*** MosCo SUPER SALE!!! ***

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• *** MosCo SUPER SALE!!! ***

Hellooooooooooooo NY!

Ah man, it feels good to be back at fully operation now that the time and money wasting blockades of a soft shelled goon have now ended. I`m nothing if not spiteful, so in honour of the trespasses against me, I have dropped prices at a few locations.

MosCo Vinery and MosCo Riverock were the first 2 vandalized, and closest to the aforementioned goon. Hence, for this wonderful weekend of Liberation, I have LOWERED ALL PRICES TO MINIMUM at those 2 locations.

Prices remain their regular fair selves at all 11 other MosCo Locations.

Ny Buys MosCo!!!
      a subsidiary of Ny TradeCorp
    • So, let me get this straight, and oh do please try to correct me if I'm wrong. However, this is the way that I see it, you like to insult people and alliances if they do not do as you command. And if you get attacked for it, rather than apologizing for your poor attitude, you start whining on the board with the claim that "I'm a trader, that's my game" and EXPECT others to defend your sorry hind end? Did you not realize this is a WAR game and that attacks are part of the game whether you choose to play that part or not? Do you not realize that you can not expect others to comply just because "you are a trader". And by your own words you have spent a good deal of money on being a trader. I'm just still trying to wrap my small brain around that, that someone would spend so much money, and I assume time, on remaining below 1 million points so that he can be an insulting jerk and then claim he's being bullied. And then manipulate others to fight for him. Do you fancy yourself a puppet master? Oh yes, but as some have already pointed out, including yourself, you bring so much to Ny. To which I have to respond, what? What have you brought, other than whines from the peanut gallery? Are others not able to send their people to the mills and mines? Are others not able to pillage goods from inactives and those who like to just horde goods? Do others not have alliance mates who are willing to trade with them, or even those in the alliance who help to supply when there is a war? I grow tired of your whines, so please be gone with you.
    • Damia is exactly right!
      You've been playing this game since Dec 5, 2012. That's 4 & 1/2 yrs, and ur TS is 744k. You're staying small on purpose, so you can complain when someone responds militarily to ur insults.
      Hopefully people see through ur act. You have a gold stash... defend yourself, instead of trying to get others to do it for you, because "you're just a trader." This is a militaristic based game. Play it or stop complaining!
    • I'm gonna disagree that this is a war game or a militaristic based game, if it was only that then it'd fall into many other browser games out there which you play and get bored of relatively quickly after subjugating everyone around and well it gets boring fast.

Ikariam is best described as a multifaceted strategy based expansionist game. Yes, war, armies, fleets, farming and out-maneuvering your chosen foes is a thing ingame, however, it is not the only approach. massive colony developmental approaches in building, research and dominating as well as trading are also aspects which can be played and indeed are played to the extreme on this server. But Ikariam is not just a war game. And that's why it has a large player base still despite us being in an age where free online gaming has evolved significantly beyond text on a screen plus a time element games which is essentially what Ikariam is.

I'm surprised mosXero is still sub-1 million TS. It's actually rather stupid in my opinion. He could have max colonies with max boosters and decent mines/mills all for a 6ish month investment of time - Ikariam is a long term game after all, nothing is achieved of note in the short term.

What this thread tells the server, and this is a key thing about Ikariam - advertisement of player status/reactions to certain situations - is that MosXero will drastically lower his prices in the vein hope he cans ell all his goods on colonies if he gets attacked. But if he is blockaded/occupied have fun with that. Instead, I'm surprised max level black markets and high level trading ports/Town Halls aren't a thing (okay, granted, he could get away with like level 3 or 4 Town halls and keep the battle field to minimum sizes just because he should be able to be getting away with 4 action points on some of those colonies easily enough) with him. Instead of havinga whinge cause people saw a target and attacked it, he could have done what some of the top 10 players on the server do and just BUY AN ARMY pretty much instantly, he was advertising that his brand new trade alliance also supplied armies so I don't see what the big deal is. If he has ambrosia, and it's obvious he doesn't, he could just convert and donate/experiment off the excess and that'd make his attackers be getting nothing yet he'd still be developing.

