Increase cost of everthing ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Increase cost of everthing ?

So the cost of game has change. What I need to tell is about the balance in game. Lately, The cost of steam wire is 3 ambros every week. Cost of steam hammer is 10 ambros every week. That's the mostly reason i chose wire island. But now, cost of steam wire and hammer are equal. That means i have to use ambrosia like more 3 times than other chosing marble islands ??

I WILL QUIT THE GAME :closed: AFTER I SPELL ALL AMBRO I HAVE. SERIOUSLY. GF CAN INCREASE EVERYTHING BUT MUST MADE IT BALANCE.
    • Another Question

Apparently I missed something, what's the new grayed out button on the town tab that reads "Attract Vermin" supposed to do? I haven't been able to easily find anything on the boards here describing or explaining it's use and purpose. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    • Oh well, this ends my long association with Ikariam.

There is no need to raise the price of premium options, especially by 300% or more, and even more especially when I already have to pay over 30% more to purchase ambrosia in the first place.

I can assure you, I will be far from the only one to quit over this greed as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by l3ravel3ear ().

• razzer wrote:

Apparently I missed something, what's the new grayed out button on the town tab that reads "Attract Vermin" supposed to do? I haven't been able to easily find anything on the boards here describing or explaining it's use and purpose. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

It attracts creepy crawlers to the town. Nothing more, nothing less :)

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket
    • I have never really complained before about what the developers are doing but they are making this game less and less enjoyable. I have been playing this game for over 8 years on beta. But today I clicked "attract vermin" without really knowing what it does and it automatically took away my ambrosia. You guys are now including features that make it more likely for players to press a button and use up their ambrosia so they buy some more. I hate this, I want that ambrosia back; my game is now riddled with buttons that eat up money. Soon this game will become a pay-to-play/pay-to-win game and it will degrade this game and the credibility and support for your company.
      "Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."
      ~That is why history is important, and this is why truth is important!

God bless!
      :populace:Nightmare002
    • They raised prices because their currency has taken a giant S*** in the past 6 months(from which you can thank the UK for that). Consequently, the value of the dollar has risen to where you'd think prices for items and what not would be much lower, not higher(at least for US domain). I haven't looked at the new prices for buying Ambrosia but I'm sure those have changed as well(in their favor). I had a feeling Ikariam would go the way of Ogame and it was only a matter of time. Everyone complains about the higher prices but doesn't notice the unit/ship packs or the Tax Adviser that basically gives Premium players a military edge(granted Alhazred is right that knowing how to utilize them is another matter).

Here's an analysis of old vs new:

Premium Account:
      Old: 10 for 7 days
      New: 25 for 10, 55 for 30, 85 for 60

Basically 10 and 7 both go into 70, 30 and 7 both go into 210 and 7 and 60 both go into 420. 100(old) vs 250(new), 300(old) vs 385(new), and 600(old) vs 595(new) respectively. Basically, unless you buy 60 day packs, you won't come close to what you're used to now. Production bonuses are equitable across the board(some luxuries are colonized more than others hence I don't get the reasoning behind that. People colonized Wine or the cheaper islands and then converted. Either way they got their Ambrosia... so again :pillepalle: ) and padlock and storage features in Warehouse are higher as well. Critter feature seems pointless(unless it causes people to lose their resources that aren't under safe protection... which would open up a HUGE can of worms) and the game-changing, if not game-breaking features, will be the unit/ship packs and the Gold Adviser.

The post was edited 2 times, last by DarkHelmet ().

• NightMare002 wrote:

I have never really complained before about what the developers are doing but they are making this game less and less enjoyable. I have been playing this game for over 8 years on beta. But today I clicked "attract vermin" without really knowing what it does and it automatically took away my ambrosia. You guys are now including features that make it more likely for players to press a button and use up their ambrosia so they buy some more. I hate this, I want that ambrosia back; my game is now riddled with buttons that eat up money. Soon this game will become a pay-to-play/pay-to-win game and it will degrade this game and the credibility and support for your company.

You can activate security-questions for purchases outside of Ikariam shop under Options. Then you will not spend any unintended

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket
    • The vermin don't seem to do anything other than hop around. I play with the animations off and I'm using the Christmas filter, so I didn't even notice the little bugs until I saw them activated in my Inventory and started investigating what it meant. I take it as confirmation that I've got an enemy with more Ambrosia than sense.
    • It's the only action button in-game from the island view that uses ambro. Should be moved out of that area. I did the same thing. Should also have an explanation of what it does in the games help section or in the description in the shop needs to actually clarify that is nothing more than an animation.
      Never
      Tell
      Me
      The
      Odds
    • I activated the vermin button not realizing it cost ambrosia. I still don't see the price for it if it does cost ambrosia. The only thing I actually spend ambrosia on is the occasional use of the trader. Now that I'm down to 14 ambrosia I won't be doing that for a while. :unsure:

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • NightMare002 wrote:

today I clicked "attract vermin" without really knowing what it does and it automatically took away my ambrosia

As Mea1 indicated, there is a button you can click which will help protect you from those types of mistakes:
      1. Options link at the top of your game screen
      2. Go down to "Security query for one-click Ambrosia features outside of the Ikariam shop."
      3. Click the radio button next to "activated"
      4. Save settings
      "It is your fate, forgetfulness. All the old lessons of life, you lose and gain and lose and gain again." --Leto II