Do your mods delete posts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Do your mods delete posts?

Our mod goes around deleting my alliance's posts, threads ect because we are at war with his buddy. Does yours delete posts?
      You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor

The post was edited 1 time, last by Backspace ().

• Not sure when you turned into such a dbag, LM. Never thought you'd go cry to your mod buddies and have them start deleting our posts, didn't seem like your character. You were one of the few I actually had some respect for.
      You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor

The post was edited 1 time, last by Backspace ().

• [drk]Since I am the mod here, I figured I would answer...

Nope....I don't delete posts. I disable them sometimes, but they usually come back. I know that I have had to disable entire threads in the past to prevent anyone posting until I can get caught up. But it always came back.

In all honesty, we never delete anything. We just permanently hide stuff that doesn't follow the rules. And this goes for all the board staff.[/drk]
    • The problem is definitely a two-way street.

When a player, or a group of players, constantly make posts and threads that are clearly against the rules and are clear slights against certain mods on a frequent basis, of course they can expect to be finding their threads/posts deleted more often than not. The name of this thread and the first post of this thread is a perfect example of said attitude. It's a clear biased opinion, whether that's admitted or not, whether it's fair or not.

At the same time, the said-mod in question is clearly biased to the situation as well. I don't have a huge issue with most of the recent "deletions" made by this mod, except for the fact that he has let a lot of other things slip in the past on his server communities. So while he may be judging somewhat based on reputation, there is a level of bias here as well.

I think the bottom line is you can have fun and do the right thing. I can be snarky and sarcastic, and a real bundle of joy toward others. I do have some biased areas, but I know when to let things go. I know where lines are crossed, and I know when enough is enough. Others should learn the same. There are better ways to get better results than a thread like this.
      LegendaryKiller

• Point well made LK

However I have no relation to this mod or the recent posts deletion but you can't deny that in both past and present there are board staff that abuse the abilities they have here and you can't subit a ticket because it always gets brushed under the carpet, no action is ever taken so steam is usually vented in threads via the players... :thumbdown:

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • So this debate goes on here but can`t happen in NY ? Wow...

I have tried to address some issues moments ago but my thread went down within few seconds.It is safe to say that you guys (or some of you) are abusing your position and from what I heard, it ultimately may lead to a rival forum.Not entirely a bright course of action but still better than this.

In short, my call to you DrkAngel is still open.I await you to address:

-Rule enforcing inequality
      -Nonsensical warnings
      -Censorship, modification and removal of diplomatic and CR postings
      -SMODs ignoring private communication with players regarding their warnings

You are perfectly aware of what I wrote in the censored post.You may step up and discuss or lets just close this one as well and not waste time.Selective response directed to trivial things while ignoring the important ones is unnecessary too.
    • [drk]Why thank you. :love:

I am working on it. I have a lot of stuff to get through. Ya know....trying to get the whole picture. I don't like jumping to conclusions. But like you already mentioned....it's my birthday, and I would rather spend it doing something else rather than go though many messages and threads, yet I am here trying to get a handle on all of this. But don't worry, I plan on ignoring the boards completely tomorrow in order to celebrate getting older.

I am getting to everyone and everything. I am only one person being pulled in many directions right now. I am not joking when I say we are understaffed here.

If there is anything else that you need to ask, please direct it to my inbox as I won't talk about it on the boards any further.[/drk]