800k player vs 49k.. :) Is that all you got?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I actually remember gold pillaging and think it was a fine addition to Ikariam. I am hoping a war server comes out again so I can go play and enjoy that feature again! It was probably one of the driving forces behind fighting in the game, and the gold that you pillaged helped support that part of the game.

To you gamer, I'd say that for starters, Legion ATTACKS ANYONE WE WANT. We don't have any sole allies, and each player has the freedom to pillage anyone. Doesn't mean we consider everyone our enemy, but Bald Eagle has said it before, we fight for Offensive points, resources, and ENTERTAINMENT. Not everyone wants to sit around spending $1000's of dollars converting crew strength and having towns teleport to edges of the world like SMASH and Curse of Dragon. In-fact, you say that you support this game financially, well I would too, if the game had more incentive to it then just building and ''mini-gaming'' for resources. If Gold pillaging was back, I'd fork over a lot of money to get some edge in logistics in-game like transferring colonies to visit those little hide-away cores you guys have built. Sadly, it isn't any point to that, because you guys barely fight and seem to enjoy playing turtle and waiting for us to more then less visit your town instead, and I'd be moving my army far away for resources I could easily pillage in my area.

This game, at the end of it is boring as a building simulator; The thing SMASH see's it as. It works better when all aspects are at their PEAK, such as trade, politics, war, gold-farming, and yes, even your piracy game. We don't have that here in Asklepios, it seems to just be that no one wants to get involved to play the game for fighting, networking,etc.

Look at Kingdom of God, they have tons of multi-accounts and farms, and they build. They play everything so peaceful that it is stagnant and boring. All of this for absolutely nothing but a high scored account.

I ask you Gamer, what is the point to having a multi-million point account if you can't use it for anything but constant upgrades? When End-game does come, the best thing to do is fight and have conflict, make friends and enemies, challenge your competitors. It is fun to have competition, but if everyone is driven from the game because resources are just handed to the highest payer, then what is the point? Conflict is the driving point of life. If you had nothing to strive for, nothing to challenge you, your life is meaningless and has no purpose but to continue living. In the case of Ikariam in SMASH's view, you have no purpose but to build barracks and walls.

As long as I am involved with Asklepios you can understand one thing, and this goes for the entire server, I will continue to push the players and alliances of this server to be more then builders and farmers. It isn't about the resources nor the total score points, it is about making challenges and competition on this server, to make it thrive.
      Even if this server dies, I can say that I tried to give you competition.

PS: I don't have a gripe with you paying GF, I have the issue with using it to get ahead with out doing anything but growing TS to remain on the high score list. How about making allies with other alliances and challenging some of the alliances that have yet to fight, LIKE UNITED EMPIRE, or hell, FIGHT WITH THEM AGAINST LEGION.

OR, Fight GAGO. They have yet to be defeated, and really have my respect as being on the level Legion is (Our ideals really line up for this server)

OR, simply come at Legion full force and DOW us. We could give the server life beyond piracy if you aren't too busy setting up for your next round of piracy goods. :lol:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Indes ().

• The goal of this game is develop your city. Pillaging is one way to do this.
      When pillaging, you find fun. Because you get some resource, you have to fight for it, take ppl down for it. The piracy game is the same. You even get more resources than pillaging. You have to fight even the whole server to get piracy reward. It's even more competition than pillaging.
      The difference is: pirate is the team working, not something you can do alone. The strategy of pirate is difference and more complexes than pillaging.
      And if you ask me: what highscore acc good for ? Example my acc: i have 27k citizens in my town. That mean i can have about 20k military point and my gold is positives. Right now. I have 9k military point and my gold is +14k/hours. I can buff my military points into 40k and attacking simple without strategy and win you alone easily.
      Is that clear ?
      Talking about strategy, i see you have almost nothing. Do you belive even if i delete all my barracks in my town. I still can get 30k military points in 4 days ? Yes, i can do it. Its a high class strategy of war which i belive famer like you never hearing, never seeing. :evilgrin:
    • Develop your city and then what? Run around and fight who? If everyone does what you do, what more is it to the game then piracy? Y'know, I don't care for the piracy aspect of this game at all. I did say in my message though, Ikariam works better when all ASPECTS of it are at their peak. Politics, Trade, War, etc. Right now, you only care about collecting your monthly piracy rewards and that's about it. Sure it lines GF's pockets but you turn a lot of people off to this game when it all just comes down to that.

20K Military points with a positive gold? NICE! Guess what though, I wouldn't care because I know I can take you alone Gamer if all those pesky members of yours didn't always intervene in the smallest of battles. You have a personal invitation to transfer near my islands and face me, let's see how you fair. :miffy:

You'd win against me with over 40K MS with no strategy what so ever and win? Please come shut me up and show me this Gamer. I can do the exact same, and get my huge MS funded by a banker around the server or someone within my alliance. Everything you can do with your ''bigger'' account, I can do. The only difference? Total score.

Since you talk about gold production and military, all that comes down to is Barracks/Shipyard levels, town halls levels, amount of towns, and how far you can push your satisfactions level to get those citizens faster.That is NOT hard to build up. Just because I'm not 1 million points like you (I'm literally a small fraction of that) does not mean I will not beat you with what I have at my disposal.

famer? FARMER? High class strategy my ass Gamer, you are just making excuses for rushing to end-game. I honestly don't know who you are calling a farmer when again, your alliance has tons of cores that have level one walls and level one hideouts located and transferred far away because you know Legion and many other alliances would be taking every drop of sulfur from you.

I have never been farmed by SMASH, but it has happened to your players many times. Bluesky and XVDO specifically enjoyed many visits from our cargo ships did they not? It's some nice documented CR's in that ''Legion vs SMASH'' thread that you just so happen to be turning a blind eye to?

I'm not going to say you are all talk, but I will say I can give you some real good care Gamer. Your alliance knows where my coordinates are, and they have towns all around me. You know where to find me when you want to have some fun. :lol: :lolbash:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Indes ().

• gamer wrote:

The goal of this game is develop your city. Pillaging is one way to do this.
      When pillaging, you find fun. Because you get some resource, you have to fight for it, take ppl down for it. The piracy game is the same. You even get more resources than pillaging. You have to fight even the whole server to get piracy reward. It's even more competition than pillaging.
      The difference is: pirate is the team working, not something you can do alone. The strategy of pirate is difference and more complexes than pillaging.
      And if you ask me: what highscore acc good for ? Example my acc: i have 27k citizens in my town. That mean i can have about 20k military point and my gold is positives. Right now. I have 9k military point and my gold is +14k/hours. I can buff my military points into 40k and attacking simple without strategy and win you alone easily.
      Is that clear ?
      Talking about strategy, i see you have almost nothing. Do you belive even if i delete all my barracks in my town. I still can get 30k military points in 4 days ? Yes, i can do it. Its a high class strategy of war which i belive famer like you never hearing, never seeing. :evilgrin:

Again! I repeat! All who had this target ''to build towns'' back in days where NOTHING! They where 0!! Because no one respected them as players. Because they never were seen on battlefields. And about SMASH i only know couple weeks back :D I know GAGO before, because they were active fighters but you are farmers. This game is not about building... :dash: :dash: When people like you will get that? It's about war, strategy, coalitions going one between alliances, politics.

Team work? When you have to plan how you will land on enemy island, how your allies will and how you all will get away if enemies will be to many. Coordinating that all...Thats a f*** team work. Back in days we had skype rooms full of people, whole alliance where in skype, they where thinking how and where to attack, there were strategies. And we even had so many big alliances that in alliances them selves where such big structure of how it works, it was spectacular and amazing. But now we have his IP share, piracy s**t network in all servers, there are more multies than real accounts.

40k GP does not mean that you can kill all, if you think so good luck. Thats what happens when people who only push PP and build get big acc...They are s**t in battles.

You are spending money on a dying game. And what will you remember? How much materials you got from Piracy game? I better write my name in hall of fame at this server, thats my target, at least my name will be in some guys memory. Already KoFG know me, they tend to solve all with diplomacy, but they started something they can't finish. Again they are impressed about numbers, they do not have any one near me who would be able to face me so they talk. But if they would have guy with 500K TS or else.. they would only attack. People still think that numbers are all in this game, but they are not. Numbers does not impress me. 40k GS or 15k GS that does not matter, matters only how you use them. And you need a lot of exp in battles to control 40k GS as effective as possible.

And look at OP top :D :D :D It's just so sad. I am not even trying and i am 5th place... It should be so hard to get even in top 50 but it's not... Why is that? Because people do not know what is war and real battles. With 30k OP i should be around 40 - 30 place not in top 10. This server is soft. Only one who has the solid amount of OP that's only one player from -LG-, even when GAGO and WARD had they war going one numbers where the same... There is no competition any more, so there are no war as well, because why if you can get stuff in piracy game... But i will never stop fighting against this system. With my aggression i only whant that other players get aggressive as well. That they would do something.
      Front Of Resistance -FOR-

For freedom, we march!
      For legacy, we march!
      For glory, we march!

Never giving up. Be prepared, Resistance is here!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Christmas ().

