What will you do when you know that your government is heavily corrupted?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• What will you do when you know that your government is heavily corrupted?

demonstration?
      kill president?
      terrorism?
      or join the administration to fix it internally?

etc.

what will you do? :ninja2
      I talk to people and size is not a thing that matter
    • I am British and I find the country I live in discriminates against ethnics, I have decided where I will live in the world but I am saving up.

What made me want to leave? Crappy weather, negative attitudes towards those who are ethnic, (against ethnics) violence and a very slack government!

HELL got sober BEGGING ON his KNEES
    • Visible corruption is significantly better than invisible corruption. No pure communism nor pure democracy exists, so I'll take what I've got for now, however if the question was asking where would I live to deal with the best form or forms of government, the answer for me would be a choice between Denmark, new Zealand, Sweden and Switzerland

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • Hmm, I put a post on earlier, it said it wouldn't be posted until it's been checked by moderators and it hasn't been posted yet. :(

I do like the Swiss system of direct democracy and no single head of state.
      I also think that New Zealand is an excellent system of representative democracy. It allows both constituency based politics, so local people are represented by who they voted for and at the same time over all in parliament they have the entire nation represented proportionally.
      :gyrocopter-ani:
      BaM - Definition, bad at Mafia
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • Sharpe12 wrote:

Sure, unless you look at any fact ever.

Do you mean a lot of country happens in 3rd world countries??

Also down to the opportunity to exploit money and gain power imo.

To me it just seems that the most corruption happens when their is money involved which gives the biggest risk to either the richest of countries or the poorest simply because of the oppression etc...

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • Rich countries are rich because they have little corruption.

Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, UK, Germany, Denmark, Iceland. Rich, low corruption.

Zimbabwe, Russia, China, North Korea, Nigeria, South Africa, Argentina. Poor, High corruption. (Note, although China has the second largest economy in the world this is due to the size of its population, gdp per capita is low.)

Now look at two countries that are very similar. Uruguay and Argentina, both former dictatorships quite recently. One has been corrupted by the Kirchners and their silly policy of reclaiming our Falklands to distract the population from financial woes and corruption, the other has had a sensible government with low government. Uruguay now has the highest standards of living in South America. Argentina can't run its Airforce or navy
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • Sharpe12 wrote:

Rich countries are rich because they have little corruption.

Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Finland, UK, Germany, Denmark, Iceland. Rich, low corruption.

Zimbabwe, Russia, China, North Korea, Nigeria, South Africa, Argentina. Poor, High corruption. (Note, although China has the second largest economy in the world this is due to the size of its population, gdp per capita is low.)

Now look at two countries that are very similar. Uruguay and Argentina, both former dictatorships quite recently. One has been corrupted by the Kirchners and their silly policy of reclaiming our Falklands to distract the population from financial woes and corruption, the other has had a sensible government with low government. Uruguay now has the highest standards of living in South America. Argentina can't run its Airforce or navy

As an ethnic person living in England I can say there is a lot of corruption. I have been physically beaten because of the colour of my skin, called the police and they threatened to arrest me when the white man who beat me called me a terrorist. This was all on camera and but somehow went missing. England as a is very corrupted when it comes to race and equal opportunities. A lot of the police is corrupt, the government is ran by idiots and the country is full of dumb idiots.

I would be happy in any country that does not discriminate on the colour of your skin.

• Sharpe12 wrote:

Statistics can always be misleading. The ranking of corruption [the rich countries mentioned above] is actually corruption "perception" index as corruption can't be measured directly like GDP ?( So it all depends on what you perceive as corruption [institutional, fiscal, political, policy, public corruption or even ideological].

