New unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I was thinking what other unit needed Ikariam and I thought about something like a knight that is for flanks and equal to the steam giants and hoplites comparation, I thought it could be cool if he used 2 spaces in battle and had something like:
      HP: 32
      armor: 1
      dmg: 15

This would give more variety to the game but I need some help to conclude this idea i just had.
    • I thought it could be cool
      Really? Do we need a new unit just because it would be "cool"? What's the sense of this new unit if you haven't given any other reasons and specifications?

Since there have been already a ton of new unit suggestions with more detailed descriptions...
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Will this new unit need to be upgraded in the workshop?

If the answer is "Yes, of couse, like all the other units":
      - What would happen with those players who demolished their workshops? Ins't a bit unfair to force them to rebuild it?
      - What with those who already build something else and have no free spots? Ins't a unfair to force them to demolish something to rebuild the workshop or not being able to upgrade the unit?

If the answer is "Well... maybe not...":
      - Wouldn't it be too weak against a upgraded unit?
      OR
      - Wouldn't it be too strong from the very fisrt moment?

The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna

The post was edited 2 times, last by zyxer ().

• Frankly seen so many better units, especially flanking units, suggested here.. this is probably the worst of it of all of them, I don't believe I was a fan... at all.. of my of them, but at least suggest something that would make a bit more sense I mean... a knight? You might as well have said a samurai.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • This is a very broad idea. although this is a very broad idea, it isnt a bad one. I suggest you try to get a bit more detailed about the aspects of your new unit in order for us to either help you or have bam here shoot it down....But keep brainstorming, a unit change could shake up things and make battling more immersive and maybe make land battles more interesting?
      "To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace."
      George Washington
    • do some sniper on the back line

effective in killing phalanx
      but weak in against machine like steam giant

--
      do some engineer as support unit,
      repair steam giant
      --

etc
      I talk to people and size is not a thing that matter