Maximum possible Master Builder's score, v 0.7.5

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Maximum possible Master Builder's score, v 0.7.5

A few years ago (and a few years before that) I posted a thread just like this. Since then, only one building has been added to the game that is worth building for this purpose (Sea Chart Archive), but I figure a minor update every 3 years is not going to be seen as spamming. :D I am keeping most of the wording from last time, but the numbers have been updated.

What does "Max Possible Master Builder's Score" mean?
      It is the highest possible amount of points that you can get solely from buildings. Research score is not counted, military is not counted, only buildings. If you look at the highscores there is a section for this called "Master Builders". This is not the same as Total Score, but is a part of it.

What is the point?
      For fun. But really, this is essentially the "end game" of Ikariam. When you have reached the "Max Builder's Score", you are literally done building. All that's left to do in the game of Ikariam is research or building a military.

What do I need to build?
      These are the buildings required to reach max builder's score. You will have 12 cities, and all of them will look exactly like this. Ambrosia is required to build some of these buildings to the desired level.

Brainfuck Source Code

1. Building Level Built To Point Value (per town)
      2. Academy 32 207,954.99
      3. Barracks 49 725,155.62
      4. Dump 40 536,799.70
      5. Museum 21 395,640.72
      6. Palace/Governor 11 222,944.19
      7. Pirate Fortress 30 57,899.91
      8. Sea Chart Archive 40 372,876.89
      9. Tavern 47 480,843.82
      10. Town Hall 40 509,033.25
      11. Wall 48 801,236.72
      12. Forester's House 32 138,712.37
      13. 2 Trading Ports 47 1,514,999.28
      14. 2 Warehouses 40 142,196.94
      15. 4 Resource buildings* 32 589,864.32
      16. -----------------------------------------------------------
      17. Total per town: 6,696,158.72
      18. Total for all towns (12): 80,353,904.64
      Display All

*See Q&A

The maximum possible master builder's score you can (currently) get, then, is 80,353,905 points. This is the number that will be displayed in the highscores, but fractional parts are kept track of (see the Q&A below).

Why these buildings? You don't even have a hideout!
      We are throwing practicality out of the window here. You need these buildings to get the maximum score. There is no other way to do it but with these buildings.

Additional Q&A:

Display Spoiler

What is a "Resource building"?
      Stonemasons, Glassblowers, Alchemist's Towers, and Winegrowers. These four buildings give identical amounts of points. This does not include Foresters.

Do not confuse this with resource reduction buildings, like the Carpenter and Wine Press. This is not the same and these buildings give far fewer points.

How can I build three resource buildings in a single town? It only lets me do one!
      You must use ambrosia to teleport your town to an island of a different resource in order to build another resource building. For example, if you start on a marble island, you would build a level 32 stonemason, teleport to a crystal island, build a level 32 glassblower, teleport again to a wine island, build a level 32 winegrower, teleport a final time to a sulphur island, and build a level 32 alchemist's tower. You will now have all four buildings in the same town. You must do this for all twelve of your towns.

Do you really need to count fractions of points?
      Yes. That building you built is really worth 6913.37 points, not 6913 or 6914. While the final number shown in the highscores is rounded, it does include fractions of points in its calculation.

Somebody on the test server has a very high/higher master builder's score. What's up with that?
      The test server has had various bugs that have allowed people to raise certain buildings beyond the levels that are possible today. I have heard that various players on the test server have Town Halls that are well above level 40.

What about that really old thread you linked to? Are the things mentioned there still relevant?
      The thread from 2010 is over six years old and many updates have hit Ikariam since then. Almost none of what's mentioned there is relevant today, but it may be an interesting read for some. I have spotted one error in the thread from 2013, and that's in the ambrosia cost needed for accelerating building time (see below).

Now, the big question:

Is this possible? What amount of effort is required to do this?
      Is this possible? With a lot of time and (optionally) money: yes, absolutely.

In order to build everything in all 12 towns (starting from nothing, mind you) you will need about 4.548 billion resources. Even producing the insane amount of 7,500 materials per hour from each and every town, it will take you 5.76 years to gather that much. But you likely don't produce that much. That's not your only worry, though:

You need to worry about the actual time it takes to build a building. The actual building time can be reduced with ambrosia so that buildings complete instantly. To do so, you will need to spend about 68,000 ambrosia, today worth around $4,800 US. If you don't do that, though, it will take about 2.6 years of non-stop building per town. If you can only do one town at a time, it will take 31 years of non-stop building. If you don't want to spend several decades building, you will need to spend some ambrosia. Why not start a special savings account?

Are you sure?
      Though it's possible I've missed something, I am very confident in the maximum possible point figure, right down to the last digit. The other numbers listed throughout this post are very-near approximations.

Please comment if you've enjoyed this post, if you have any questions, or if you'd like to point out a mistake I've made.
    • Good job, Reila! :)

I remember your previous topic and it was quite useful for me and some other old players who are looking for the max built towns.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Reila wrote:

What is the point?
      For fun. But really, this is essentially the "end game" of Ikariam. When you have reached the "Max Builder's Score", you are literally done building. All that's left to do in the game of Ikariam is research or building a military.

What do I need to build?
      These are the buildings required to reach max builder's score. You will have 12 cities, and all of them will look exactly like this. Ambrosia is required to build some of these buildings to the desired level.

Brainfuck Source Code

1. Building Level Built To Point Value (per town)
      2. Academy 32 207,954.99
      3. Barracks 49 725,155.62
      4. Dump 40 536,799.70
      5. Museum 21 395,640.72
      6. Palace/Governor 11 222,944.19
      7. Pirate Fortress 30 57,899.91
      8. Sea Chart Archive 40 372,876.89
      9. Tavern 47 480,843.82
      10. Town Hall 40 509,033.25
      11. Wall 48 801,236.72
      12. Forester's House 32 138,712.37
      13. 2 Trading Ports 47 1,514,999.28
      14. 2 Warehouses 40 142,196.94
      15. 4 Resource buildings* 32 589,864.32
      16. -----------------------------------------------------------
      17. Total per town: 6,696,158.72
      18. Total for all towns (12): 80,353,904.64
      Display All

*See Q&A

The maximum possible master builder's score you can (currently) get, then, is 80,353,905 points. This is the number that will be displayed in the highscores, but fractional parts are kept track of (see the Q&A below).

Why these buildings? You don't even have a hideout!
      We are throwing practicality out of the window here. You need these buildings to get the maximum score. There is no other way to do it but with these buildings.

This thread amuses me and it's nice to see someone has gone and run the numbers for the time to construct it all.

But you have too many buildings built in your list. There is space, including the GR/Palace and Town Hall (excluding the ports and wall) for 13 buildings - you list 14 buildings plus the TH & GR. So your numbers are wrong there.

It is possible that people who merged to different servers in both server merges are at 3 different resource boosters and done for free as well (I was tempted when we merged away from Omikron to keep my stone masons in the towns I moved to different resource islands for example but I didn't because practicality).

That said, whilst I'm sure someone somewhere will be aiming for maximum master builders score, many of the top end players are looking more at a practical final build layout.