I'm gonna put it out there right now - sub 1 million after 4 years of play, regardless of what you stand for, is ludicrously crap. It screams 'this player is a farm'. ven the hardcore fighters that seem to think theyc an last in perpetuality off of small accounts develop past the 2 million TS point inside of 4 years of playing, it's still ludicrously slow develpmenta nd not able to support yourself indefinitely if someone with 20 million+ comes along but even so low TS is a HUGE weakness, and low TS combined with long years of playing...heck, I have a multi I play once a week (sometimes more granted but not more then once a day), and it's what? half a year old or so, and it has 250k TS already and that's hardly trying at all. MosXero - spend 6 months developing on a hardcore level, you scream 'farm me' right now, and your board statements only emphasise you are a weak target. Buy an armya lready, if you don';t know how to use it properly go talk to your fighter customers who do and learn how to. It's not that hard and you won't get farmed silly.

In the meantime, WeddingDog and friends should hit ALL your colonies because then everyone else will be able to get in on a fire sale and get cheap res! That or just perma farm him, because you know he's sticking around and you know he currently can't fight. Projecting weakness to the boards, such a bad move.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • ducation Time: Brass Tacks

Damia wrote:

So, let me get this straight, and oh do please try to correct me if I'm wrong. However, this is the way that I see it, you like to insult people and alliances if they do not do as you command. And if you get attacked for it, rather than apologizing for your poor attitude, you start whining on the board with the claim that "I'm a trader, that's my game" and EXPECT others to defend your sorry hind end? Did you not realize this is a WAR game and that attacks are part of the game whether you choose to play that part or not? Do you not realize that you can not expect others to comply just because "you are a trader". And by your own words you have spent a good deal of money on being a trader. I'm just still trying to wrap my small brain around that, that someone would spend so much money, and I assume time, on remaining below 1 million points so that he can be an insulting jerk and then claim he's being bullied. And then manipulate others to fight for him. Do you fancy yourself a puppet master? Oh yes, but as some have already pointed out, including yourself, you bring so much to Ny. To which I have to respond, what? What have you brought, other than whines from the peanut gallery? Are others not able to send their people to the mills and mines? Are others not able to pillage goods from inactives and those who like to just horde goods? Do others not have alliance mates who are willing to trade with them, or even those in the alliance who help to supply when there is a war? I grow tired of your whines, so please be gone with you.
      You are nowhere near straight on this, and you are most certainly wrong. There is no need to TRY and correct you. This will be easier than making a million or more gold a day consistently in profit from selling goods, which I do like i`m getting paid real life money to do it.

I like Insulting People - False. Insults hurt butts, and butt hurts dont buy my goods. Hence, it`s absolutely ludicrous to assume I somehow enjoy, or partake often in insulting people.
      I have not commanded anything of anyone in this conflict. I have asked several times to be left alone, expressed multiple reasons as to the pointless of this whole thing, and have maintained a no retaliation policy openly throughout. I have skirmished defending my own ports only in this conflict.
      My trade operation relies a lot on networking, and being open about being trade specialized gives more people a reason to reach out to me, Sharing that I`m a trader is a reassurance to the players of the server that I am neutral, and not a threat. Trade insights can be used for military gains quite easily, and there can often be mistrust in early relationships. If your not a threat, people open up more freely. This isnt a debatable opinion, it`s a proven fact.

Who did I EXPECT to defend me? I have many friends from playing over the years who are good strong players. They know when they need me, i`m there with bells on... all they have to doi is ask. So, when i`m undersigned by a player almost 10x my TS, from an alliance that DGAF about it, I have no reservation about asking if any of my friends would lend a hand. The fact you missed that ASKING is not the same as EXPECTING doesn`t surprised me based on your commentary. I know everyones got their own thing going on, and may not be able to back me up, and that`s fine. I work with what I have, not what I want.

***Also, for clarification, not a single outside player has attacked WeddingDog, either at my towns or his, on my behalf. Not a one. ***

I do realize it`s a war game, hence why I can defend myself quite well when evenly matched, maybe even slightly over matched... but not 10x outmatched. That`s absurd. No one without a vendetta would even bother trying to lock me down. I`m spread out so far the travel times to get every place would be insane, and pointless outside of maybe an Alliance War... which this is not. I`m disappointed by DOoMs leadership assistance in ending the conflict, but I have not attacked or threatened or trade blocked a single member of their alliance. I have been nothing but cooperative wiithin reason.
      *** Asking me to apologize to my aggressor is not reasonable ***

By my own words? I do recall stating in a message to either DOoM or WeddingDog that I have spent some money on this account, and as one of the reasons I`m not quiting this account.. I fail to see where the whole `have spent a good deal of money` comes from. I`ve contributed maybe 200 Cdn Dollars over the 8 years I`ve been playing Ikariam. pretty much all of it was for few premiums, extra trade ships for large stock runs, speed boosts for those stock runs, and moving 1 MosCo colony to a better spot . back in Rho. Now time I have invested a lot of. Not to forcefully keep my self at a lower score just to be a jerk ( because that makes sense right...) and claim i`m being bullied.. but to operate the chain of stores I have, with a daily stock guarantee. I could justify using my 190 ships 5 times over in a single day when the business is running at peak. Most of the time, it;`s a 3 times a day turn over. MosCo is a business. It requires constant work and that takes time. I`ll go into more about account status in when it`s spidey`s turn to be educated.

Now this part I found absolutely delightful. I manipulate other players to fight for me eh? Well, considering no one has yet, and the only friend who involved themselves Diplomatically was THE HULK... you must mean I some how tricked the HULK into doing my bidding. I`m the HULK Whisperer... there shoiuld be a damn title for that
      or....
      Ive been a friend of GoCry and it`s membership since before there was a GoCry on NY. Many of it`s members came from Rho and Omikron just like I did. MosCo has always considered GoCry a prefered client, and GoCry knows Im there for anything they need... if they need it. It`s unreasonable to assume that I wouldnt contact them in emergency. This isnt manipulation, it`s the benefits of friendship.

What do I bring to NY? How about the first legitimate and proven successful business within the game of Ikariam. How about creating a network of stores across the server, making it possible with anyone with a trading post range of 10, who lives within 25 islands of center map, to have over a 90 percent chance of having a MosCo nearby to purchase goods. Goods that are restocked daily, to give everyone a chance to get what they need. I created MosCo to help the new players find a the goods they needs to keep playing and having fun. MosCo helps keep the server growing. MosCo makes outer map suppliers who are to far away from most of the buyers, make money by buying their bulk, and moving it to where the people are. MosCo has a trading post oversight of 60% of the total islands on the server, in the most densely populated area. My esitmates put me at being able to see 80% of every Resource and Arms offer on the server, at all times. I offer the knowledge this presents to VIPs, other traders looking to connect with buyers-sellers. Most importantly, I bring a Unique gaming style, which has already affected the way people trade in this game. There are MosCo influenced trade operation all throughout Ny, and other servers.

I bet if I went to my ocean view, spit on the screen, clicked on the island I spit on... there`d be 6 players on it just l;ike you. Carbon copies of the same play style. I`d rather be different and misunderstood, than just another warmonger. So i also bring an example of a different path to take for those who find the fighting uninspiring.

Ì haven`t whined an ounze on here, so please, if your willing to embarass yourself with terrible articulation and broke, misinformed commentary again, quote a recent thread on the matter and show me my whine. Enlighten me if you will. Ive already cleared up all your poorly thought misconceptions and misrepresentations with logic and truth, what else ya got got Damia?

Because the reason why people still come to me when they have so many other options, is because I do it better and bigger than anyone else.