• king-23 wrote:

Lord Demonites wrote:

You won this time.. I am too young but I assure you, you will pay more than what you get. Or somebody else will pay. :)

Battle for YAP Kingdom
      (07.01.2017 18:28:14)
      Don Soto[-LAW-] from Vinito
      vs
      Lord Demonites from Rogue City, RON

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ............................................. - Hoplite.............................140(-281)
      ............................................. - Catapult...............................0(-24)
      ............................................. - Wall....................................0(-7)
      Sulfur Carabineer......................49(-0) - .............................................
      Swordsman.............................180(-0) - .............................................
      Steam Giant...........................138(-2) - .............................................
      Mortar.................................36(-0) - .............................................
      Doctor.................................20(-0) - .............................................
      Cook...................................10(-0) - .............................................
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Military................................-12.4 - Military...............................-662.2
      Offensive points.......................1655.5 - Defence points.............................31
      Damage Received...........................620 - Damage Received.........................33110
      Damage Percent.............................1% - Damage Percent............................99%

Winners: Don Soto[-LAW-]

Losers: Lord Demonites

305 units from Don Soto[-LAW-] are keeping the town YAP Kingdom occupied

128 units from Don Soto[-LAW-] are keeping the town YAP Kingdom occupied

Lord Demonites's army has fled because they were exhausted from fighting.

Lord Demonites's army has fled due to a lack of morale.

You went to Don's Island....... Where he has friends he got rid of you off the island. And now you cry on the boards. Interesting way about things. After we talked and I believe I even sent you goods to help you grow. Tell the entire story before you start rambling your mouth. I want the alliance GAGO to know this happened prior to this back stabber joining your alliance. -LAW- is done with this thread.

It is not crying, I just want the world to know so they can view something (NOT TO GET BORED WITH THIS SERVER) and don't take it personally because I don't. Don't be so protective. Hehe. He won, didn't he? I did not yell for any rescue or cried for help. This is just for my records so I will not forget who has debts to me. And I will never forget those who helped me and did good to me. Viewers are free to comment and state what they feel about it. Its good.

And to answer you.. It is his fault for touching my small troops. I shouldn't have posted it if he didn't. :beer:

But on the other hand, it is good. Destiny led me to GAGO alliance. LOL. Alliances invited me like good GFL guys and others.. They are awesome. I finally felt the ambiance of the server.

I have seen your battles Joker, you are good. But you seem to be the only fighter there. Have a nice day everyone.. :)
      SIG BY SKYRULE
    • They don't let me post some funny battles so i will do it any way.

Say hello to Spartans. Or..when people want to buy the game. Go home KofG. This is only one battle what they have lost, there are a lot more.

Picture - gyazo.com/08cf5d0b714a4cfe3aba729f9e141357

Full stats -

Battle for Korvatunturi_LV

(21.01.2017 17:13:50)

VietAnh270386[-FOR-] from Duck,
      Marshmallow[-FOR-] from Kings Watch, Ironforge, Christmas[-FOR-] from
      Korvatunturi_LV, Duck, Lapland_LV

vs

President Trump[KofG] from The White House, Pence[KofG] from Polis

Sulfur Carabineer.....................647(-0) - Sulfur Carabineer...................484(-254)

Swordsman..........................840(-1163) - Swordsman............................0(-1510)

Hoplite...........................1144(-1622) - Hoplite..............................0(-1444)

Gyrocopter............................0(-201) - Gyrocopter...........................84(-288)

Balloon-Bombardier.....................0(-60) - Balloon-Bombardier.....................0(-50)

Ram....................................43(-0) - Ram.....................................0(-6)

Mortar................................102(-0) - Mortar................................22(-20)

Doctor.................................10(-0) - Doctor.................................80(-0)

Cook..................................100(-0) - Cook...................................97(-0)

............................................. - Spartan...............................0(-567)

............................................. - Wall....................................0(-7)

Catapult...............................90(-0) - .............................................

Steam Giant............................60(-0) - .............................................

Military..............................-4516.9 - Military..............................-7413.2

Offensive points........................18533 - Defence points.......................11292.25

Damage Received........................225845 - Damage Received........................370660

Damage Percent............................37% - Damage Percent............................63%

For freedom, we march!
      For legacy, we march!
      For glory, we march!

• When people try to buy skill.... KofG tried so hard to prove that they are big and powerful. Jet no victory for them. This is only one of many battles they lost. This one is special because of Spartan :) Feels good to kill real money. You can't buy this game, at least not against me. Some people of KofG were so rude and sent me letters after they killed even 1 hoplite in my city. After this...no letters..just silence. Sound of pure victory. He even removed his leaching town, he leached Hephaestus for days. That did not helped him as well. They sad that we are small, we have nothing to put against them. They were wrong. This is only start! Watch out, Resistance is here! FOR GLORY!!!

