Pinned Cinetheater-reports

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Cinetheater-reports

When experiencing problems with the cinetheater, please post here, with the information below mentioned in the post!

============================================
      When does it occur? As closely in time as you can from the in-game clock:

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies?:
      Have you activated any extensions, adblocks, antivirus, shockwave?:

If you use adblocker or extension, try to disable them before submitting report

Server:
      Ingame name:
      User ID (from Options > Game Options > Debugdata):
      City name:
      Which bonus:
      Which ad :

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mea1 ().

• Mea1 wrote:

When experiencing problems with the cinetheater, please post here, with the information below mentioned in the post!

============================================

Have you activated any extensions, adblocks, antivirus, shockwave, java?:

Server:
      Ingame name:
      City name:
      Which bonus:
      Which ad :

Dwayne Turner wrote:

The Directv ad is not working here in the U.S. on the beta server. I have my pop up blocker disabled as well.
      Please fill out the posts above for it to be able to be reported!

• Same ad for me is in another language. However, if you go through the steps on the ad you can achieve your bonus. Scroll down and click to the next step or skip (not sure now what it actually says for skip) then onto the final step and either visit the website or skip again and the bonus shows.
    • Alhazred wrote:

Please no Spanish-language ads in an English-language server. You're just cheating your advertisers.
      What kind of ads you do get depends on where you are located to. I don't know where you are from but somehow the locator seemed to have thought you "Spanish speeking".

Venus wrote:

Same ad for me is in another language. However, if you go through the steps on the ad you can achieve your bonus. Scroll down and click to the next step or skip (not sure now what it actually says for skip) then onto the final step and either visit the website or skip again and the bonus shows.
      You should not have to click anything (except perhaps the "start" button for a video). But you should not have to visit an external website. Could you please report it with the necessary data in case it appears again?
    • Guys and gals! Please fill out the posts in the top:

Mea1 wrote:

Have you activated any extensions, adblocks, antivirus, shockwave, java?:

Server:
      Ingame name:
      City name:
      Which bonus:
      Which ad :
      Without that information there is nothing I can forward to the right department

• Rapunzel13 wrote:

Alhazred wrote:

Please no Spanish-language ads in an English-language server. You're just cheating your advertisers.
      What kind of ads you do get depends on where you are located to. I don't know where you are from but somehow the locator seemed to have thought you "Spanish speeking".

Venus wrote:

Same ad for me is in another language. However, if you go through the steps on the ad you can achieve your bonus. Scroll down and click to the next step or skip (not sure now what it actually says for skip) then onto the final step and either visit the website or skip again and the bonus shows.
      You should not have to click anything (except perhaps the "start" button for a video). But you should not have to visit an external website. Could you please report it with the necessary data in case it appears again?
      I will gather the details if it happens again. :)
    • When does it occur? As closely in time as you can from the in-game clock: 16:30 game time but earlier as well usually between 14:30-16:30

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies?: Nope not going to do that for an ad really

Have you activated any extensions, adblocks, antivirus, shockwave, java?: yep

Server: mainly on boreas but decided to post once it happened on Asklepolis server as well

Ingame name: THe JoKeR

User ID (from Options > Game Options > Debugdata): 129 (Boreas)

City name: Not sure happens in different ones

Which bonus: Daily Favor

Which ad : Not sure its not in english
    • It happens all the time, it seems to be the main ad in the cinetheatre right now. I think it's an ad for Spanish DirecTV, but since I don't speak Spanish it could be an ad for Spanish Dish Network, or possibly even Portuguese DirecTV.

And I don't care what Ikariam thinks about my location. I realize that the "American" servers have players from around the Americas, not to mention from around the rest of the world, but one thing you can be sure of is that everyone playing here has at least a basic understanding of the English language, since, you know, all the words are in English.
    • Alhazred wrote:

And I don't care what Ikariam thinks about my location. I realize that the "American" servers have players from around the Americas, not to mention from around the rest of the world, but one thing you can be sure of is that everyone playing here has at least a basic understanding of the English language, since, you know, all the words are in English.
      And unfortunatly that is where your logic and that of those ads differ ;)

Let's say you are from France playing on a US server. If you'd see ads specific for "America" for example for a coffee shop chain that doesn't exist in France there would be no sense in that. So the big thing is to try to show you ads that might be for you - a phantastic new frensh baguette currently only availabe in France maybe ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rapunzel13 ().

• Rapunzel13 wrote:

Alhazred wrote:

And unfortunatly that is where your logic and that of those ads differ ;)
      Let's say you are from France playing on a US server. If you'd see ads specific for "America" for example for a coffee shop chain that doesn't exist in France there would be no sense in that. So the big thing is to try to show you ads that might be for you - a phantastic new frensh baguette currently only availabe in France maybe ;)
      I'm afraid that isn't an accurate comparison. In your scenario the person from France playing on a US server would at least be able to understand an advertisement for an American coffee chain, since it's reasonable to assume that everyone playing on a server where all the instructions are in English would have at least a basic English literacy. This isn't about the availability of an advertised product, this is about a basic inability to understand a particular ad. Save the Spanish-language ads for Spanish-language servers, where you can assume that everyone viewing the ad will be able to understand it at least. Or Portuguese, I'm not sure it's Spanish, but whatever. Advertisements should be in the same language as the server.
    • Mea1 wrote:

king-23 wrote:

Have you activated any extensions, adblocks, antivirus, shockwave, java?: yep
      Do you mean you have extensions and adblocks active? If so you will need to deactivate them.
      Sorry no I have no ad blockers activated. Read the question wrong.

I am American, live in American and play on an American servers (at least I thought that's where I was)

I also believe you have to redirect (but I may not be able to understand it) to get it to work
    • Alhazred wrote:

Rapunzel13 wrote:

Alhazred wrote:

And unfortunatly that is where your logic and that of those ads differ ;) Let's say you are from France playing on a US server. If you'd see ads specific for "America" for example for a coffee shop chain that doesn't exist in France there would be no sense in that. So the big thing is to try to show you ads that might be for you - a phantastic new frensh baguette currently only availabe in France maybe ;)
      I'm afraid that isn't an accurate comparison. In your scenario the person from France playing on a US server would at least be able to understand an advertisement for an American coffee chain, since it's reasonable to assume that everyone playing on a server where all the instructions are in English would have at least a basic English literacy. This isn't about the availability of an advertised product, this is about a basic inability to understand a particular ad. Save the Spanish-language ads for Spanish-language servers, where you can assume that everyone viewing the ad will be able to understand it at least. Or Portuguese, I'm not sure it's Spanish, but whatever. Advertisements should be in the same language as the server.
      I just explained how it works. If you are correctly placed in a non-American location or not is another matter ;)

But you get to see the ads appropriate to your current supposed location and NOT based on where you play. So if you go on a trip to China and watch an advia local internet there - in a cinetheater on any of the US-servers - you should end up with one in Mandarin - no matter if you do understand that language or not. Most times people do understand the language of the land they are in ;)

Edit:
      Thx for the data king-23. Directv Campain forwarded for removal.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rapunzel13 ().