New Server and other (IP and "random" account location)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• New Server and other (IP and "random" account location)

Hello. I think the US needs a new server. Or at least United Kingdom. I can play on either because I speak english only. However, the game is so controlling by big players that there is nothing someone small can do other than keep 7 warehouses and expand them rapidly. It is horrible! Also, when a new server is created, keep people in a local area with everyone. I created an account on the EN server called Eirene and there was not a sole nearby me for hundreds of islands. I refuse to play that way so I went up a server on EN. But please create a new server on US for everybody that is wanting to play fairly and not be constantly controlled by higher players. Ikariam is becoming more and more frustrating in that manner.
      Also, eliminate IP sharing. The best thing about Ikariam is playing with friends at school. And if I cant even defend a friends town with my military because of IP sharing then what is the point of being his ally. When you create a new server on US advertise it everywhere so anybody who speaks english in foreign countries can still play.

I hope you consider this post heavily GF because I know I speak for many people out there.
    • Asklepios is still very new. We have a lot of different alliances on the server and it isn't very hard to find one that will defend and grow you.
      IP sharing shouldn't go, and as I said, you should just join our server and make some fun since it isn't as established as you would think.
    • cwayneboi wrote:

Also, when a new server is created, keep people in a local area with everyone. I created an account on the EN server called Eirene and there was not a sole nearby me for hundreds of islands.
      [turkeh] Best way around this is to have someone send you a friend invite link :). This will place your towns near their towns.[/turkeh]

cwayneboi wrote:

Also, eliminate IP sharing.
      [turkeh]While I really empathize here, it probably will not happen as we now have to allow for multi-accounts. There is not a fool-proof way to prove who is really a multi vs. who is another person and both have to unfortunately be treated the same way.[/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • how about reset server after every year or when someone has a score high enough ?
      GF can creat a server which reset after year or 6 months and there are some other servers last forever. And if someone dont want to reset from the beginning, they can move to another server by using ambrosia. But if an account in forever server cant allow to move to the reset server. How's about this ideal ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by gamer ().

• [turkeh]

This is actually already done over on the .en warserver. It has gold pillaging, faster speed, and resets every 6 months. Permanent servers are not reset (but sometimes merge into other permanent servers to keep general population and interest up), but new servers do come out usually a few times per year (if someone wanted to start from the beginning, for example).

[/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • gamer wrote:

how about reset server after every year or when someone has a score high enough ?
      GF can creat a server which reset after year or 6 months and there are some other servers last forever. And if someone dont want to reset from the beginning, they can move to another server by using ambrosia. But if an account in forever server cant allow to move to the reset server. How's about this ideal ?

Those of us who have played the game and built up our accounts for the last 8 years would not be very happy to suddenly have everything wiped out. You don't need a huge account in order to have fun with this game, so why penalize the people who have worked on accounts for years? (Most of my accounts are not that big despite their ages.)

I've known a lot of people who have played the war servers and enjoyed it. That might be something you would find interesting to try. ;)

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • cwayneboi wrote:

Hello. I think the US needs a new server.
      Player can still have fun with small score. You can find your own partner with the same size to have friendship or war. If giant player come to you and attacking you, you can also use diplomacy options, get more friends and who knows you can also get give away account bigger than your existing one. This is a long term war strategy web game, players come & go & come back & gone... pretty common in any game including ikariam
    • I think he is playing on the old server like Alpha and Beta where many players are huge (and many more are inactive). However, i still decided to join Alpha (sure you still remember me Ratna,you just sent me message about my name few days ago :p) even though i know at one point people gonna slap me with pillaging :D