Shipping Freighter or Barge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Shipping Freighter or Barge

As a retail trader, I use my Trade Ships excessively and never seem to have enough.

I'd love to see trainable Freighter unit, maybe that has an upkeep costs to justify it, that could transport large quantities of resources. No attack or defensive ability neccessary. Maybe, to make thing interesting, the unit can be confiscated by enemy forces if it enters a hostile port unprotected or loses its allied ships in battle.

You could use this as a means to add resource wagers to organized battles between alliances.

If not a freighter, how about a towable barge that can be used with other ships, maybe with a negative travel time effect.
    • Unfortunately this falls under the following dead end idea:

Anything that gives away a pay-to-use (P2P) option for free
      • Plus feature(s)
        Some users want to access the convenient features of Ikariam Plus, and pay real world money to do so. That is their choice. (That money goes towards the upkeep of the servers, so in essence they are paying for the bit of extra space taken up for them to have such features.) If you want to have those same features, you can buy them too.
      Because trade ships are both purchasable with ambrosia asking for an additional type of unit that achieves same purpose in non-ambrosia ways violates this dead-end-idea.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance: