Attract Vermin!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Attract Vermin!

Why has GameForge not told us anything about this new feature 'Attract Vermin'? How does it work? Can you inflict it on other players? Can you inflict it on yourself? How long does it last? How do you get rid of it? I suspect that Ambrosia is involved in this. What else does GameForge ever care about? Certainly not the players.
    • It is a visual effect causing rats, frogs and bugs to crawl around the town it is applied to.
      You can both use it on your own towns or on other players towns.

It last 7 days, or you can remove it by paying gold.

The cost is 10 ambrosia.

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket
    • Then just don't use it if you think it''s dumb. There is a lot of worse things in game and this one doesn't disturb anyone.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Scythe wrote:

Particularly since this has an ambro price, it should have the effect of impacting the target city's happiness.
      Screw that. Are you nuts? The things you can already buy with ambrosia are ridiculous enough. You can buy resources, citizens, and gold. And since they already have troop packs as a prize you know those will be for sale eventually too. But being able to directly attack another player with ambrosia-only features is worse.
    • Alhazred wrote:

Scythe wrote:

Particularly since this has an ambro price, it should have the effect of impacting the target city's happiness.
      Screw that. Are you nuts? The things you can already buy with ambrosia are ridiculous enough. You can buy resources, citizens, and gold. And since they already have troop packs as a prize you know those will be for sale eventually too. But being able to directly attack another player with ambrosia-only features is worse.

I actually take issue with their selling resources, citizens and gold. That stuff is almost on par with the removal of gold pillaging in breaking the game itself. The thought of ambro troop packs being on the horizon is not an unreasonable suspicion for you to have. Although, it would have the delicious benefit of knowing you are actually killing someone's hard earned cabbage when you fight them. So, in essence we are on the same page with GF screwing the pooch on those other things, but this one actually has some merit.

The ability to kill off their citizens they bought with ambro, with ambro of your own also has some amusement factor. My own taverns are so overbuilt, that I am pretty sure I could overcome it, were someone to try to infest my cities. It would also have the side benefit of making me burn through wine faster. Here's the thing. It would actually give blockading someone meaning, and make it much more probable that you can sweat out someone blockaded that has upwards of 80 warehouse levels on their wine.
    • I take issue with them selling all of that stuff too. Plus since I'm currently fighting a whole crew of ambrosia addicts who are pointlessly using the vermin feature on my cities anyway I don't really need the additional drain. Though my 100+ levels of warehouse protection keep me in wine for a long time... I just don't like the idea that someone with a day-old account and $20 can come in and do that sort of damage to an old player with an account they've been building for years.
    • Sadly, the only reason they entertain people playing the game for free (and endure the grueling game play without the bells and whistles that pay to play offers) is to give the pay to play players something to compete with. Some people have more time than money, and those of us in that predicament have painstakingly built our accounts.

Then there are people with cash falling out of their pockets, but very little free time. Those are people that like to feel important because of their money, and view it as a means of exerting their will and power over those they feel are beneath them. They bring their crap here from the outside world, into the game. Whereas the rest of us are looking at it as an escape from the real world. I feel your pain, and I'm right there with you.

It is what it is, gaming companies love wallet warriors... They pay the bills.

What I'm talking about is something on the order of what corruption is for a gr being a lvl too low for the time period it lasts (I believe it is 7 days).

As an aside, can you imagine how much it would cost in real world money to maintain a sizable upkeep for a large scale military through gold fills by ambrosia? Back in the days of gold pillaging, I used to run with -50K/hr deficit. Or even buying cargo ships (the Phoenician boats are bad enough).

Tell me you wouldn't get a certain glee out of pillaging 250K of marble from someone that had dropped 240 ambro for it? That's the pillage of dreams, right there.
    • Oh, that's old Ikariam cost per hour. With the current battle system and upkeep you can easily lose a quarter million an hour with a big military. That's probably more military than you need to fight with but I suppose it saves you time rebuilding later. Conveniently enough you can get 250K gold for 240 ambrosia.

I used to keep track of the number of cities players had warped just to attack me and counted each as a financial victory, but I lost count years ago. And really, most of the cash-heavy players I've encountered can't fight.

GF must make at least a little money off me, I watch the cinetheatre fairly regularly. That's all I'll give them.
    • Particularly since this has an ambro price, it should have the effect of impacting the target city's happiness.
      Yeap, that would make this feature reasonable enough to buy. :)
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein