United Angloshpere?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• United Angloshpere?

What's clear in this next century is that China, Pakistan and India will become more powerful, probably more powerful than the USA, and may prove to be a threat to global peace and reduce the influence of the English speaking world, which for a long time has been the biggest defender of Liberty and Democracy.

So perhaps it may become logical to create a superstate, uniting all the English Speaking countries, The USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
      It wouldn't be so hard, after all despite massive cultural differences in Europe the EU has has been quite a success. So imagine how successful a union of six countries with a shared history, a belief in free market and common law could be.

So, do you think it's possible? Is it likely?

How do you think it could work?

Would it be enough to ensure the supremacy of the English speaking world continues?
      :gyrocopter-ani:
      BaM - Definition, bad at Mafia
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • AU and N do live their own life, since they are far away from EU and all other troubles. What would be their benefits from joining this?

USA & UK already are close enough.

Maybe they all do speak in the same language (which still isn't the same English) but they are quite different and widely placed to make any real cooperation.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Is distance really an issue these days though, after all Britain alone has territories in the Med, the Indian Ocean, the Caribbean South Pacific and South Atlantic. That is well managed.
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • Hmm nice topic...

I really dont think language would come into it though, why on earth would you want to leave France, Germany and well heck most of europe out just because they dont speak the same native language??

I certainly agree that the likes of japan and china will grow in the years to come but i dont ever think the global peace will be threatened. I like to think that our global society is much more advanced than the times of WWI & WWII, but i could be wrong!

In that case i think ALL countries in europe, both south and north america, Australia and for what its worth Africa too will come together. :thumbup:

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • It's not just language though, it's common values and beliefs, the belief in free trade, equality and common law. Also, you could only really have countries of similar wealth join together, otherwise it would cause a massive brain drain. Which is why Africa and South America would be out.
    • Yeah i agree i think t they could do more harm than good by tagging along.

However you say its that is our values and views but do you not think other non english speaking countries such as the majority of europe share the exact same thoughts and views?? :thumbup:

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • If that were true don't you think we'd still be in the EU? As much as we're probably comparable with Germany, Scandiavia, the Netherlands and the Baltic States, we are clearly incompatible with the french, the Spanish, the Belgians and the rest of Southern Europe. After all we're still in territorial disputes with the Spanish.
    • "the influence of the English speaking world, which for a long time has been the biggest defender of Liberty and Democracy. "
      ROFLMAO
      Did you know that MI6 was alleged to be involved in the assassination of the first democratically elected president of Congo ?
      Because he was professing something similar to what you were saying, only he was talking about uniting African sphere. [i guess maybe that's why]
      And that's just a grain in the sand.
      US is holding just fine on its own, no need for any squares or spheres :thumbsup:

So perhaps it may become logical to create a superstate, uniting all the English Speaking countries, The USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

Nyope, superstates fail superbly, And when you say english speaking, what about all the non-english speaking peoples in those countries ? Would they prefer to be in a union on the basis of language they don't connect with ? That plurality is the basis of US constitution [melting pot] and why US is indifferent to European illusion of some grand union.
      By the way do welsh count themselves as english speaking ? or the irish or the socttish ?
      And i doubt if kiwis would ever be in the same truck as aussies, but then i plead ignorance on that :phatgrin:
      By the way, more people in china and India speak English than most of the countries in anglosphere. Actually some argue that India be included in the Anglosphere because of this
      Now the Sphere is in your court :lolbash:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kuzanite ().

• I think you got too many points wrong and so your conclusion is too.

A) all those countries you mentioned are already de facto allied. Heck, all but one (USA) are in the commonwealth and the USA has great connections to the others, especially the UK.
      B) language is a very poor reason to glue countries together... and well, the EU, NATO, etc are all made of countries that speak different languages
      C) yes China is rising (and has risen quite a lot already)... but, it comes from nowhere and it has problems that are huge, such as trying to transform from a sweat shop into a modern economy, while demand globally is weak and their own growth is slowing very quickly while debt is rising. India has huge caste and poverty problems and pakistan is just a mess. China needs us a lot more than we need it (economy), India is basically, an ally and we have a tiny amount of control of pakistan, that has enough problems without fighting the occidental world, via donations. So none are real threats. Heck, China is an ally against terrorists, are our best hope with north korea and are even somewhat of allies against climate change.

But mostly... the UK just pulled out of Europe and you think it's looking to join another superstate? And you want to try that now, when protectionisms and nationalisms are on the rise? When hate and fear are having their best days for a long time? When stoupid people are everywhere?

It will have to go on like that for a while, and then, at some point, liberal ideas will get the wind behind their back again and then we can work on such structures, but for now, people are stoupid and have their minds occupied with BS illuminaty, NWO, complots, sharia law and such crap... and that's when they don't fear god will flood them all because of gays or something. Naah, it's a stoupid period, made of small fearful people, led by r*cist demagogues and anti-science bigots or corrupted ass*****.

Let's focus on denying them their wars... will already be great. And we do that by:
      * Combatting bigotry by never letting their BS go unanswered:
      - No, jihad doesn't mean killing infidels; it's an inner "battle" so that the output is better.
      - No, sharia law is not a threat to secular countries with barely any muslims in them and no, muslims as a group, don't believe in cutting hands or stoning
      - No, the muslim world is not one country... saudi arabia does not represent the muslim world.
      - NO, 9/11 was not ordered by bush or "wherever" (and I'm a liberal/progressives)
      - No, isil is nowhere near a threat to the occidental world... all of them will be dead in 5 years, because we aren't just stronger, richer, more numerous, brighter... we are magnitudes BETTER than those unsignificant rats; yes they have to be "dealt" with, but stop pooping your pants
      - Yes, about all muslim religious figures have condemned 9/11, AL-Qaida, isil, etc.
      - No, if there was a god, it wouldn't give a flying f*** about gays. If your god is bigotted, it's because you are a bigot. Don't try and hide behind scriptures because we will find you
      * by retracting from foreign hot spots:
      - Obama is bright to want to limit the occidental activities in the middle-east and let those countries (especially Iraq) regain their country while raising their military's relyability
      * by diplomacy:
      - Yes, getting rid of Iran's enrichment program without firing a shot was the way to go. Sorry to the people that need their country bombing others to be able to muster an erection and the corrupted people from the military-industrial complex and moral-less politicians... we drink your tears with a baby smile on our faces
      - Yes, if politicians get your vote because they instill the most fear in you, then you are a coward
      * by voting:
      - ALWAYS vote against the demagogues, the bigots and the warmongerers

We will deny you your cultural/religious wars and we will spit on you while doing it. Blablabliblabla... we shall never surrender to your idiocy!

NB: not aimed at any one in particular but at the masses of idiots that think that democracy, free speak and internet are a blanc-seings to propagate ridiculous and dangerous ideas. You have no BS immune system? No worries, we will teach you the hard way.

Schluups, Mad ruler of the Schluupsonians