So Carpenters Houses stay because they reduce military costs not just building costs, but dumps are also not needed because of the 4 warehouses able to sustain enough income but also keep the maximum safe in storage. Academies also have no place because you should be done with researches at that point anyways and if not well they will get done and the academies will be removed for the final practical build. Temples as standard across most if not all colonies with a shipyard instead of a trading port - you can't rely exclusively on black markets even though it'd be a dream for many. The Black Market or Trading Post in most if not all towns also allows for other methods of dispersing the income asides from donating and then you have to work in an embassy somewhere and hideouts to however many you feel are needed which isn't always a 1 to every single town, indeed if you've maxed building you could transition to heavy gold use very fast and have few hideouts because you're military will be substantial and the old adage of if someone wants to find and attack me they will regardless of how much anti-spy defense I have will also apply in the decision here. Regardless of all this, It's a decent thread and nice to read.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • But you have too many buildings built in your list. There is space, including the GR/Palace and Town Hall (excluding the ports and wall) for 13 buildings - you list 14 buildings plus the TH & GR. So your numbers are wrong there.
      Not really - there are also special places for town wall, pirate fortress and also 2 ports, so in total - 19 places, at least in my towns. :)
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • There is a guy Mickey Lee on Ikariam.fr (s3) with 73,161,333 building score (87,747,270 total score).

And also Robotop on Ikariam.bg (s5) with 66,609,371 building score (75,717,468 total score).

I suppose these both could be the biggest ones.
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Interesting thread, cool observation, but outcome of doing this is just pointless.One of my old friends said Ikariam community (or part of it) carries this state of illness where numbers on their scores makes them think they are just as much impressive.Ridiculous.

Until you reach your desired score, you will encounter numerous invasions of other players as soon as they realize you are without hideouts.You normally shortlisted buildings that add the most to your score; which equals to the cost.You will HAVE to go above safe storage many times.Add that to getting spied easily and your advisor will go red frequently.

Not to even waste words about how much you are taking away from your empire by placing buildings that produce nothing to it (putting resource boosters of different resource than the one you`re sitting on).In the same time, aside from hideouts, you are missing out on numerous benefits of other buildings.

I understand we play this game with different views and reasoning, but this above is just one pathetic points race.All of what you are going to lose one day when game gets shut down.
    • All of what you are going to lose one day when game gets shut down.
      Do you realize we all will loose everything one day when the death comes? ;)

Everyone has his own goals in the game and I think - such "pathetic race" gives at least some fun replacing daily routine. Otherwise playing just because of playing and without real goal sooner or later gets boring.

And it's not so hard if your empire is in good area and you have alliance members to help you (defending, trading, borrowing resources). Of course - if you're in the middle of map, full of enemies - you'll never gonna get this. But players who are going to reach this have planned their islands and area for already long time.
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Yes, I realize that.Do you realize that life cannot be equalized to a freaking game, especially when one obtains no benefit of it ? :pillepalle:
      What you do is not even entertainment...

I thought to be done with this reply but I have to address one more thing - regardless of your location, as soon as the word spreads, you will be hit.For instance, Spidey Taak here moved his empire to the edge in Omikron and surrounded himself with his own members.Spidey, what happened when Hulk warped near you ? ^^

As soon as your weakness spreads around, someone will visit you.And whatever your defending argument is, 99% of fighters are smart enough not to defend a farm. Are you somewhat related to David Munter, maybe ? He also counted on some defence partners while he would hoard resources... always turns out to be a bad move.
    • Reila wrote:

Reila even mentioned in his first post that it's purely a hypothetical on how to get the max MB score. So yes, Rime it's not a great build but it is the one with the highest MB score and I find it a little interesting.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • I am splitting this response into two sections, separated by a long underscore between them. The first section addresses the idea of how hard the hardest/longest developmental section of Master Builders Points is. The second section addresses not only a person who is telling us all that the game we enjoy playing in our spare time (which for most these days is our last remaining browser game because well online gaming has exploded in the last half decade quite significantly beyond just browser gaming but we're all here and playing Ikariam because we enjoy it and enjoy our approaches to it and the players we play with many of whom have become friends beyond the game and thus real life gains from playing Ikariam) but also address the same random scrub whose trying to tell people I'm a scrub who has no idea what I'm doing despite approaching 27 million TS and having the largest crystal mine in the games history ever. I reference a few players in the second section who are active on the boards where I play - previously Omikron (from a week into its' creation), and now Ny - who as enemies or friends or both know what they are doing on a level most don't appreciate, hence referencing them. The second section is in novel format because trolls deserve walls of text when you put them down. It also amuses me muchly and many others too, but on with the first section:

