How do you react to the one that raid you?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• How do you react to the one that raid you?

For example,
      you work really hard past 20 days and in the 21st day (the last day of a piracy round), you got raided in last minute.

How are you going to react to this circumstance?

retaliate them with military force? build a better crew next game round and let him taste the same bitterness that you had once tasted, or just let it go?
      :ram-ani:
      I talk to people and size is not a thing that matter
    • Mea1 wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but I do both :P

I pillage them into v-mode and make sure I am stronger the next round. Or at least strong enough to take out most of their members.

Pillage them to v-mode? Ouch,that is super bold solution though.
      Thanks for giving your thoughts, I'm thinking about a less violence way or win-win solution heheh :beer:
    • Mea1 wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but I do both :P

I pillage them into v-mode and make sure I am stronger the next round. Or at least strong enough to take out most of their members.

Pillaging into v-mode doesn't work all the time, indeed I never understood why people would take capture points then sit on the resources especially when they use ambrosia as they can rip through the next set of expensive upgrades and convert and donate to safe limits of each resource type and be perfectly fine whilst jumping significantly in long term strength. Pillaging people to v-mode solo is easy vs scrubs but against stronger more veteran players simple maths also comes into it - say they evaluated a measly 10 million resources, if you are attacking them solo it's still a week or more of non-stop attacks to pillage all of that, they could sit there and adopt the 'well technically they were their resources but now they can work for them harder' attitude and do multiple upgrades before you clear them otherwise ignoring you, and of course there are the players that will hit back.

The 'make sure my cs is stronger next round' isn't always a viable solution either.

But yeah, I don't get this v-mode when attacked crap that happens, outside of strategically applying it in a war to prevent ports being blockaded/used and then hopping out a day or two later and continuing the good fight, ignoring attackers completely and jut going into a passive donation/experiment stretch still develops you massively and has your opponent just sitting their looking stupid wasting their time for literally nothing.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Forcing someone into vmode is easy when you play in a strong alliance, not to mention being in those alliances usually means you dont get hit in piracy.

On the rare occasions it does happen i would agree with mea, hit them with everything take what you can and make sure they dont place in piracy at least next round perhaps never again

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • I pillage them into v-mode
      And then we're wondering why servers become empty... congrats to all pillagers who attack others to get in v-mode! :thumbup:
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Draxo wrote:

I pillage them into v-mode
      And then we're wondering why servers become empty... congrats to all pillagers who attack others to get in v-mode! :thumbup:

That is not the reason they're empty and you know it!!! They are empty simply because of the abuse of the rules, cheating and just in general its a very old game and so will lose its player base to some degree.

Very few players get pillaged into v mode because only those dumb enough to do something warranting it get that treatment!!

• So who`s to blame ? Pillagers ? Game ?
      Because one pillages another ?

I am interested to hear what did you mean by that, Draxo.For instance, my most recent war vs Honor; majority vmodes as soon as first attack is launched.So what should we do to "keep servers alive" ? Kick out military and operations completely ?
    • Players v mode because they simply cant be bothered to fight, they see a war begin or a player retaliate and they v mode simply because its too much effort to coordinate their units to defend properly or retake towns and ports etc...

Sure some have genuine RL issues but most dont! Ha

• I am interested to hear what did you mean by that, Draxo.For instance, my most recent war vs Honor; majority vmodes as soon as first attack is launched.So what should we do to "keep servers alive" ? Kick out military and operations completely ?
      I am not against pillaging or fighting. Let me show you two real examples:
      • player A who does pillage / attack players around him just to make them delete accounts or run into permanent vacation mode till the end of world - attack them zillion times just to keep their GS zero and warehouses empty (and they are proud by doing that);
      • player B who does pillage players around him some times per day (and not often) to not make them leave game - these victims are not very active players but they would leave game if someone will attack them for months, however in the same time they are a source of goods.
      That's what I was referring to. ;) I've seen and heard both cases in live servers.
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Draxo wrote:

I am interested to hear what did you mean by that, Draxo.For instance, my most recent war vs Honor; majority vmodes as soon as first attack is launched.So what should we do to "keep servers alive" ? Kick out military and operations completely ?
      I am not against pillaging or fighting. Let me show you two real examples:
      • player A who does pillage / attack players around him just to make them delete accounts or run into permanent vacation mode till the end of world - attack them zillion times just to keep their GS zero and warehouses empty (and they are proud by doing that);
      • player B who does pillage players around him some times per day (and not often) to not make them leave game - these victims are not very active players but they would leave game if someone will attack them for months, however in the same time they are a source of goods.
      That's what I was referring to. ;) I've seen and heard both cases in live servers.

This.

Player B is the more skilled player because they recognise that long term they will still likely pillage the player to quitting, however if that target is hit maybe 2 or 3 times every week or even fortnight, resources increase and more loot is taken and if they manage to keep them around for 6 or more months then they are winning and also not driving players' from the game. Some players will rage quit almost as soon as they get hit and some will do the v-mode thing to try and dissuade the attacker but it is very manageable to hit them every week or so and infrequently enough that you profit more in the long term. WeHaveTowels did a combination of player a and b as above when we first started in omikron a week into the server's life - we did the player a stuff to people around us to create a no mans land to give plenty of warning of attackers and the player b stuff to clusters of islands further afield which sustained long term development very nicely inside the first year of play.

@Giannis,

Another thread on the boards (don't ask me where) in the past week, had a player saying how their member was being blockaded to the extent that they were ready to leave the game because they couldn't actually play the game at all. The same applies to pillagers attacking non-stop and not MANAGING THEIR FARMS. It's always better to get more resources over the long term then far less in the short.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

• yep, not everyone know how to fight or ask for help

GF need to think about a game that suit for everyone, not just direct them go on the same way: fighting....

I partially sympathize with Honor though

I've witnessed many players left the game
    • Ikariam is not only the fighting game (as some people try to claim), it has also many other aspects to fit everyone's needs.
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Enter wrote:

I agree.Therefore I wonder what was he trying to say.How does GF push people to play as fighters ?
      I seriously cannot understand.

Any browser game where the core tennets are build an army, attack others to get resources faster, and expand your power base, at the core level is a fighting game. Ikariam provides multiple options to mitigate the impact of fighters and to encourage other forms of play such as heavy mining, building, or trading. There are games in this genre out there that are exclusively about the fighting, Ikariam is not one such game regardless of the core tennet being available. Many people miss this.

omixgodlydemon wrote: