Merger

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Hi,

    You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

    Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

    Ikariam team

    • P.P.S. It's not easy work, but you'll also never need to go to a gym. I put on 35 kilograms in the 8 months I had off, clocking in at just shyof 150 kilograms (I'm also 6'9" tall so it isn't as heinously overweight as it sounds). This week alone I've lost 7 kilograms purely because of how physical it is and how much walking the stable I am at does with the horses, I am averaging 30-35kilomteres (just over 20 miles) a day walking mostly with horses.

      Hard work but you'll be fit and not go hungry.

      That's as close to sympathy you're getting.

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • 205.74cm's (an inch is 2.54 cm's, a foot is 12 inches. I'm pretty sure I'm closer to 208cm's though, either way, I'm an ACTUAL tall person, because I have to duck your standard doorway. All these people who claim to be tall but have never had to duck a door way in their lifetimes are pretenders and you should call them out on their pretendist tall people ways. they have no idea what it means to be actually tall and everything that comes with it!

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • I am against a server merge. I believe if you want to join a active server, you have the choice to do so by joining NY, Bets or Alpha. Eriene is active also. The war server is active.

      The only reason why apollon is not active is because that is how you view it. If I were a player on that server I would make it active. I would go pillage players, place top 10 in piracy and kill some MS every time I get the chance to.

      The only players who really believe a server is dying are the ones who dont do nothing but build.
    • Ari wrote:

      Well that is a bit much, my uncle was 205cm, he used to hit his head when entering into my house cuz door is 200cm high :)
      No, it is a measure of an actual tall person. Anybody who is not at least 201cm's is NOT a tall person because they don't udnerstand the pain of having to duck everything (literal pain, you end up iinstinctively ducking stuff, and when you do smash your head into a doorway youc arry on like nothing has happened because you're yused to it after long years of doing it, and everyone around you just loses their sheet, it's sort of amusingr eally.

      You also get to pkllay the secret tall person game, which is how I call it and others may not view it as a game but people who are really tall approaching through the street will stand to their full height to see who is taller when they pass - it's bad, I can tell now against shorter people even justa little and I won't even bother and they'll pass, be shorter still and just be all disappointed lol. You get it alot in the people who are tall but not actually tall because they don't have all the things that make tall people takll people (like the ehad wackage, and the constant questions of 'do you play basketball?' 'How's the weather up there?' 'How tall are you?' - if a p[rick is asking you shoot back 4'33" and it will confuse the crap out of them because apparently people can't do basic maths and they think but you can't be that tall I'm 5'9" but you're shorter at 4'33"...twitch! hehehe. :p ANYWAYS, my greatest pet hate is people walking with umbrealls ona busy street usually in the city but not always on arainy day not looking where theya re going and me here with all the pointy bits of umbrellas tying to stab me in the throat. One of these days, I am going to snap. And umbrellas wills tart flying everywhere.


      Grim Reaper DaWar wrote:

      I am against a server merge. I believe if you want to join a active server, you have the choice to do so by joining NY, Bets or Alpha. Eriene is active also. The war server is active.

      The only reason why apollon is not active is because that is how you view it. If I were a player on that server I would make it active. I would go pillage players, place top 10 in piracy and kill some MS every time I get the chance to.

      The only players who really believe a server is dying are the ones who dont do nothing but build.
      ALL OF THIS!

      At the end, before merges, Omikron had about as many players as the warerver does now and like the warserver, there' was no excuse why you couldn't evaluate in piracy. Unlike the warserver though, original omikron was a thriving mass of internal server activity, alot of builder/miners were active on that server and talking back and forth, some had competitions between themselves, others just competed in general, there were some wars but the fighters regardless of what they believed didn't contribute aything except towards general player attrition as happens when you go in with an attitude of 'we have to annihi;late everyone!' it can be seen on the warserver with WAR Vs RnR, a lot of RnR buggered off to another server and are in perma-v-mode, they may come back, they probably won't though. When you end up with a very small server where even with a ct with everyone you still only have less then 200 available, the sserver community is different to a more aggressive one and unless you adjust your approach if you are a pure fihter it will get lonelier and lonelier in my experience and you will find those people screaming on the boards about how dead the server is.

      Also, I disagree about your comment of the only ones who think a server is dying are those players that only build, you'll find the majority of those players actually don't mind things getting quieter, they can compete with each other in ways that fighter-centric players don't really understand and they don't need stupid large militaries if solo (not that you need them anyway just the ability to churn out a sizeable army/fleet in a timed manner) at this stage so they can build better and faster. Ikariam is multi-faceted, it's also a game where you have ups and downs. I build but I also fight it is all dependent on the mood I am in. I'll be honest here, the warserver, all you hardcore fighters need to sit back and invest in economy and building up your accounts. There are so few high end accounts for the time that has passed and the income that place generates it is truly obscene and an insult to you all as players. The general approach on noirmal servers to war based mindsets needs to be tweaked towards noit driving players away but retaining them after conflict has occurred. there's just too few players on the server. the eu warserver is thriving by comparison, both in development and player numbers, and whether that is a regionalised thing or more an approach of their war based conflicts that aren't aimed to drive people away from the server, I can't say, but that's how it feels on the US warserver currently.

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Grim Reaper DaWar wrote:

      I am against a server merge. I believe if you want to join a active server, you have the choice to do so by joining NY, Bets or Alpha. Eriene is active also. The war server is active.

      The only reason why apollon is not active is because that is how you view it. If I were a player on that server I would make it active. I would go pillage players, place top 10 in piracy and kill some MS every time I get the chance to.

      The only players who really believe a server is dying are the ones who dont do nothing but build.

      A server is only as active as it's participants allow it to be. I don't see how the War Server is very active, as you have -WAR- pretty much dominating it and everyone else is left in the ashes of a once promising land of opportunity. They gave us gold pillaging back and increased the production values of research points and resources. They even increased the Speed of building and transportation!That was something all the fighters on every single server said they'd want to see. It changed nothing.

      I agree with Spidey, A different approach must be made in order to retain and develop the community we have. I also learned from experience with the Asklepios server that going into the game to obliterate everyone is not healthy to the development of a server. You can promote competition, but only if everyone has space to breathe and the chance to compete in their own ways (Building, Economics, AND War) not just one trumping the others. From my time on Asklepios with Legion (-LG-), and United Empire (-UE-) I learned that you can foster a good community of Builders, Fighters, and Traders. They can all co-exist under one umbrella, you just have to play the game in a much more friendly atmosphere rather then a blood sport. I was a driving factor behind the activity of Asklepios, I stirred much drama but also promoted healthy relationships between alliances. I was a big hand in building up one alliance (United Empire) just to leave them after my time was done there and joined Legion just to headline a war against them along with two other alliances and engineer several rivalries/coalitions along the way. That still remains the most active period in that server's history.

      I say all of this to pretty much point out that even though this game is very old, we could take some approaches to make a new era out of it. There is still somewhat of a community to this game, and maybe when the forums merge and the entire community is no longer split we can see where things go.
    • Since -WAR- seems to keep being mentioned, I kinda feel I need to say something.

      We didn’t dominate the server. We have only fought 3 wars. Three. That’s it. And two were the same alliance. We have been quite friendly with others. We have tried to keep the alliance small, so that we don’t take over the server. Right now we have less than 20 and it’s been like that for quite some time now. Yes, we are an aggressive bunch, but what military based alliance isn’t? We want more players there. I can’t tell you how many talks we have had within the alliance about finding players to fight, without driving them from the server.

      The only reason we are where we are is the fact that the quite a few members of the other alliances were forced to take vacations for a year. We had no control of that, we only noticed it when we started seeing red X’s next to their names when looking for targets. If that is what you call dominated the server, then yea... I guess we did, but this isn’t how we wanted it to go.
    • I would say -WAR- didn't dominate as much as it just survived and that was simply because we didn't cheat.

      Our first war was against an alliance that wouldn't stop trying to bully us via the Pirates game, after soundly defeating them they got desperate and didn't cover their tracks in their abuse of multies which caused most all of them to be banned. We stopped warring with those remaining, and even offered 2 of them to be join us.

      Our 2nd war was defending ourselves against a surprise attack by the top alliance, it too didn't end well for them, and eventually they too got desperate and made mistakes in failing to cover their tracks in their abuse of multies, getting bans and wiping out 1/3-1/2 of their alliance. They were losing badly before the bans & so we offered them a peace settlement to give them time to readjust & recruit more players...they agreed and just before the end of the peace agreement time was up, they backed out and attacked again. They lost most of their military and gold with exceptions of players who went vmode early. They all moved to the UK war server and it isn't looking like they want to dedicate any time on the US warserver as they vmode anytime you get more than 2 battles against them.