Xarius:
      @draxo fair play there then thats not too far away but the last 10 mil would be both the hardest and longest to do! :thumbup:

Actually, it depends entirely on what you prioritise in terms of building. As a working example, I'm at 25.24 million Master Builders Score and I have 12 colonies each with a museum 21 and a tavern 47, warehouses are maxed, boosters are maxed, dumps are as high as they need to be and the remaining buildings are cheaper at each level to make then the ones already maxed because that's how I prioritised my own building. The hardest and most dangerous part of my high end building overall was the 15 million to 25 million TS (not master builders, I wasn't exactly paying attention to it haha!) stage, but that's past, and I don't even need to build anymore because donating was my goal and still is, and by 15 million Master Builders score you have everything you ever really need to play all aspects of the game competently and everything else is just icing on the cake. I just now have the most efficient economy you can get outside of maxing economic futures. This is because I prioritised certain structures and focused on them before all others. I have 2 golden rules that may help those of you trying to develop far stronger accounts:

i) If there are resources to pillage and pillage safely without you being counter pillaged, then you pillage those resources and other developmental goals cease for the duration - i.e. you have to farm and farm as much as you can when it makes sense to farm;

ii) If you have the resources for a more expensive building, get that building now because there is no guarantee you'll ever be able to get that building level again - i.e. Build Big when the opportunity presents itself because opportunities are never guaranteed to repeat.

I digress:

Master Builders Score needs to be looked at in one key way:

Compare the master builders scores with the building level score of players. People with a lower building level score but higher master builders have more expensive buildings already completed and conversely players with high building levels and lower master builders have buildings with more levels that cost less to make overall. You can intuitively look at master builders and building level score coupled with scientists and research scores to figure out roughly what a players' towns have in term of buildings without ever needing to use spies purely because of the numbers which do not lie if you understand what they mean. If you find all their towns the town hall levels are there for you to see clearly and this adds even more information to your estimates.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I must say I feel a giggle of pleasure burbling away inside me whenever I read the board and I see people talking about me and getting all their facts wrong but they are so adamant about how they are right that I feel like just leaving them be.

But lets clear some things up:

