Official "No Raid Treaty"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Official "No Raid Treaty"

Should We Implement This? 6
        5 - I love this idea (1) 17%
        4 - I really like this idea (0) 0%
        3 - I like this idea (0) 0%
        2 - I dislike this idea (1) 17%
        1 - I really dislike this idea (0) 0%
        0 - I hate this idea (4) 67%
      No Raid Treaty is a treaty between two players or two alliances in which players or alliances that made No Raid Treaty between themselves don't raid each other.

Break of the treaty is punished by:

*unavailable raid for 4 hours
      *-25 happiness in each town for 4 hours
      *Payment 25000 Gold
    • Eh, not sure if this is a great idea. Last bit would need to be amended as it'd be an easy way to push gold to other players.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • If you worded this to be similar to a peace treaty (the only effect is people get notifications that it's been broken) then it might have a better chance of approval. Giving a game mechanic penalty is too much.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Not a great idea.Not complete enough to be given support.Lets see a few things here.

1) Would this treaty cost any DPs? If not, then I can imagine all the spam that would be generated and some of the most active pillagers being targeted with treaties like this from farms and weaker players to ensure their safety.You may say "well, aren't CTs doing the same" and I could tell you maybe, but at least CTs come with a reasonable price.

2) In alliance-to-alliance scenario; some alliances prefer to keep inactives.Either those people were too notable to be kicked and leaders just want to honor their name until their accounts disappear, or they are just not sure if the players will return and prefer to wait to be on the safe side.Now, I am not going to violate a peace treaty between two alliances but I would if I can get some benefits by pillaging inactive member.I believe EVERY alliance across all communities in Ikariam would approve my actions, but nobody should be penalized in that scenario.In this particular case, your suggestion creates a problem.

3) What is the purpose of this? What does it add to the game?

Notice? Both CT and PT violations deliver a notice to both sides (alliances and players)
      Penalty? CT already has a reasonable penalty.PT penalty would cause complications and problems for alliances that intend to let others pillage their inactives or even occupy each other's towns for strategic purposes.I would rather imagine nobody signing this kind of treaty.

Turkeh wrote:

Eh, not sure if this is a great idea. Last bit would need to be amended as it'd be an easy way to push gold to other players.

Doesn't have to be pushed to other players.It could simply be a deduction of 25,000 gold to the side that violates the treaty.But still, not a good idea.
    • So I break this treaty, now what? Is it gone? Does everyone in my alliance suffer the consequences? Who gets punished? Who gets this payment? The game? When can I cancel this treaty? Is their a time limit or do I just cancel it and attack or right before my attack lands?

Even with those minimal questions, I'm left with far too many more serious one's and the idea itself isn't good. Zer0

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • Yeah I thought about it more, and now when you put all those questions together it is a lot of work to be done for it so it is probably a dead end idea

Also this idea isn't to be created by me, it is a topic and all players can comment their solutions here to help improve it :)
    • No.. the idea is to be created by you. You're the one suggesting it. Think it through, my special kind of way of helping you is by tearing it down so you can start again or trash it. Best you trash this.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • Ari wrote:

Yeah I thought about it more, and now when you put all those questions together it is a lot of work to be done for it so it is probably a dead end idea

Also this idea isn't to be created by me, it is a topic and all players can comment their solutions here to help improve it :)
      This needs to be completely changed in order to have something to work with.Right now this is pointless and should not even be discussed any further.