is just one example. So GB leaving the EU will affect benefits like this, but as the google's most searched result after Brexit revealed with "What is the EU?", I guess quite a few weren't aware of the political union, not to mention it's benefits.

And if you don't want higher education, it's okay and completely understandable, but you would certainly feel happier knowing you have the opportunity. I feel sorry for those, who were looking to use this to their advantage.
    • Crosswind, please allow me to shed some light;

Xarius claims he has supported himself since the age of 16; the likelihood of him claiming state benefits is 98%, this allows him to claim housing benefits (rent is paid for by his local council), this will also allow him to claim council tax benefits and he would have got a number of other benefits such as free medication. I know this, I know people who abuse this system.

As for my education, it is you who feel inferior not me, I pursued high education as a mature student, I will do my masters when I find a subject that challenges me. I did Went to university because I did not want to be financially unstable, my education is something I funded, not the government but me. I can brag and I can boast because I did this of my own back.

As for working since 16; welcome to life, you are not the only one, my brothers were working markets from age 10, I got to work as soon as I got my national insurance number. Job snobbery? Not me, I worked as a room maid, cleaner during university, call centres but I made a choice to better myself and now I can afford job snobbery.

You voting out will impact your life more than it will mine, after I paid my rent and bills I have 75% of my salary left. Which percentage will you have left once you see an increase in your energy bill, food and rent.

My life won't change, I can afford my life but can you? If anything you shot yourself in the foot so please keep gloating.