Omikron US I joined a week into it when it was first created. Myself and a group of others started there having come from fighter based alliances on the UK domain (Omikron and Rho servers) with a collective goal of getting the highest level quarry in the games history and outside that crazy island with level 53 sawmills and level 53 luxury mines (which to my mind is a speed server or a test server with increased resources because level 53 luxury is mind boggling expensive I simply cannot fathom how it was done on a normal speed server - Draxo, you're more knowledgeable here do you know?) we're equal first there at level 45 luxury mine, but due to the server merge I moved away from marble and went crystal because reasons but now I suddenly find instead of being equal highest quarry in the games history I'm equal highest luxury mine but highest crystal mine by 7'ish entire levels. Fun times. We actually lost donations equivalent to a level 45, 46, and 47 sawmill on this forced merge because players and their donation contributions disappear over time, and alas, archeron and several others who started with us are no more. The point here is I didn't move to the edge of the world in Omikron I STARTED THERE at an invite from archeron because we planned it all on the UK servers where we all started playing in the first place (and Jam, who is now in her mid-70's would just go and put us all in our place by showing us how to use military like a champ, heh, fun times). The reason the edge of the world had a dead zone of several clusters of islands around my islands is because myself, Jam and archeron wiped out every player we didn't choose to ally with in the first 6 months - that area was swarming with players every island had 10-12 colonies on them and we farmed them to deletion (no ghosting back then). We were even in a war against DAWAR who were the dominant and undefeated alliance for the first year on Omikron and they came in with more players and more military then we could muster and they gained zero resources, ZERO RESOURCES once we were logged in and found out what was going down, but then we proceeded to equal the O-Points of DAWAR and after a fortnight we decided toc all it a draw becuse no one had actually done more damage then the other and no loot had been scored and DAWAR kept its' undefeated reputation and myself and DAWAR's leader Pluvious proceeded to childishly insult each other on our respective alliance pages. The first server merge occurred and we got stuck on a target server meaning we couldn't move, but conveniently I finished my last level 21 max level museum on my 12th colony before the merge occurred not that it mattered it was quite peaceful in that year anyways. 12 level 21 Museums by about 18 million TS, yeah, that's called knowing how to play and prioritising your high end buildings that affect not only your economy but your military production and recovery, and doing it faster then anybody else ever had before. But hey, I see a goal and I push it hard. The second merge occurred and we were forced to merge to Ny, as above we lost levels and weren't able to seal islands as we wanted as there was no guarantee of more then the 18 days of donation phase to get rid of all our collective donations of over 1.6 billion donations, so we compromised and incidentally I'm now on islands with other highly developed players one fo which is very military centric and the other, like myself is a hybrid player who can, when they need to, fight because you do not get to 20 million+ let alone almost 27 million TS in less then 4.5 years of Ikariam play where you don't choose to pirate and haven't evaluated in over 18 months of gameplay anyways without knowing how and more importantly, when, to use your military. But whatever, I'm at 70th in O-Points on Ny with just under 20,000 O-Points, I was top 50 a fortnight ago with over 35,000 O-Points and still less then 12,000 MS at that point or now where I'm at like 4,000 MS and still doing just fine because I know HOW and more importantly WHEN to fight. Incidentally some of the best fighters on the US domain - Kola for example, will not attack me because they understand that it is pointless, as once I'm logged in and know what's up I'm just gonna laugh and ignore it all and go back to power donating which is what my goal is for Ikariam and why I'm still here because it feels awesome updating the wiki when you've just finished a mine upgrade that took 4 months to upgrade. Heck, last time I dismissed my military because it meant I got more donations and the attackers got robbed of O-Points and then when i was bored I built small one wave attacks and did some damage then dismissed the troops when they returned because you ain't getting O-Points off me once I'm active and laughing at you. Economically it all goes into donations which strengthens me overall more then you NOT attacking (if you aren't attacking me I'm not improving my income - I don't sit at full population, I don't need to, so when mines or mills upgrade I can easily fill the workers, if you are attacking me this leads towards me strengthening my income and overall ability to develop whereas if you don't I'm throwing resources at stuff that doesn't strengthen me here - it's beautiful like that and hilariously effective) me because all my production and booster buildings are complete nowadays. I farm and I even have the odd one on one or one on two or what have you unannounced wars in game, but at the end of the day, attacking me and trying to provoke any sort of humiliation in attacking me will result in me posting an ongoing tally of how you pillaged nothing that day and how much I donated towards strengthening my income and overall account development. Inside a week only, you end up so far behind it isn't funny. So what did happen when TheHulk attacked me 2 or 3 years ago with his friends? Oh they teleported onto us and occupied us and blockaded us and we went into donation mode and got an extra sawmill level. After a while I also upgraded the last foresters houses from 30 to 31 and took all 12 of them to level 32. I also completed 7 Governor Residences 11 all whilst he was on my doorstep and attacking here and there - he was there for a long time. I have the utmost respect for TheHulk these days - he, like myself, has a set approach to the game and set values and he doesn't back down from them, and that is rare to see. We may be very different people with very different outlooks on what is fun in game (fighting is almost always fun, even in a refreshingly simple manner, I'll pay that at least) but we're both at the top of our respective game play approaches. Anyways, I still pushed through it and came out at top of Omikron in most developmental scores pre-first-merge, right at the end of that era before we merged to Ny in the second merge I popped into 2nd on resources score which is all the resources you've ever spent on anything in your time playing, I'm currently second on Ny in RS and pushing head of everyone below me on a consistent scale daily. Did we mention I haven't pirate evaluated in over a year and a half yet I'm still there? Run the numbers, I can't of gotten there by just sitting on my own economy and letting the resources flow in and my trading score is non-existant so how, oh how, did/do I manage it? Oh yeah, I'm not a farm nor a scrub player, I do know what I am doing and know how to prioritise things that overall develop me far stronger. Do you even understand how awesome having 252 CT's is? Because it is truly amazingly awesome on an epic winful scale. Does anyone else on the US Domain have level 21 museums in all their towns? I'm pretty sure there's less then 5 of us at that level and everyone else on the list got them 5 or 6 million TS or more after I had completed my last one when you look at the TS that they are built on or at. So feel free to attack me here all you want, you don't seem to understand simple concepts such as prioritised building and a very strong economic income (I'm pretty sure I'm still a top 3 donator worldwide - Draxo, I'm pretty sure you can confirm that) as well as smart use of military assets to ensure you come out ahead regardless of what happens. David Munter is a self-proclaimed pacifist who thought that having 50,000 MS would protect him. Backspace will tell it straight like this too - as a miner-developer you only need at best 4,000 MS to protect yourself. This is more then the 1 ground troop 1 tender per colony MS because you need to have a force capable of farming other players, without which unless you have superb income from mines and mills (which Mr Munter lacks) your development is going to be severely hampered. I used to look at myself as a hybrid donator-fighter, but I like to classify myself now as a Developmental Donator - it's still a hybrid play style and you still farm and use military but you pick and choose when and how because you have that luxury once you hit about 15 million TS or rather once you hit a development point where you honestly don't need anything else to play effectively in all aspects of the game.

