Legality of specific type exchanges via the market questions:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Legality of specific type exchanges via the market questions:

- can I sell resources to a lower score player then buy them back in order to feed it money?
      - can I sell resources to a higher score player then buy them back in order to feed it money?

- can I do those multiple times?
      - any differences if troops are sold/bought instead?

- can I sell cheap and buy back at higher prices from multiple ip-shared accounts? This being done with the idea of feeding money from different ip-shared accounts towards another non-ip-shared account (another player).

- can I sell cheap and buy back at higher prices from different ip-shared accounts? This being done with the idea of feeding resources from one of my account to another of my accounts via a third party (another player) while upping the price.

I welcome additional data, but what I actually need are Yes / No answers.

Schluups, Mad ruler of the Schluupsonians

The post was edited 1 time, last by schluups ().

• The answers to many of these are found in the Game Rule Clarification Guide.

schluups wrote:

- can I sell resources to a lower score player then buy them back in order to feed it money?
      - can I sell resources to a higher score player then buy them back in order to feed it money?

Game Rule Clarification Guide - V. Pushing wrote:

Q: Is there a limit on the ratio for trades on wood/lux goods? What ARE the official trade ratios?

A: Currently there are no official trade rates, but the rules still apply. We are all expected to use common sense and reasonable trades. This is largely protected by the trade caps already in place - so when in doubt use these as a guide to figure out the current going value of a resource.

schluups wrote:

- can I do those multiple times?
      - any differences if troops are sold/bought instead?

Neither of these present an issue due to the in-game trade caps which prevent resources/military units from being sold for too much/little Gold.

schluups wrote:

- can I sell cheap and buy back at higher prices from multiple ip-shared accounts? This being done with the idea of feeding money from different ip-shared accounts towards another non-ip-shared account (another player).
      - can I sell cheap and buy back at higher prices from different ip-shared accounts? This being done with the idea of feeding resources from one of my account to another of my accounts via a third party (another player) while upping the price.

I. Multi-Accounting wrote:

Q: Can I use a friend to help distribute goods, troops, or piracy points from one account to the other?

A: No, this is what is meant by circumventing the rules to avoid the IP-sharing function. This cannot be done either actively (sending resources) nor passively (allowing an account to pillage). This can get all involved accounts banned (including the pass-through account) so please do not do this.
      "It is your fate, forgetfulness. All the old lessons of life, you lose and gain and lose and gain again." --Leto II

• Thx for your answer Kralizec :).

I think you got my two first questions wrong. By sell/buy, I mean through the market building, not via exchanges of resources (give good).

So I still need my yes/no on those two questions please ^^.

• Thank you Mea1 :).

Just to be sure:
      - can lower score accounts financially prop up a bigger account from another player via the market?
      - can the market be used to transfer money from one of my smaller account to my main account via a third party (well second party, as just 2 real players involved)?

• Lav. is correct.

schluups wrote:

Just to be sure:
      - can lower score accounts financially prop up a bigger account from another player via the market?
      - can the market be used to transfer money from one of my smaller account to my main account via a third party (well second party, as just 2 real players involved)?
      Twas answered
      previously (regarding your second question) - No it is not legal:

Kralizec! wrote:

Quoted from "I. Multi-Accounting"
      Q: Can I use a friend to help distribute goods, troops, or piracy points from one account to the other?

A: No, this is what is meant by circumventing the rules to avoid the IP-sharing function. This cannot be done either actively (sending resources) nor passively (allowing an account to pillage). This can get all involved accounts banned (including the pass-through account) so please do not do this.
      Regarding your first question - Yes it is legal:

Kralizec! wrote:

Quoted from "Game Rule Clarification Guide - V. Pushing"
      Q: Is there a limit on the ratio for trades on wood/lux goods? What ARE the official trade ratios?

A: Currently there are no official trade rates, but the rules still apply. We are all expected to use common sense and reasonable trades. This is largely protected by the trade caps already in place - so when in doubt use these as a guide to figure out the current going value of a resource.

Mea1 wrote:

The tradepost have fixed rates, so if you want to sell at cheapest and buy at highest you are allowed to do so. Or the opposite way around. Or if you want to send resources to a smaller player and then buy them back for gold.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Lavidar wrote:

Yes.

No.
      Thanks for your answers Lavidar :).
      PS: how did you manage to have to edit a two words answer :D?
      -----
      Thanks for your answer Turkeh :).
      Your answer is valuable to me as a confirmation by an admin that Lavidar answers are ok with gf. But the devil is in the details: the Game Clarification Guide didn't speak about money feeding and I wanted to be sure Mea1's answer did apply when feeding a higher score.
      Anyway, thx all, I believe my questions have now been answered.
      For other people, I would add some of this to the GCG because it's not clear enough as not only I but also other people were wondering (in pms) what was the answer to those questions, and I'm speaking of long term very knowledgeable players.

• schluups wrote:

Game Clarification Guide didn't speak about money feeding and I wanted to be sure Mea1's answer did apply when feeding a higher score.
      Anyway, thx all, I believe my questions have now been answered.
      For other people, I would add some of this to the GCG because it's not clear enough as not only I but also other people were wondering (in pms) what was the answer to those questions, and I'm speaking of long term very knowledgeable players.
      To be completely honest other communities don't *have* a clarification guide. We did so here because although with common sense one can derive that bypassing the IP share block is not allowed via just the rules, we thought further clarification would be useful. However, the GCG will not nor will ever be a legal document outlining every scenario whether it's legal or not. It's there mainly as an aide to the user about application of the rules in our community, as opposed to a replacement for the rules. As always, if you have a further question about application :) please feel free to ask.

:turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • We are thankful for the GCG it was just lacking a good straightforward answer about feeding money.

I would have one additional question, not that important to me, but maybe to others:
      If I feed money to someone's account A1 from my account B1:
      * a) can I later on have B1 feed my A1?
      * b) can I later on have B1 feed my A2?

* c) can I later on have B2 feed my A1?

* d) can I later on have B2 feed my A2?

Is there a delay where some of those operations become legal (I'm suspecting a) is immediately legal)?

• Ooops sorry for that... got some nasty influenza running, that makes me more stupid than I usually are.

For A1,A2 being ip-shared accounts I own.
      For B1,B2 being ip-shared accounts someone else owns:

If I feed money to someone's account B1 from my account A1:
      * a) can I later on have B1 feed my A1?
      * b) can I later on have B1 feed my A2?

* c) can I later on have B2 feed my A1?

* d) can I later on have B2 feed my A2?

Is there a delay where some of those operations become legal (I'm suspecting a) is immediately legal)?

I also have another question:
      Can I create fleets on an alt and sell them to someone and then buy them on my main from that someone? Basically, using my alt to help peak my armies when needed? We already got the answer that I can't use alts to enrich my main, so the prices would have to be fair.

• I'll put it this way. We've mainly set up interpretation this way because we don't want to make it impossible to play with multiple accounts. Buying from someone who bought from your other account won't be an issue. If, however, it becomes obvious that someone is ONLY using their alt accounts to funnel gold to their main then it will be an issue. Just don't do it. Also how long you need to wait is not really something that I can discuss as it would be giving far too much information about what we do or do not see. I know that's an imperfect answer, but I'm trying to answer you to the best of my ability to do so within what I'm permitted to say.

schluups wrote:

Can I create fleets on an alt and sell them to someone and then buy them on my main from that someone? Basically, using my alt to help peak my armies when needed? We already got the answer that I can't use alts to enrich my main, so the prices would have to be fair.
      No you may not third party push troops to your other account.