Battle for Korvatunturi_LV

(21.01.2017 17:13:50)

Christmas[-FOR-] from Korvatunturi_LV,
      Duck, Lapland_LV, VietAnh270386[-FOR-] from Duck, Marshmallow[-FOR-]
      from Kings Watch, Ironforge

vs

President Trump[KofG] from The White House, Pence[KofG] from Polis

Sulfur Carabineer.....................647(-0) - Sulfur Carabineer...................484(-254)

Swordsman..........................840(-1163) - Swordsman............................0(-1510)

Hoplite...........................1144(-1622) - Hoplite..............................0(-1444)

Gyrocopter............................0(-201) - Gyrocopter...........................84(-288)

Balloon-Bombardier.....................0(-60) - Balloon-Bombardier.....................0(-50)

Ram....................................43(-0) - Ram.....................................0(-6)

Mortar................................102(-0) - Mortar................................22(-20)

Doctor.................................10(-0) - Doctor.................................80(-0)

Cook..................................100(-0) - Cook...................................97(-0)

............................................. - Spartan...............................0(-567)

Catapult...............................90(-0) - .............................................

Steam Giant............................60(-0) - .............................................

Military..............................-4516.9 - Military..............................-7413.2

Offensive points........................18533 - Defence points.......................11292.25

Damage Received........................225845 - Damage Received........................370660

Damage Percent............................37% - Damage Percent............................63%

And a bit old sea battle as well :)

(18.01.2017 19:55:01)

Christmas[-FOR-] from Hetta_LV, Winter Cove, Marshmallow[-FOR-] from Winter Cove

vs

Jack[KofG] from Boston

Ram-Ship..............................155(-5) - Ram-Ship...............................0(-32)

............................................. - Ballista Ship...........................0(-4)

Fire Ship.............................36(-86) - Fire Ship...............................0(-3)

Mortar Ship............................33(-0) - Mortar Ship............................0(-50)

Steam Ram.............................58(-17) - Steam Ram.............................6(-136)

Rocket Ship............................36(-0) - Rocket Ship............................0(-40)

Tender.................................18(-0) - Tender.................................10(-0)

Catapult Ship..........................56(-0) - .............................................

Balloon Carrier.........................5(-0) - .............................................

Diving Boat............................15(-0) - .............................................

Paddle Speedboat.......................20(-0) - .............................................

Military...............................-966.2 - Military..............................-5709.8

Offensive points......................14274.5 - Defence points.........................2415.5

Damage Received.........................48310 - Damage Received........................285490

Damage Percent............................14% - Damage Percent............................86%

Winners: Christmas[-FOR-], Marshmallow[-FOR-]

Losers: Jack[KofG]

For freedom, we march!
      For legacy, we march!
      For glory, we march!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Christmas ().

• It's not too impressive, when you have to have more people accounts to beat them.

Yay! You won because you ganged up on someone.

That's not too exciting and it doesn't prove anything.

Christmas -FOR- 321,993, VietAnh270386 -FOR- 283,578, Marshmallow -FOR- 254,178
      Vs
      President Trump KofG 333,020, Pence KofG 209,507

and

Christmas -FOR- 321,993, Marshmallow -FOR- 254,178

vs

Jack KofG 359,773
    • No one called them! No one asked them to come to our cities and start occupations. That's what you get when getting too confident. In sea battle i would be able to win alone, in land battle we would have won 2 vs 2. We just showed them that we are alliance, that we have players who care about defending against enemy.

For freedom, we march!
      For legacy, we march!
      For glory, we march!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Christmas ().

• They are big alliance 100 and more players. So they were thinking that they take us down easy and fast, we are only 15 in alliance. But they are farmers and noobs who just make GP and attacks brainlessly but we are little fighter alliance who can put a good fight. They lost hundreds of ships against me and thousands of men. They did not even have a chance to land longer than 15h on our islands. And that leaching...They tried to bring our Hephaestus down and sent me so much rude letters saying that we will get down, they will block each my port with 250 ship and bla bla bla... We shut them down, it does not matter how much against how much. They have way more people, way more GP but less skill and brain to even make one solid attack. They are unorganized.

For freedom, we march!
      For legacy, we march!
      For glory, we march!

• The size of the respective alliances is not really important. It's how many are involved in the fight.

