Idea for Ikariam!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Im talking to :censored: again... *sigh* this is why suggestions fail so often, because logic is lacking among any basis. It's quite sad when you consider that using logic truly isn't that hard. Best of luck on your suggestion, perhaps I've overlooked something obvious, I highly doubt that, but if that's the case maybe it'll only be pitched to brainstorming instead of Rejected. I'll go with my track number over the clear attempt to attempt to appeal to probability as well as how you're attempting to make this ad hominem, it simply does not help your case nor your stance as a logical individual, which is why I simply dismiss the chances that you could possibly be an individual of logic in general.

Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
  • I highly believe your question is misguided and the question itself is therefore invalid. I suppose I'll answer, they are not. If you are capable of coming up with a valid question I'll eventually come around, read it and answer but I'm fairly certain this thread has had a fork stuck in it. To take away from something and both being directly equivalent is.... the thought is idiotic at best.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• I was going to make an elaborate explanation as to why this won't work, but I'll just allow you both to learn from the past. I was also going to explain that a mobile and a teleported town are not similar in the slightest, the case I was making beforehand, but then I realized that you're both very, very confused.

Occupation, Deploying, defending and Blocking

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• Bamc, it seems as though there is a much larger problem at hand with the idea, which makes you correct. I never realized that unfortunately, the game would have to have a massive overhaul in the coding department in order to implement diversions. That is quite saddening, but unfortunately, theres nothing I can possible do.

However, in your link, turkeh seems to have enjoyed the idea but again its unfeasible due to the coding overhaul required. Therefore, the idea isn't garbage, nor does it make me "an illogical individual", etc. As turhkeh said, and I quote, "If this were easily possible, I'd love to see this go through." Seems as though it is a very logical and quite a good idea.

The evidence you provide to us now is allowing me to see the flaw in the whole suggestion, but it's not a flaw I would be able to see without knowing the code.

Your very obnoxious remarks about my intellect and logic are quite uncalled for though. I believe you're the one who claimed, "I'll go with my track number over the clear attempt to attempt to appeal to probability as well as how you're attempting to make this ad hominem, [...]" and yet it seems as though your the one making this whole thing a personal affair; with your insults.

You dampen the spirits of the boards with such behavior. I was only trying to begin a conversation about a possible idea. I never once said it would ever work, nor did I say it was fool proof. It was an idea, and now it's clear that it was potentially less feasible than I imagined. However, it doesn't make an individual lack logic.... I believe the only person lacking something here is you; you lack respect for other players.

Please close this thread, it looks as though turkeh has given me more information than I need about the whole idea. Thank you all and good day.

PS. Bam, if you need to warp your towns in order to be good at ikariam; I think you're the one whose tactics aren't up to par. I have never warped a town and I have won many battles and looted many people.

pce
    "To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace."
    George Washington
  • War Man wrote:

I was thinking for advancing ikariam even further, making it more enjoyable to play and more realistic, I was thinking of an idea that I've had for a while which I think should be patched into the game. Here is what I'm thinking: Navy and land units should have the ability to alter course, divert to another town etc.

I know this could be a complex idea; many variables would have to be looked at and so on. However, I believe it could allow players an even better way to play the game for fighters all around. This would give them the ability to join a battle which may have suddenly appeared or altering course because a town was overthrown by the enemy rather than having to turn around all together.

Leave your thoughts on the idea or critics! Also, if there are any questions leave those too! Would love to hear other views :thumbsup:

I always wondered why this is not already in game. I mean it is war game (if you like to attack people) and militaries In real life change courses.

PS; who reported this? :dash:

HELL got sober BEGGING ON his KNEES
  • @khal- I did so it could be moved to a proper section instead of discussion where it doesn't belong.

@war man - delighted to see the thread there and the idea behind it vs how it'd work in actuality are completely different. If you cannot see that spectrum, I apologize as its the logic I'm talking about, however, something else seems to be very interesting. I remember talking about it a couple years ago, but this isn't a war - based game. It never was and never can be due to the terrible updates it's gotten. It's a building based game. J/S

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote: