Game Forge : Seriously, you changed the Bored (spelling intended) for this?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I have to agree. So far these boards look terrible to me. I assume you worked on graphics and setup before just putting the board out here, so I'm assuming this is the final product. It seems even the boards will be getting the same downgrades that you put out in the game. Did you test these forums with a large audience before putting it out? Did you not ask if you could even fit all the different forum topics before switching? Apparently you have to already start deleting forums instead of being able to archive them. Who knew simple text would take up so much space in today's age.

I feel like a senior citizen, no offense OptimusPrime ;), because the graphics are so huge and the font is so large. All the content that was the main reason for the forum is now lost in the oversized pictures and blank space.

Signature by me

The post was edited 1 time, last by CheckMate ().

• the new board is better! i like it now... i tried the previous board and it is so chaotic, it takes so long to find what you need to read, it just robs you of your time and takes so much of your effort.

admit it, which i doubt some of you will, the new board is better, it is readable! it is a forum not an art gallery.

and come on... that's why there are things such as enhancements...

more power to the new board!
    • Actually it's incredibly bright and harder to read. I turned down the zoom so it didn't feel like everything was in my face. Now the text looks scared and alone in the big spaces of the posts.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • More importantly, a wealth of information from players long since moved on in archived threads was there for players to learn from. Comparisons of building - newbie through to the highest end of endgame game play as a working example are gone and sure there's a wiki but that's pretty crap in itself outside of looking at cost to make of each building and mine/mill level.

I hate the girl and fat tit guy staring at me at the top of the page, the brightness vs the small writing in the reply box. Nothing I say will change anything, gameforge don't really care about Ikariam anymore, we weren't even mentioned in their 2016 games highlights, OGame was but not the sister browser game Ikariam so why are you all surprised? Sucks to be anyone who was away from the game the past week and had archived pm's they referenced from time to time just up and get deleted but who knows, MAYBE like the old accounts that supposedly got deleted, when the first mergers occurred they magically re-activated, so MAYBE all our pm's are stored in the space between space but unlikely we''ll see them again.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • More importantly, a wealth of information from players long since moved on in archived threads was there for players to learn from. Comparisons of building - newbie through to the highest end of endgame game play as a working example are gone and sure there's a wiki but that's pretty crap in itself outside of looking at cost to make of each building and mine/mill level.

I hate the girl and fat tit guy staring at me at the top of the page, the brightness vs the small writing in the reply box. Nothing I say will change anything, gameforge don't really care about Ikariam anymore, we weren't even mentioned in their 2016 games highlights, OGame was but not the sister browser game Ikariam so why are you all surprised? Sucks to be anyone who was away from the game the past week and had archived pm's they referenced from time to time just up and get deleted but who knows, MAYBE like the old accounts that supposedly got deleted, when the first mergers occurred they magically re-activated, so MAYBE all our pm's are stored in the space between space but unlikely we''ll see them again.

P.S. Our login details remained and so too did our post counts.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Many things in the new board look a way too big for me, especially the banner above. However on the mobile it's very easy to use it now.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • What kind of response were you expecting exactly?

CheckMate wrote:

I have to agree. So far these boards look terrible to me. I assume you worked on graphics and setup before just putting the board out here, so I'm assuming this is the final product. It seems even the boards will be getting the same downgrades that you put out in the game. Did you test these forums with a large audience before putting it out? Did you not ask if you could even fit all the different forum topics before switching? Apparently you have to already start deleting forums instead of being able to archive them. Who knew simple text would take up so much space in today's age.

I feel like a senior citizen, no offense OptimusPrime ;), because the graphics are so huge and the font is so large. All the content that was the main reason for the forum is now lost in the oversized pictures and blank space.
      Forum software - with a few exceptions is always developed third party, so GF did not develop the boards. I was told that WBB was still the very best option of the options available to us - I can't really debate the particulars because 1. I don't know the constraints of not just our boards but all GF communities 2. I don't have enough info on all available forum software out there and it's real and opportunity costs to switch. Want to be careful about coming too much to their defense here, because I'm not WBB's biggest fan and not necessarily a big fan of the design (is anyone else mildly unnerved by Krya's eyes?).

Regarding forum topics - it wasn't a decision this community got to make. Prior communities' migration took over a week to accomplish and both server load to do that and staffing to accomplish was not feasible. We got *very short* notice to reduce our community's posts by 2/3 so that the migration time period would not take a week. Me, Mea1, and Drkangel did our very best in the time we had to remove threads with less history. I'm sorry if I removed a favorite thread - but it was either that or have threads removed indiscriminately from 2008 and that might have been a pretty sad travesty. If you're looking for old archived things and can't find them - make sure to check the archived folders for each world board. I've been moving them into those since they're archives anyways and less sections on the boards mean less loading time for the boards overall.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the old boards? (And no, I'm not being sarcastic. just curious.)

I know years ago they changed the boards and I don't remember much fanfare happening, positive or negative.

sig by Checkmate

• JuneBarcarolle wrote:

Out of curiosity, what was wrong with the old boards? (And no, I'm not being sarcastic. just curious.)

I know years ago they changed the boards and I don't remember much fanfare happening, positive or negative.
      Well a couple of reasons - first being that the old version was terribly buggy with sessions and had a lot of issues with people frequently either being logged out all the time or occasionally being locked out of their account due to another weird bug. The other main reason is we were starting to tread towards the edge of using an unsupported forum version and that wasn't something we could do. It's not just our community that's being forced to make this change; it's all GF communities. Unfortunately there was no opt out option for us to take.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Fair enough.

Would now be a bad time to point out that the new boards log me out regularly? :P I've have to log in about 5-6 times during a typical evening. If my computer goes to sleep, I can add another 5-6 times on average to my daily total logins. (On the bright side, I don't have problems remembering my password anymore. I use it daily now instead of yearly.)

sig by Checkmate

• JuneBarcarolle wrote:

Fair enough.

Would now be a bad time to point out that the new boards log me out regularly? :P I've have to log in about 5-6 times during a typical evening. If my computer goes to sleep, I can add another 5-6 times on average to my daily total logins. (On the bright side, I don't have problems remembering my password anymore. I use it daily now instead of yearly.)
      Have you cleared out your old cookies for board? Because this new forum need new cookies and the old ones makes you log out frequently.

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket