Guild Warehouse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• alliance savings

i got this idea from north's thread for donating gold so thank you to him/her ;)

my idea is there should be a savings account for resources and gold. each player should donate to it for him/her self for the whole alliance to withdraw from when they need resources.

one may withdraw X amount of resources at a time no higher.

if this is shot down here is an alternative you donate some supplies to your own needy towns people and you give your towns people X amount of time to pay you back so say you have a full warehouse of wood and you decide "ok i have a lot of wood ill give it to the needy people so later i may withdraw my wood when i am in real need of it"

:feedback:
    • #1: Would allow incredibly easy pushing. How many resources would one be allowed to withdraw?

#2: This is just a way to store your wood in a city untill you upgrade your warehouse.

:object:
    • Originally posted by Travis
      so basically a alliance bank?

Would the alliance leader have complete control over it tho?

not just the leader there should be a new job called accountant who gets all the info on who withdrew how much in the X amount of time while the bank was open. the leader also has the same info gathering so no one may push.
    • Pooling Resources for Alliances

I don't really know how Alliances work since I've never been in one, but I saw in the Good / Possible Ideas thread a suggestion to have an alliance pool army personnel and naval vessels:

Alliance army/navy

I like the idea. I think it makes sense, but I think that, if such an idea were implemented, why not just allow alliances to pool all their stuff? Have it so that you could pool together gold, wood, luxury goods, ships, army units, naval units, and so forth.

Now, because I'm not really in an alliance, I can't fathom the logistics of such a plan, but I'm simply the messenger putting the idea out there for people to consider.

Perhaps whomever is set to a given position could have their relevant building upgraded to a "Clan Equivalent" and all alliance stuff is stored there. Like Warehouse, Shipyard, Barracks, and Port would all change in appearance to suggest that it's clan-based, as opposed to owned by the individual. ... of course, if we did it for gold, you'd need to also implement a bank.
    • I like it

But u probably wana give the power to a leader
      And records kept of donations

That way if a member leaves they could have their resources back, or if a member wants resources back u can give them an accurate ammount
    • You could have a whole town devoted to the alliance with all those buildings perhaps. A town that the whole alliance works together to build, maintain, and defend. Or it could just be in the alliance leader's town and that would make the defense of the leader even more important.
    • I was thinking the alliance would have like some bank that is controled by the leader and/ or a treasurer. And resources cant leave that bank unless both the leader and treasurer approve it (or even the other raned members) or someone wants a return on their resources (that is why the alliance would keep an accurate report on the resources donated)
    • this would be too easy to abuse bcause for alliances that are looking for any member an enemy or spyer for a different alliance might go in and hijack and mess up everything
    • that's the point of alliance leader or treasurer to approve it. Also maybe this would stop people from letting just ANYONE into an alliance, an alliance leader needs to watch who they let in.
    • This really sounds like a good idea. I think that pooling both military and resources would really help. Having a new position of treasurer is also a fabulous idea. I personally dont think other people would be a problem if only the treasurer and the alliance leader where allowed to access the stored matireals, and the general is the only one who can use the military. What would be cool if that you could build a treasury building somewhere in order to do that. I think if we had more buildings like that dedicated to alliances then it would really make the alliance. Any way, good idea.
    • Has anyone any idea what these pools will be used for, and more importantly: how?

Will a portion of your soldiers be transferred under the command of the General automatically, while you pay the upkeep?

Or would this common army payed from a portion of your gold put in the alliance pool?

Or you just say the General could take command of your armed forces anytime?

Or will a portion of your resources go into the pool? If yes, what will the treasurer use it for? Who decides it?

What will that portion be? Who decides that?

I personally don't see it that way, but if you think Alliance Resource/Military Pool is such a good idea, why don't you suggest something specific that can be evaluated? What exactly will this feature do?

In its current form, this "idea" might be called an idea, but it can't be called a concept, nor suggestion.
    • That is what we're trying to decide right now.
      That's what you do in the suggestion board, you debate about it for a while and figures pop up eventually.
      This is the FIRST page of the thread, right now everyone is pooling their ideas together to form the suggestion.
      If it doesn't lead anywhere then the thread will be closed or it will just die, but all your post did was make the death of this thread more likely, and I'd hate to see that happen because I like this idea.

I think that it should be a choice of the individual members to donate resources or troops to the pool (something like a NATO or UN). The new treasurer position is in charge of delegating what resources go out and for what, and the general is in charge of troops. The gold in the pool could go toward paying for the troops or the upkeep could be distributed evenly among alliance members similar to the way upkeep is distributed evenly amongst your towns for troops in your personal empire.
    • Yah I agree. I think that it is a good idea to have the members donate to it. I also think that it is up to individual alliances whether or not they require or even support pooled resources and troops. I think that the treasurer would like stem has said be in charge of the kind of gold that comes in and out. Of course, the treasurer would also be in charge of the resources as well, seeing how one person hired solely for the purpose of alliance gold would seem a little bit of a waste of time. As for the resources and gold that is in the pool I'm thinking it could be eventually the alliances life line, or wealth factor. If you think about it, the gold and resources could be used for reconstruction of a town, someone who desperately needs the resources, or building up the alliance embassy, spanning to buying trade ships, military, and even making deals with other alliances. If you think about it, a growing alliance could stay afloat for a long time with reserves like that, and could help rebuild after a war. The upkeep is a different thing though. The upkeep would almost have to be forced upon to keep the military supplied. I think it is a good idea, seeing how it would really test the logic, and smartness of the leader of an alliance. And of course every real alliance made has to have some sort of upkeep, so a sort of small tax just might cover that

As for what the General can do, I think that giving him responsibility for the troops might really help the generals earn their titles. What they do with the troops, could really show what the generals are capable of. As for the questions of insecurity about would the people take over your jobs and positions and use them wrongly? Well, its possible, but if your a good leader you wouldnt just higher the first person that comes knocking at the door. I know I haven't elected anyone who I feel would be a problem. I personally like the idea of a pooled military, because then you can have support, and really protect your areas like you want to.

(Sorry for the length of this post, I was really just thinking through what I wrote)
    • I like it

But u probably wana give the power to a leader
      And records kept of donations

That way if a member leaves they could have their resources back, or if a member wants resources back u can give them an accurate ammount

I was thinking it'd be the leader's job at default until he / she passed it on to another member (Treasurer, Accountant, what have you), just like with General and Diplomat.

And a record would not be difficult to implement. They already have a system for donation records in the islands and wonders.

And to all concerned, the Treasurer would have discretion over whether they accept or dispense resources and to whom. If someone has an issue, they could take it up with the leader.

You could have a whole town devoted to the alliance with all those buildings perhaps. A town that the whole alliance works together to build, maintain, and defend. Or it could just be in the alliance leader's town and that would make the defense of the leader even more important.

It's up to the Alliance whether they wanna make a whole town. I think you'd really only need to expand things like Warehouse, Bank, Wall, Barracks, etc. Though I suppose if one person has all these tasks, you'd need to upgrade other stuff as well. :P

this would be too easy to abuse bcause for alliances that are looking for any member an enemy or spyer for a different alliance might go in and hijack and mess up everything

Well, if an enemy alliance is looking to target a certain player, this might encourage better diplomacy between clans. If what you mean is that it'd be too easy to target said town, then that would be at the Alliance's own discretion and they'd have to figure out ways around this sort of problem.

What would be cool if that you could build a treasury building somewhere in order to do that. I think if we had more buildings like that dedicated to alliances then it would really make the alliance. Any way, good idea.

That's another possible suggestion. Or, if you're in an alliance and have a particular position, you get the option of converting one of your existing buildings to the relative alliance equivalent. For instance, if you're treasurer, you could upgrade a Warehouse to an Alliance Warehouse with more capacity and safe storage, since now you're pooling from all members, not just yourself. Once you lose the position, it'd simply return to the status it was before you upgraded it.

Has anyone any idea what these pools will be used for, and more importantly: how?

Will a portion of your soldiers be transferred under the command of the General automatically, while you pay the upkeep?

Or would this common army payed from a portion of your gold put in the alliance pool?

Or you just say the General could take command of your armed forces anytime?

Or will a portion of your resources go into the pool? If yes, what will the treasurer use it for? Who decides it?

What will that portion be? Who decides that?

Part of the reason is for protection of valuables (resources, troops, etc.). Part of it is for more coordination and organization within the alliance. For instance, if you're fighting a war with another alliance, you can have your main forces duke it out and then send smaller waves to attack the individual members for a one-two punch.

Resources can be dispatched by the Treasurer for the purposes of relief, like if a player is getting ganged up on by another alliance and needs to rebuild up their forces.

If the Treasurer keeps both resources and gold, he can dispatch both to the General for purposes of paying upkeep in addition to anything other members might send. The reason this is better is because with the Treasurer, you donate when you can and so you have a certain amount of resources on hand. For instance, if you've just used your gold to buy a ship and now are out, but the General demands you pay him for the purposes of upkeep, you'll be out of luck. However, because you donated something to the Treasury, he can go there first to get the funds he needs without you having to worry about not being able to pitch in during this dire situation.

In both instances, donations will be voluntary; encouraged and enforced at the discretion and direction of the Leader, General, and Treasurer, respectively. But as a general rule, you donate troops, gold, resources, and ships when you are able. The actual mechanics of this would be similar to the "Deploy Troops," "Deploy Fleets," and "Transport Goods" buttons now. Heck, you could probably just use those existent buttons to do the job and just supply the infrastructure for it.
    • Alliance Resource Pool

Well I have thought of a few ideas.

One: A player has to donate X or at least X to get X or least X
      Two: The four ranks have to approve or just the leader and a new position
      Three: Another spot to store donations in the warehouse so they can still be pillaged like when we sell something we can only store the difference meaning you can't stash resources in the sell pit and fill the warehouse up to.

We might even be able to tie in the missing building to this Alliance Pool but who knows..
    • doesnt work pushing and when you get attacked just dump resources in so pillagers cant resources that would be unfair for me and other people cause is shall pillage all
    • RE: alliance savings

Originally posted by solomon-union
      i got this idea from north's thread for donating gold so thank you to him/her ;)

my idea is there should be a savings account for resources and gold. each player should donate to it for him/her self for the whole alliance to withdraw from when they need resources.

one may withdraw X amount of resources at a time no higher.

if this is shot down here is an alternative you donate some supplies to your own needy towns people and you give your towns people X amount of time to pay you back so say you have a full warehouse of wood and you decide "ok i have a lot of wood ill give it to the needy people so later i may withdraw my wood when i am in real need of it"

:feedback:

This is the best idea I have seen for a while. A bit like a clan bank. Maybe leaders and generals could take considerably more than others?

Maybe the alliance has to be top 100 to stop pushing and cheating.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Circle Of Hate ().

• good idea for limiting the alliances to who are allowed this. this will motivate more players to try harder and support their alliance better.

BUT when a group finally is in the top 100 they are allowed the bank permanently meaning if they get 101 and one or worse they still have the bank forever.
      BUT if you become level 101 alliance or worse it has half the size it could hold than when you last had it when you were top 100 or better. (it goes back to normal when your level 100 or better again)