It's never really an issue, when you are talking about defending your cities... That is why I changed my position on your breaking the occupation, especially considering it was two players holding a city.

But, on the offensive it actually is an issue. There is more respect to be had in 1 vs 1 fighting, as opposed to multiple attackers ganging up on someone.
    • Yeah, i know that. Old rule. But, we are teaching one of our players how to fight against other players. We want that he seas the battlefield, how many troops get killed in on round, how to rotate army and thing like that. They were trapped on island. They got in, but hardest thing is to get out of island. Because of lack in tactics and support they failed to even hold one port. Ehh.. long story, but i just wanted that all server would know what this KofG alliance is about. Big, too confident players who are 0 at battles. Not so much because of army or smth but because of lack in tactics. They got cut off and got smashed in peaces. BUT! Server is going on, nice to see some one actually trying to fight! In future there will be more battles, i am sure about that.

For freedom, we march!
      For legacy, we march!
      For glory, we march!

• The old rule was a good rule. It forced people to learn how to fight, based on experience fighting people around their own size.

We now have tons of people that rely purely on piling all of their friend's troops into fights, without learning how to fight on their own.

We also people that have never had to have a military, because they have larger players defending them... So, they end up with a big account... That they really don't know how to use effectively. I see that in multiple alliances here.

Large alliances have their perks. It's far easier to get CT's filled. :)
    • It's not the war game of old, that is for sure. Gameforge made sure of that. I have in the past waged wars that lasted for as long as two years.

That sort of thing just can't happen anymore, within the current game dynamics.

The middle of the board has always been considered prime real estate, by some. I do see a fair amount of clusters on the edge of the map, though. Much more so than there ever used to be.

However, we do have vast swaths of the map, where there are seas of islands that have never held an inhabitant. They probably never will. It does make for an interesting place to build up cities largely in peace, though.

Sadly, no one seems to care about the art form of the 1v1 fight. Individual accomplishment has lost its luster, and we have devolved into a gangland culture. Kind of a pity, really.
    • Scythe wrote:

The old rule was a good rule. It forced people to learn how to fight, based on experience fighting people around their own size.
      Based around their own size? Not when Alliance BRO is involved. I have a BRO cyber bully that keeps attacking me. His last haul 600 grape. What a haul!! I have a 2+ week account and cyber bully PandaBear is 10k MS. He can't fight anyone else except another Island mate with a 2k MS..He's a hero to the BRO alliance!
      OH! and Robshood? same cyber bully,cant fight a real fight. 2 little girls

The post was edited 2 times, last by mrmulligan ().

• mrmulligan wrote:

Scythe wrote:

The old rule was a good rule. It forced people to learn how to fight, based on experience fighting people around their own size.
      Based around their own size? Not when Alliance BRO is involved. I have a BRO cyber bully that keeps attacking me. His last haul 600 grape. What a haul!! I have a 2+ week account and cyber bully PandaBear is 10k MS. He can't fight anyone else except another Island mate with a 2k MS..He's a hero to the BRO alliance!
      OH! and Robshood? same cyber bully,cant fight a real fight. 2 little girls

Apparently I am a relic, from a bygone era.

There was a time, when there were some standards in how this was done. First and foremost, those with sizable accounts didn't pick on players substantially smaller than themselves. That said, not having any military at all did tend to paint a target on one's self, and make them a legitimate target. Personally, I never went after a player that had more than a 20% TS disparity with myself, unless there was a specific reason to attack that particular player.

Who is this player "PandaBear" and what is this alliance BRO? I do not see them in the HS for this server. Did you get lost, or mix up which server we are discussing?

I digress... Now, if you are talking about players that migrated their accounts from Gamma... They are a different breed and recognize no standards but the rules imposed by the game itself. We also have a large number of Vietnamese players that are amazingly polite in correspondence, but are outright thugs in their gamesmanship. I wouldn't accuse all Vietnamese players of behaving in this manner, but there certainly is not a shortage of it either.

Personally, I left new players alone for viability of the game... Well, that and today's noob on the island neighbor could very well end up being one's valued alliance mate tomorrow.
    • Hey... Monster Cooky Eater Turkey.. How are you?..

Yeah. I missed the old days of no piracy. We were monsters. Hows BXS? Is Skyruler still playing?

If there is no piracy, I can overtake their points for sure. Now I am a 500k pointer in just 4 months without piracy and without ambro. :P

Turkeh wrote:

Lord Demonites wrote:

You won this time.. I am too young but I assure you, you will pay more than what you get. Or somebody else will pay.
      They probably don't remember how often you used to pillage :P. I know Ed learned to fight specifically for that reason ^^
      SIG BY SKYRULE