I'll leave it here with a note on 'resource hoarding' - the vast majority of players with 20 million+ TS will at any one time have at least 2 million resources across the board on their colonies. This isn't resource hoarding, heck it's small change to most players at this level, and some people even hold resource stores of each resource up to their safe limits, and lets look at it like that, say 75,000 of 5 resources (it's 76,900 but 75k is a round number) is 375,000 resources across 12 colonies that's 4.5 million resources all of it being 100% safe. Do the players use ambrosia to support the game they enjoy playing? If so do they use double safe storage? Many do which is 9 million (9.228 million to be exact) 100% safe resources. Resource Hoarding? lol. Most of the high end building levels cost LESS then 9 million resources, the only time they become exposed is when the players are pooling the resources for large upgrades, but that's assuming you are in a state of constant conflict and are keeping resources low or not donating or experimenting away or what have you. The term 'resource hoarder' is thus very ambiguous as it lacks any actual grounding in soocio-political environment in game from an individual player to player perspective. But feel free to keep using the terminology and telling everyone you don't quite grasp how players develop when they hit 20 million+ (and even 10 million+) TS without excessive military to inflate that score yet like to yell and scream about how awesome you are and how unfun the game is for players who have been playing it for more then half a decade across various domains and servers and have met friends made ingame through their approaches irl even to the extent of meeting friends from the other side of the world. It really tells us all you don't grasp the fundamentals of online browser gaming and the true potential it has for a positive impact on your life outside the game. Well done.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • That is a really large wall of text... :blink" (I'm just not sure what else to say about it.)

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats

The post was edited 1 time, last by JuneBarcarolle ().

• Nice observation Reila.Although I am not the one who would do it that way, I can totally understand why some other people would do it.Folks who want to keep this at their hand, just add this thread to your favorite threads so you don`t end up searching a lot for it later.

Other than that... do some people on this thread have life at all ? Some posts make me think they don`t.For real.Spidey gathered some experience in the game, he built decently sized account (still 9 million behind me) but I believe entire post of his could fit into ten sentences if not less.Sup with the entire reconstruction of Hulk`s military action against you ? Thread "HULK smash spidey" outlines everything someone would ever want to know about it and you stretched the story from Black Sea all the way to Atlantic Ocean.Damn...