Interestingly
      Sweden - 40% swedes(?) believe their country is corrupt [source wiki]
      Switzerland - a known haven for tax evasion and money laundering [fiscal corruption which ultimately comes back to haunt economy]
      Norway, Iceland - panama papers, iceland prime minister actually resigned over this ?
      Uk - well the brits know about this more than me :)
      Germany- Most reports cite low level institutional corruption but also point out lack of transparency and thereof... not so sure about business corruption [volkswagen comes to mind]
      Denmark- ok this one stumped me. No info to rebut, they do have highest minimum wage though :thumbup:
      Lastly most rich countries are rich due to centuries of imperialist past of accumulated wealth [still maiming most "third world" countries].
      The rich are rich because the poor are poor. Not to dismiss the progress by the "rich" countries, but they did have a head start over the rest of the world.
      No offense to anyone, they are all wonderful countries to live in [maybe best among many].

• Kuzanite wrote:

Sharpe12 wrote:

Statistics can always be misleading. The ranking of corruption [the rich countries mentioned above] is actually corruption "perception" index as corruption can't be measured directly like GDP ?( So it all depends on what you perceive as corruption [institutional, fiscal, political, policy, public corruption or even ideological].

Interestingly
      Sweden - 40% swedes(?) believe their country is corrupt [source wiki]
      Switzerland - a known haven for tax evasion and money laundering [fiscal corruption which ultimately comes back to haunt economy]
      Norway, Iceland - panama papers, iceland prime minister actually resigned over this ?
      Uk - well the brits know about this more than me :)
      Germany- Most reports cite low level institutional corruption but also point out lack of transparency and thereof... not so sure about business corruption [volkswagen comes to mind]
      Denmark- ok this one stumped me. No info to rebut, they do have highest minimum wage though :thumbup:
      Lastly most rich countries are rich due to centuries of imperialist past of accumulated wealth [still maiming most "third world" countries].
      The rich are rich because the poor are poor. Not to dismiss the progress by the "rich" countries, but they did have a head start over the rest of the world.
      No offense to anyone, they are all wonderful countries to live in [maybe best among many].

Kuzanite, you spit knowledge. Respect!

I feel your points are valid, these countries are rich from looting and stealing other lands.

Also, Americans have more choice than Trump and Clinton but get little publicity or air time because when all is said and done, it is money that wins.

• Khaleesi wrote:

Sharpe12 wrote:

As an ethnic person living in England I can say there is a lot of corruption. I have been physically beaten because of the colour of my skin, called the police and they threatened to arrest me when the white man who beat me called me a terrorist. This was all on camera and but somehow went missing. England as a is very corrupted when it comes to race and equal opportunities. A lot of the police is corrupt, the government is ran by idiots and the country is full of dumb idiots.

I would be happy in any country that does not discriminate on the colour of your skin.

This is quite sad to here. To be honest I do find it hard to believe that the police would be so corrupt in Britain, my dealings with the police have been very positive, you should complain to the police watchdog. My cousins husband is from Nigeria, in general he says that in this country rascism isn't much of a problem and he doesn't experience very much in day to day life. Except for, remember the murder of that solider in London by black terrorists? After that for a few months he had people shouting at him on the streets and abusing him because he was African, which was just bizarre.

However I think in general we are probably one of the best countries in the world for lack of racial discrimination. But, as with anywhere, poverty breeds ignorance and racism.

I not sure you can say rich countries are solely rich because they stole from other lands. I think especially in the case of the U.K. It's a cultural thing, we have a long standing culture of free thought, speech, science and innovation, I think it's probably because we haven't been under the yolk of the Catholic Church since Henry 8, so we haven't had to deal with their anti science policies that they've had until shockingly recently. After all, it's easy to develop fastest when you invent everything that's new
    • I was born and raised in England, discrimination based on the colour of my skin is normal for me.

Last year November time; I finished work, crossed the road and walked along the footpath and some dude nearly drove his white van into me whilst i was on the footpath, i started screaming im on the footpath, he told i should be careful (on the footpath). The guy in the car next to him started giving my abuse because i am brown, it was horrible but the worst part was to see my colleagues stand and watch and do nothing.

I doubt you understand, in fact i know you don't understand and like most people you will paint a pretty picture of how great England is when in my opinion its not.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khaleesi ().