      As you can see, this isn't a situation of being too aggressive pushing players out, although I would argue that is kind of the point of the game...last one standing and all....but anywho, it is a matter of players from a certain part of the world not respecting the rules and getting banned...the fix for that is simple...get quality players who don't cheat to come to the server...there is no pressure to be ready until you're ready...but when you poke the bear, expect us to think you feel you are ready. Til then, we will be building our accounts and being respectful stewards pillaging gold which you don't need to build so all are ok :D

      Oh, and most of us in -WAR- don't have any need to have the whole alliance involved...so if you want 1vs1's or 2vs2's or 4vs4's or 2vs1...just let me know...I take challengers and have a nice MS cap way of dueling.


      "I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."

      Hunter S. Thompson
    • DogofWar wrote:

      I would say -WAR- didn't dominate as much as it just survived and that was simply because we didn't cheat.

      Our first war was against an alliance that wouldn't stop trying to bully us via the Pirates game, after soundly defeating them they got desperate and didn't cover their tracks in their abuse of multies which caused most all of them to be banned. We stopped warring with those remaining, and even offered 2 of them to be join us.

      Our 2nd war was defending ourselves against a surprise attack by the top alliance, it too didn't end well for them, and eventually they too got desperate and made mistakes in failing to cover their tracks in their abuse of multies, getting bans and wiping out 1/3-1/2 of their alliance. They were losing badly before the bans & so we offered them a peace settlement to give them time to readjust & recruit more players...they agreed and just before the end of the peace agreement time was up, they backed out and attacked again. They lost most of their military and gold with exceptions of players who went vmode early. They all moved to the UK war server and it isn't looking like they want to dedicate any time on the US warserver as they vmode anytime you get more than 2 battles against them.

      As you can see, this isn't a situation of being too aggressive pushing players out, although I would argue that is kind of the point of the game...last one standing and all....but anywho, it is a matter of players from a certain part of the world not respecting the rules and getting banned...the fix for that is simple...get quality players who don't cheat to come to the server...there is no pressure to be ready until you're ready...but when you poke the bear, expect us to think you feel you are ready. Til then, we will be building our accounts and being respectful stewards pillaging gold which you don't need to build so all are ok :D

      Oh, and most of us in -WAR- don't have any need to have the whole alliance involved...so if you want 1vs1's or 2vs2's or 4vs4's or 2vs1...just let me know...I take challengers and have a nice MS cap way of dueling.
      what's up DogofWar?

      How u been? Is this the same crew that was on zeta?
    • Grim Reaper DaWar wrote:

      what's up DogofWar?

      How u been? Is this the same crew that was on zeta?
      I always said I would return if they ever brought back gold pillaging...so when DrkAngel informed me they had on the war server...well we had to hold our end of the deal =)

      I am doing ok, minus a heart attack here or there...how about yourself?
      We are some from GHOST Zeta, some from GHOST Theta, some from BE Zeta & Theta, and some happy additions we met on the war server.


      "I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."

      Hunter S. Thompson
    • It's nice to see you guys are back together, my crew has scattered and from 40 players only 2-3 are active now, I wish they were back at least for few days so we can have fun like we used to, every day chat was full of people in our alliance, we all had topics to talk about, mostly because we were from all around the world. It used to be fun.
    • DogofWar wrote:

      Grim Reaper DaWar wrote:

      what's up DogofWar?

      How u been? Is this the same crew that was on zeta?
      I always said I would return if they ever brought back gold pillaging...so when DrkAngel informed me they had on the war server...well we had to hold our end of the deal =)
      I am doing ok, minus a heart attack here or there...how about yourself?
      We are some from GHOST Zeta, some from GHOST Theta, some from BE Zeta & Theta, and some happy additions we met on the war server.
      I have been doing well. Last I played was in NY, then I quit do to RL. I had an account I created in Hades but then stopped there and joined Eirene server here.

      I tried so hard to stay away from ikariam but couldnt lol.

      It's good to hear the crew is back. Back when I first started in Zeta, your group was amazing. :)