Guild Warehouse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Actually by limiting the alliance you are making it even worse. You are giving an unfair advantage to stronger players which is in the dead ends thread. Also it wouldn't stop pushing, stronger players can still use this to get resources or money from weaker alliance members.
    • With the exception of letting people withdraw from it whenever they want, this is exactly like my proposal to allow pooling of resources and gold in an alliance. In my version, though, the Leader and/or Alliance Treasurer would be in charge of dispersal.

Also, what's the difference between pushing and one member of an alliance helping another of higher rank?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Marushia ().

• Well, quite frankly, that's a slippery slope. I mean, it's not like higher ups don't have problems of their own and a lower rank could be in position to help them. What's the point of being in an alliance with that person if they can't provide you with necessary resources when you really need them? The way I see it, an alliance is supposed to be a give and take relationship. If the higher is always giving to the lower, that sort of defeats that, doesn't it? Granted, there's always potential for abuse, but then everything anyone ever does has potential for abuse and if we design around that premise, then nothing will ever get done.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Marushia ().

• I like the idea but heres how i think it should work

1. Members donate resources (Gold, Marble, etc) And all of it is managed by a Treasurer. There could be a set limit on hoe many resources you donate.
      2. It is Controled by the Leader, General, and Treasurer but they cant send to themselves
      3. 2 of either the Leader or General or Treasurer must approve sending resources before there sent
      4. Once you donate you DO NOT get the resources back. Or if you do, you cannot withdraw or deposite when an army is heading ur way. And if there is a withdrawal system then the Treasurer will take care of it.

How itll work:

When you go to your alliance you see "Send mail to all" and "Quit"
      Below both of those is "Donate Resources" And it would basically be like sending reources to your other colonies.
      And it would say its either being sent to Leader or Treasurer.

Then it get loaded like ir normally would

So hows mine sound???
    • 1. Members donate resources (Gold, Marble, etc) And all of it is managed by a Treasurer. There could be a set limit on hoe many resources you donate.
      2. It is Controled by the Leader, General, and Treasurer but they cant send to themselves
      3. 2 of either the Leader or General or Treasurer must approve sending resources before there sent
      4. Once you donate you DO NOT get the resources back. Or if you do, you cannot withdraw or deposite when an army is heading ur way. And if there is a withdrawal system then the Treasurer will take care of it.

1. Why would there be a limit? There's no limit to how much you can donate to mines and wonders. You could make it that your donation can't exceed the maximum amount of space left in the Treasurer's Warehouse or have anything that goes over that be lost or something like that, which would make more sense, but limits for the sake of limits is not a good idea.

2. Why the General? And if they can't send it to themselves, how are they supposed to use the system? I understand you want to prevent embezzlement, but that's not really a practical way to do it.

3. That would be a logistical nightmare, especially in emergency situations, since there's no guarantee that both will be on at the same time (and what if the Leader hasn't appointed a Treasurer yet?). The Leader and Treasurer should have the right to discretion of how to deal with funds. I can see one having veto power over the other, but I don't think it should be required that both approve it before the transaction is made. If there's discrepancy, the alliance's staff can discuss it.

4. I agree that there should not be a withdrawal system. Any disbursement should have to pass through either the Leader or the Treasurer first, since they're likely to be the ones holding the goods to begin with.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Marushia ().

• Originally posted by brian9824
      There is none. Pushing is pushing whether you are in an alliance or not. Being in the same alliance doesnt make you exempt from pushing rule.

You are right this is a dead end idea for making the stronger better than the weaker.

@ chris

1. Dont agree with at all cause I don't see y 1 should have a limit to how much that can help.

2. Not much to say but good idea.

3. I'd add the leader and make it 3 of 4 votes "I".

4. Again not much to add but good.
    • first bad thing, a person could jion the alliance, take the money, quit the allaine and join a stronger one.

second bad thing, if a member needs resources he can just ask for them
    • Originally posted by D-O-T-S leader
      first bad thing, a person could jion the alliance, take the money, quit the allaine and join a stronger one.

well i see your point for take the resources and leave part BUT for your second point alliances ARE supposed to help each other and when someone in my alliance new to it or an elder to it i help supply them with the needed resources.

P.S. I don't think that people are just gonna go to an alliance tak some junk and leave all that often... 'sides I'm pretty sure if the alliance realizes what that person did the alliance would probably pillage the robber like crazy!
    • first bad thing, a person could jion the alliance, take the money, quit the allaine and join a stronger one.

1. If you're worried about someone taking your stuff, don't appoint them to positions of importance.

2. The money stays within the alliance. If a person wants to leave, the leader can and should assign their post to a new person. We could have a failsafe such that if the treasurer just ups and quits, all resources that aren't theirs are automatically transferred back to the leader.

And it's easier to ask the Treasurer than to message five separate people for the same amount who may or may not be on. The point of a Treasurer would be that they can hold onto larger quantities than any of the individual members and disperse them quickly.
    • Guild Warehouse

I was wondering the idea of a guild warehouse. It would contain a certain spot on an island *each island limited to the amount of guild warehouses can be placed. and only 1 warehouse per guild. Guild warehouse can offer a few different options such as follows:

~~Purpose~~

-Allow guild members to add into it for the assistance of building up their fellow members.
      -Guild Leader sets the rank on amount of goods able to be pulled out Per day *based on rank*
      -Guild Warehouse grows as you upgrade it.
      -Guild warehouse is unable to be pillaged by other players
      *or with a few other ideas I have we can make it pillagable and really have some fun with it. If pillaging it is something u wanna know more about just ask.
      -Guild warehouse will increase the guilds points also as so its not only based on players. but also what the guild holds.
    • [turkeh] As you can see this feature has been suggested a few times before and we have to deny this suggestion for the following reason:[/turkeh]

Anything that increases the gap between the stronger and the weaker
      This includes things like a super research or workshop upgrade that increases all stats for an army. Things like this would upset the already delicate balance of the worlds.

[turkeh]A feature like this would easily put huge alliances at a far larger advantage over smaller alliances and would make it impossible for those who wanted to play in smaller alliances able to keep up with their larger counterparts. It also would give a way to bypass the pushing rules. Thank you for your suggestion, however![/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance: