Who will be U.S president 2016?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I believe Hillary Clinton will be the next president. She's emerged victorious amongst the Democrats so that nomination is secured. Trump is destined to be the Republican nominee and because he's much too polarizing to get the independents and is also scaring away some of the Republicans, that'll give Hillary a majority since less Democrats dislike her than Republicans dislike Trump. Am I looking forward to her presidency? Not really, but I'll take it over Trump.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • Yeah, but republicans win when voter turnout is low. I can't imagine voter turn out being high, I can't imagine Hillary inspiring the nation. However on the other side the disenfranchised right may come out to vote for trump.

I ask a question, is an election nessessary, can't we just make Obama a cyborg and keep him in forever.
      :gyrocopter-ani:
      BaM - Definition, bad at Mafia
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • Kuzanite wrote:

Quoted from "Sharpe12"

I ask a question, is an election nessessary, can't we just make Obama a cyborg and keep him in forever.

Obamacare doesn't cover it

Actually pretty funny :D

On another note though i do think there is a serious reason to question the 2 runs of presidency rule!

Like i understand the benefits of it but the uk has had the same royal family and the possibility of the same government party running continuously and we have done alright??

Sure america is bigger and richer but i cant imagine having a president IF elected for even up to 20 years would be a bad thing? Certainly would be good to see Obama carry on :thumbup:

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • Xarius wrote:

uk has had the same royal family and the possibility of the same government party running continuously and we have done alright??

Sure america is bigger and richer but i cant imagine having a president IF elected for even up to 20 years would be a bad thing? Certainly would be good to see Obama carry on :thumbup:
      No its not a good thing, thats what leads to syndication of politiks [big drawback of westminister style democracy]
      It kinda becomes "one family to rule them all and in corruption bind them". Two-party system with presidential type rule is not perfect either [polarisation politiks] but US has advantage in that president can veto congress which gives him a way in case parties become too polar opposites [like now in US]

• Anyone will be better than Trump.
      well, tbh I want Trump to become president though. He's kind of special, and I like special guy.
      Yeah - he's a very "special" guy with some mental problems.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • As i said i can't really comment on US politics as i am not even slightly clued up however, it just seems stupid to HAVE to remove a good president just to replace with someone nobody wants in either trump or clinton!!

• Xarius wrote:

As i said i can't really comment on US politics as i am not even slightly clued up however, it just seems stupid to HAVE to remove a good president just to replace with someone nobody wants in either trump or clinton!!

Obama has served two terms in office and now his time is up, the law states this. Currently Obama is in his second term and cannot serve anymore.

I feel at this moment in time politics is aimed towards the dumbed down masses, I mean Clinton has bad press with Benghazi and Trump, well his Twitter says it all. Will trump build a wall if he is elected? I hope not, let us not forget the Berlin Wall, will he ban Muslims from entering America? Probably but I got a feeling the world will ban him right back.

HELL got sober BEGGING ON his KNEES

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khaleesi ().

• Draxo, come on, you get to admit Trump is the most special candidate ever, he's so unique
      And so? If someone is so unique in his stupidity and strange opinions (and also possible actions) - it doesn't mean he's smart or good.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Xarius wrote:

On another note though i do think there is a serious reason to question the 2 runs of presidency rule!

As you can see Khaleesi I already know why Obama can't run a third time, i was simply questioning the whole point of it to which Kuzanite replied with a great answer. :thumbup:

Also as for you saying politics is being aimed at the dumbed down masses, you do realize that we're all living in a democracy which is predominantly (yes big word for me khaleesi) made up of us dumbed down masses! :thumbup:

@draxo this is one of those incredibly rare circumstances that i 100% agree with you! No matter how special that trump kid is, doesn't make him a good leader nor should he ever have the power of being probably the most influential man in the world.

Also agree with Khaleesi ?( in that if he were do something so stupid as ban muslims then the world would screw him over, but surely the president would be able to do that?? Surely congress would have some say???

• Xarius wrote:

but surely the president would be able to do that?? Surely congress would have some say???

If he used an executive order, then only the Supreme Court would be checking and balancing. Plus if he were a Republican president, it'd be reasonable to say there might be enough people in congress that would support a bill which then he just wouldn't veto.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • so in bottom of line, the Democratic party will have their president elected for 16 years consecutively?
      lol, I imagine until there is no 2nd party, there will only be Democratic party
      I talk to people and size is not a thing that matter
    • Khaleesi wrote:

Xarius wrote:

As i said i can't really comment on US politics as i am not even slightly clued up however, it just seems stupid to HAVE to remove a good president just to replace with someone nobody wants in either trump or clinton!!

Obama has served two terms in office and now his time is up, the law states this. Currently Obama is in his second term and cannot serve anymore.

I feel at this moment in time politics is aimed towards the dumbed down masses, I mean Clinton has bad press with Benghazi and Trump, well his Twitter says it all. Will trump build a wall if he is elected? I hope not, let us not forget the Berlin Wall, will he ban Muslims from entering America? Probably but I got a feeling the world will ban him right back.

Have you ever been down to the Mexican border? It's safe to say the stupidest thing about the policy is its already covered, miles upon miles of high fences and walls. If you get past that there are red-necks hunting you down.
      :gyrocopter-ani:
      BaM - Definition, bad at Mafia
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • Whoever becomes president won`t do 10% of what was promised to be done.Simply because president can`t do anything (s)he wants to do.Elite running the country from behind will take all decisions on foreign issues and most of decisions related to domestic issues.President is there to play the role.

If you really think Hillary will unveil Area 51 or if you think Trump is gonna build a wall or ban an entire religious group from entering USA (which is currently enormous number just within the country) then you perceive politics like a four years old child.