Game Forge : Seriously, you changed the Bored (spelling intended) for this?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Some things are nice about the new board but the big issue is that you have to be logged in to read. What if:

1. You are at war and don't want people to know you are online?
      2. You are curious about the Boards and don't have a registered account?

It appears a handful of players participate on the Boards in the US server. Boards are much more active in European servers. The changes will not help with that.
      "Aller Anfang ist schwer." ("All beginning is hard.")
    • You can modify your personal settings to not reveal if you're online. When these new boards went live that feature seemed to be a little glitchy, but I think it's working now.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Well two things:

1. You should be able actually to see all of the world and sub-boards now without being logged in. (You have to click forum though as the Dashboard is usually first thing you see).

2. You can also set yourself to invisible. Go to your picture in the upper left corner, click that, then select "user account" >> "Account Management". Then from there on the left pane "Settings" >> "Security". From Can see my Online status, select "Nobody". You should be set.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Mirta Kierstan wrote:

Some things are nice about the new board but the big issue is that you have to be logged in to read. What if:

1. You are at war and don't want people to know you are online?
      Please read the above answer from Turkeh

2. You are curious about the Boards and don't have a registered account?
      Old Board & New Board are the same, to read what's on the board you dont have to have a Board Account

It appears a handful of players participate on the Boards in the US server. Boards are much more active in European servers. The changes will not help with that.
    • "It appears a handful of players participate on the Boards in the US server. Boards are much more active in European servers."

Well, seeing the Union Jack for the language flag was not lost on me. Neither was the initial dashboard url of .en.

Making sure the boards match is a definite step towards merging them.

I don't doubt that it's merely a matter of time before .us. is merged with .en.

At this point, I can't imagine it will take much.

If they merge servers too (rather than merely changing the urls), I hope we get all the benefits given when the servers merged here (such as getting all your donations as a pool, etc.)