Is Alpha Dead!?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Is Alpha Dead!?

Hello,

Please consider this a note from a concerned citizen of Alpha. WTF man. Is everyone holding hands and happy? No active wars? Is everyone playing nice in the pirate game in Alpha? Have new territories been carved out? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Seriously? It's only been 25 days since the last war ended. Not even a month. You have to at least give it a month before complaining that the server's dead.

Or, if it's really that big of a problem for you, you are invited to declare war on some alliance somewhere, and thereby prove to yourself once and for all that Alpha's not dead.

In either case, Alpha's not dead. That concludes this public service announcement. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming, already in progress.
    • I'll give you the same advice I give people ingame. If you're bored, go attack someone and dig up some action. ;)

No, Alpha isn't dead. It's just not out on display for everyone else's entertainment. But considering Alpha's track record of going from silence to high drama, I'm sure someone somewhere will offend someone else enough for it to land on the Boards eventually. Until then, happy pillaging. :ship:

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Lol troy… its been a long while. But I’m glad to see that you’re back in the game :love: .
      The last big thing was the BP vs KAPZ war. It makes for an interesting read.

Things have been quiet lately, but since I’ve been slothy myself on this server. I can’t really say what may come next.

Thanks to Svana for the sig
    • About the last BP - KAPZ war: there is a ceasefire right now - which will last till Sunday 25th --- it might turn into peace - and that depends on an announcement from BP.

So - keep watching this space
      The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true God.
      Reverend Hendrik is available for (gay) weddings, baptisms and funerals. Call now to book: 666 - 666 - 666.

• hendrik wrote:

About the last BP - KAPZ war: there is a ceasefire right now - which will last till Sunday 25th --- it might turn into peace - and that depends on an announcement from BP.

So - keep watching this space
      :thumbsup: At least something going on...... I am glad things are coming to a conclusion looks like the attacks caused some issues thats for sure.
    • Not sure if it is dead, but I am almost dead since I am on vacation mode most of the time. Forge of Empires is taking up most of my time since the players there are much more mature than they are on this game. :)

I normally play this game when I am depressed and have a bad day so I can take my troubles out on the peeps here since I really don't care one way or other.
      "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience"-Julius Ceaser

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheMantis ().

• i agree completely with you guys

TheMantis wrote:

Not sure if it is dead, but I am almost dead since I am on vacation mode most of the time. Forge of Empires is taking up most of my time since the players there are much more mature than they are on this game. :)

I normally play this game when I am depressed and have a bad day so I can take my troubles out on the peeps here since I really don't care one way or other.
      *sings and dances* Im too sexy for my Fur, Too sexy for my Fur, So sexy it Hurts

Reminder: Always pillage BEFORE you burn

RAVAGE, PILLAGE, PLUNDER, MAIM
      AND PUT BIG HICKEYS ON ALL THE FAIR DAMSELS!

:cursing:
    • Hey Hashi. Long time no speak. :)

Alpha's not dead. It's just not as noisy as it could be.

sig by Checkmate

• This thread just seems funny now. Nope. Definitely not dead. lol

sig by Checkmate

• I see a lot of players going inactive BUT

BUT maybe that is usual as people get bored of the game.

Two questions:

1. Will the sea battle at 71:40 EVER end? On and on it goes. Somebody is going to have the nervous breakdown. I have nothing to do with it and it makes ME nervous.

2. What can be done about bigger players attacking very small players? The new accounts are the future of the game but I see very big/established players hitting these new accounts for resources. The little guys then quit the game. You have to leave protected mode at some time but perhaps the levels of protection should be increased or changed in some way? Or some version of the no-bashing rule could be applied to protect little guys until they are medium sized guys?
      "Aller Anfang ist schwer." ("All beginning is hard.")
    • Mirta Kierstan wrote:

BUT maybe that is usual as people get bored of the game.

Two questions:

1. Will the sea battle at 71:40 EVER end? On and on it goes. Somebody is going to have the nervous breakdown. I have nothing to do with it and it makes ME nervous.

2. What can be done about bigger players attacking very small players? The new accounts are the future of the game but I see very big/established players hitting these new accounts for resources. The little guys then quit the game. You have to leave protected mode at some time but perhaps the levels of protection should be increased or changed in some way? Or some version of the no-bashing rule could be applied to protect little guys until they are medium sized guys?

To answer your 1st question. This battle can go on as long as both sides continue to reinforce or if the defending side hits the colossus button

To answer your 2nd question is much more involved. It could be a number of different scenarios. But for my knowledge, as long as this game has been played, this has always been a part of it.

You are always welcome to pm me in game if you have more questions. My ign is Dorak and Dorak 2.
    • Oh yes - i forgot about the "amnesty" .. GameForge: supporting their cheating buddies since 2008.

Let me make a quick start -- other people may add their thoughts on cheaters and other unacceptable behaviour..

1 - WLS has too many multi accounters and ghost accounts who break the ip-sharing rule ... but because Pshychotiger is the Game Operator who is also a WLS member: nothing will be done about it. Elmo - according to WLS sources apparently has a few dozen accounts.

2 - speaking of the Game Operator Psychotiger ... a few of us believe he has been tampering with the game --- to favour WLS. Conflict of interest here, what might actually be fraud - because paying customers have been given a disadvantage.

"moderator" drkangel ... i am certain it won't take you 3 days to take me down -- like it took you did when i complained 3 times about being called a pedophile . and you lied about your online presence. I am sure you will take action forthwith.

Ah well: 2 days banned is not that bad.

[turkeh]Warned for Trolling/Flaming ~ :83[/turkeh]
      The Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true God.
      Reverend Hendrik is available for (gay) weddings, baptisms and funerals. Call now to book: 666 - 666 - 666.

• Henny

I have to disagree with you, Its NOT the GO's or OP... It is GAMEFORGE that has ruined the game the merge BlahBlah. Making it legal to hold 11 accounts per server. (Hope the 1/4 will change piracy) Even before the merge took them months to find the Multis. No if not direct contact they cant caught you people.

Now for your surrender and not be involved in any form

Booze, Buds, Boobs

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      This post has already been reported twice.