Cinetheatre

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Just saw that it was back, but didn't see a thread about it.
      Now I am noticing that it gives us a notification when we activate a bonus.
      Is this one of those week long things, OR is this a permanent thing now? :?:
    • A new notification in Town News....

"You have activated a bonus in the Cinetheatre:
      Marble production + 20 % for 12 hrs"

I didn't see that when the Cinetheatre was around before.

On a side note, I didn't see a "Your bonus is now active" notification after teh movie finished. I had to refresh to view the activated bonus.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrSteak ().

• It doesn't work for me most of the time. The ones like DropZone and HEX or OGame .. they all work fine (most of the time)
      And League of Angles runs through fine but never gives the bonus. I wait an extra 60 seconds to see if it finally gives the bonus but nothing. Invocana with James Earl Jones works fine but is long.
      The others what ever they are do not run at all ... I get a box that turns into a black screen and nothing else. It is a waist of time because I don't see anything and never get the bonus. I have sat there (how stupid is this) for over an hour trying to get an add to work so I can get the bonus. And when I don't get it I wait another hour of two and try again only to do the same thing. Finally Dropzone comes up and gives me the bonus.
      I don't have an add blocker or script blocker. I use Firefox for the browser. What can I do? Is there a way of choosing the adds to watch? ?( :(
      Tranquility OR Danger
      You choose

• Dangerous 45 wrote:

It doesn't work for me most of the time.
      It doesn't work for me most of the time.

Cinetheatre depends very much on what's installed and setup on your computer. If it works at least one time it means your have flash player installed and it is the correct version.
      But ... it is the correct version for GF files, not necessarily for others.

Dangerous 45 wrote:

How would I check for that in firefox?
      In Firefox 48.0.2 go to Options, plugins, and look in the list. You will probably see many types of players there and you will see if they are updated or not.

As you may have encountered, if you simply use a browser (outside the game) you still cannot see all the movies in youtube. Sometimes it depends on the type of file that is published, or the country you are in, or if the publisher suddenly decides to block or delete the file and so on. Another situation is when you are a registered user in youtube for browsing and viewing movies.

In cinetheatre, if you can see a line of text with the title on the first row when you try to see the movie, click it and it'll redirect you to the browser to see the movie. You won't get a bonus for seeing the movie in browser directly (outside the game), but at least you can find out if it is possible for you to see it at all.

If you find movies that you can see in the browser directly, but not in cinetheatre, please give their links here for all of us to try them.
    • Dangerous 45 wrote:

Invocana with James Earl Jones works fine but is long

You do not have to watch the full JEJ movie in order to receive the Cinetheater credit. A couple of minutes into the video's playback, you will notice that your Town Advisor screen lights up when you receive the notice of the Cinetheater bonus. At that point you are free to exit the JEJ movie without having to watch the entire 10 minute spiel.
      "It is your fate, forgetfulness. All the old lessons of life, you lose and gain and lose and gain again." --Leto II

• The videos youc an't see are genral advertisements for non-gameforge products. It's a smart move by the company giving them some revenue by paying us to watch the ads in a simple 20% bonus to production of a resource on a single colony (it's only for a single colony not flat across the board mind) or 150 favour which for me translates to 10,000 wood (much more then the 20% bonus to wood production on one colony), so if I watch just one in a day it'll be the 150 favour one.

If a video doesn't load, close it and reopen it, and a new one will appear. This'll eventually get you one you can watch for the bonus.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Dangerous 45 wrote:

It doesn't work for me most of the time. The ones like DropZone and HEX or OGame .. they all work fine (most of the time)
      And League of Angles runs through fine but never gives the bonus. I wait an extra 60 seconds to see if it finally gives the bonus but nothing. Invocana with James Earl Jones works fine but is long.
      The others what ever they are do not run at all ... I get a box that turns into a black screen and nothing else. It is a waist of time because I don't see anything and never get the bonus. I have sat there (how stupid is this) for over an hour trying to get an add to work so I can get the bonus. And when I don't get it I wait another hour of two and try again only to do the same thing. Finally Dropzone comes up and gives me the bonus.
      I don't have an add blocker or script blocker. I use Firefox for the browser. What can I do? Is there a way of choosing the adds to watch

I have the same problems with apparently the same ads -- So long as they are Gameforge game ads, Invocana ad, James Earl Jones ad or theLeague of Angels ad then they play fine otherwise I get a BLACK screen and have to close the window and come back and try, try again many times until one of the ads that works shows up - This can be tedious and tiresome to the point that I do not care anymore if I get the 20% increase for 12 hours
      Leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
      Leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English Ikariam wiki

The post was edited 1 time, last by Morphias ().

• By trying several times, the advert changes to another random one. Since they are not too many, same advert may be available more often than the others.

Usually black rectangles means that the site where the advert is hosted seems to have a problem with the site certificates.

In a normal browser you get the error:
      Your connection is not secure
      The owner of <name of the host> has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.
      <name of the host> uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: <list of sites> Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

That's why you cannot see it and only a black rectangle is shown.
      By accepting a non secure connection you are accepting some risks so this option is not offered within the game. Not intentionally, I am sure, but by enforcing some display restrictions and formatting, the normal text cannot be displayed.

Maybe you give us some links that do not work for you to test from other countries too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Antikythera ().

• Some times I'll watch an add and it works the first time.. Then I switch the the wood or even anther server (same browser) and the add works fine but I don't get the bonus. I'll only get the bonus for same ad once each day. Very annoying
      Tranquility OR Danger
      You choose

• Morphias wrote:

I have the same problems with apparently the same ads -- So long as they are Gameforge game ads, Invocana ad, James Earl Jones ad or theLeague of Angels ad then they play fine otherwise I get a BLACK screen and have to close the window and come back and try, try again many times until one of the ads that works shows up - This can be tedious and tiresome to the point that I do not care anymore if I get the 20% increase for 12 hours

Dangerous 45 wrote:

Some times I'll watch an add and it works the first time.. Then I switch the the wood or even anther server (same browser) and the add works fine but I don't get the bonus. I'll only get the bonus for same ad once each day. Very annoying

Both of you: Please make sure you don't accidentially block the ad with an adblock ;)
      If you don't then report it in bug section with complete data sets:
      Where did you try it? (Server and Account)
      Which bonus did you try?
      And if possible when did you try (servertime)?

With that it can be traced and hopefully those "black ads" or those "watched it but doesn't give bonus" can get reported and removed.

Thank you in advance.
    • I don't bother with this feature at all anymore.

Every time a new ad is added, it either fails to load or give the bonus. When that new ad is removed, the cinetheatre works fine for 1 day (2 at the most) until the next new ad comes along and it starts all over again. I am not going to, nor do I have the time to, sit here clicking (plus the wait between each attempt) for well over an hour just for the small bonuses available.

Just as I don't have the time to sit and click over and over, nor do I have the time to report every new ad not working every couple of days. The developers should already know that every new ad fails and it doesn't matter what bonus, account or server it is tried on or even at what time it is tried.

As for what ad you get being random. When after 1 turn each for each working ad, the new failing ad comes along. Then the new failing ad comes up a 'minimum' of 20 times (with the wait between each attempt) to each time one of GF's ads show up. The working non GF ads are not seen again until the next day (24hr period). That is not random but rather how it is programmed or coded. Random would be a relative equal occurrence of each one showing up.
    • @ozydevil It is an option given to player to boost resources for 12 hours per click and get some redeemed reward. It is up to player to use this tool or not. When you are having problem to use it because of some error, it is your decision too whether you want to report the problem or not, no one bother you to do the report... just enjoy playing the game, cheers ^^