So be gone with you, your ignorance is unsightly.
    • WeddingDog wrote:

Damia is exactly right!
      You've been playing this game since Dec 5, 2012. That's 4 & 1/2 yrs, and ur TS is 744k. You're staying small on purpose, so you can complain when someone responds militarily to ur insults.
      Hopefully people see through ur act. You have a gold stash... defend yourself, instead of trying to get others to do it for you, because "you're just a trader." This is a militaristic based game. Play it or stop complaining!

WeddingDog, I believe I quite clearly established that Damia was outstandingly wrong.

I`ve been playing Ikariam longer than Dec. 2012 bud. I`m like 8yrs deep now, starting on the EU server. My account is dedicated to the operation of MosCo, and is built to suit it`s function. I designed it from years of expertise developing internal supply systems for alliances..I hope you read this as loudly as I type.
      YOU THREATENED ME OVER TRADING POST PRICES
      YOU ATTACKED ME BECAUSE I STOOD UP TO YOUR IGNORANT INTRUSION INTO MY AFFAIRS.

Keep grasping at this bullcrap ìnsult excuse bud, it`s working great. Apparently, it`s expected that people be nice to you when you try to force them to play the way you want them to play. What kind of a selfish baby are you? How terrible of parents did you have to be raised with such demented views of social interaction? Who am I kidding, based on your actions, your parents are no doubt immensely disappointed in you.

( Now those were insults, and guess what, you still deserve them. Wanna cry about being butt hurt over these too? Your 10 ply bud)

People don`t need to see through anything, my bit is clear as day. TRADE! TRADE! TRADE! Make Profit, not War... or Make Profit off War, either way, CHING! CHING! CHING!.
      Now here`s where we get to the most important part of his comments. This is where he literally proves my point that he`s bullying me legitimately.

He says `You have a gold stash..... defend yourself`. That would take the majority of said Stash,to do because your 10x my size. This would force me to stop being a trader, and fight a battle I don`t want to fight. I`;m not here for you to get your rocks off on bud. I`m not here to be your sparing partner. Pick that fight with someone your own size who actually wants to waste gold and time with you.

Then he says `This is a militaristic based game. Play it or stop complaining` Once again LITERALLY telling me I have to play a certain way, or stay quiet while he harasses me because I want to play my way.

You can also be gone, with herpes, and diabetes that eventually takes a hand, foot and eye ball,,, while you die an old crotchety, lonely, sad excuse for a human being. Unloved, and Unmissed, forgotten for eternity...

( Since your already attacking my ports, and refuse to tell me what you want and when this is going to end, I guess I can actually insult you all I want now)
    • and now for Spidey,

Spidey Taak wrote:

I'm gonna disagree that this is a war game or a militaristic based game, if it was only that then it'd fall into many other browser games out there which you play and get bored of relatively quickly after subjugating everyone around and well it gets boring fast.

Ikariam is best described as a multifaceted strategy based expansionist game. Yes, war, armies, fleets, farming and out-maneuvering your chosen foes is a thing ingame, however, it is not the only approach. massive colony developmental approaches in building, research and dominating as well as trading are also aspects which can be played and indeed are played to the extreme on this server. But Ikariam is not just a war game. And that's why it has a large player base still despite us being in an age where free online gaming has evolved significantly beyond text on a screen plus a time element games which is essentially what Ikariam is.

I'm surprised mosXero is still sub-1 million TS. It's actually rather stupid in my opinion. He could have max colonies with max boosters and decent mines/mills all for a 6ish month investment of time - Ikariam is a long term game after all, nothing is achieved of note in the short term.

What this thread tells the server, and this is a key thing about Ikariam - advertisement of player status/reactions to certain situations - is that MosXero will drastically lower his prices in the vein hope he cans ell all his goods on colonies if he gets attacked. But if he is blockaded/occupied have fun with that. Instead, I'm surprised max level black markets and high level trading ports/Town Halls aren't a thing (okay, granted, he could get away with like level 3 or 4 Town halls and keep the battle field to minimum sizes just because he should be able to be getting away with 4 action points on some of those colonies easily enough) with him. Instead of havinga whinge cause people saw a target and attacked it, he could have done what some of the top 10 players on the server do and just BUY AN ARMY pretty much instantly, he was advertising that his brand new trade alliance also supplied armies so I don't see what the big deal is. If he has ambrosia, and it's obvious he doesn't, he could just convert and donate/experiment off the excess and that'd make his attackers be getting nothing yet he'd still be developing.

I'm gonna put it out there right now - sub 1 million after 4 years of play, regardless of what you stand for, is ludicrously crap. It screams 'this player is a farm'. ven the hardcore fighters that seem to think theyc an last in perpetuality off of small accounts develop past the 2 million TS point inside of 4 years of playing, it's still ludicrously slow develpmenta nd not able to support yourself indefinitely if someone with 20 million+ comes along but even so low TS is a HUGE weakness, and low TS combined with long years of playing...heck, I have a multi I play once a week (sometimes more granted but not more then once a day), and it's what? half a year old or so, and it has 250k TS already and that's hardly trying at all. MosXero - spend 6 months developing on a hardcore level, you scream 'farm me' right now, and your board statements only emphasise you are a weak target. Buy an armya lready, if you don';t know how to use it properly go talk to your fighter customers who do and learn how to. It's not that hard and you won't get farmed silly.

In the meantime, WeddingDog and friends should hit ALL your colonies because then everyone else will be able to get in on a fire sale and get cheap res! That or just perma farm him, because you know he's sticking around and you know he currently can't fight. Projecting weakness to the boards, such a bad move
      The super sale, was priced based, not quantity based, and the 2 MosCo`s having the sale, are well below safe levels. Also, I don`t sell Troops, I have the Black Markets I have to unload Spearmen for Population Restoration... yet another facet of MosCo`s operation you don`t understand.Why would I waste the resources on upgrading more than I need, when it serves no purpose other than spearmen. My trading ports are fast enough to get customers out in a fast amount of time, could be faster, but i;ll get there when it`s convenient and Marble demand is low.

I have bought armies before, in fact ive gone from 5k MS to a 80k MS in less than 48hrs before... but that doesnt make sense in this situation. I could blow a hundred mil easy, but why bother?

He;s attacking me because I insulted him when he threatened me. I`m supposed to just drain my account for your approval? HA! Eventually he will get bored a leave, they always do.

Can work with 4 actions point?!?!?! Once again another comment to show you don`t know what your talking about. On average I send 12-18 different stock loads between MosCo``s a day, not including my supplier runs for fill out my stock requires when demand is too high for me to keep up with personal production. I don`t mind this, because it gets me trading with more people than I would were my Mines up to your standard,,, but for me, not relevant. A lot of times, I`ve got 7-8 different loads coming from 1 MosCo to supply the others.

I DID NOT ADVERTISE THAT TRADE HAS ARMS DEALERS, TRADE IS SEEKING ARMS DEALERS TO JOIN THE COMPANY. TRADE`s long term goal is to provide all options for trading to its customers... but I just founded it, and there are only 2 different members, so we`re not quite there yet.

I dont need to dump resources, because I don`t normally get attacked because I don`t start fights, I keep my goods safe, and I usually have a decent defense force lying around in case things happen. I've been attacked by maybe a half dozen players Since MosCo started, outside of war. The reason that number is so small over so many years is because, unless you got a personal vendetta, i'm just not worth going after. I sit back, protect my goods and watch you waste money.

Your surprised? Really? Stupid eh? Being as low as I am allows larger players to donate stock to MosCo for free. Having access to free stock, which garners me the most profit is stupid? This is a business bro.

More importantly, the maximum 190 ships I have, and daily stocking requirements at the 6-7 MosCo locations each of my accounts has, is what limits my need to grow larger. Dont get me wrong, it wouldnt hurt to have 12 Colonies, but I couldnt stock that many daily without ambrosia, and im not spending that kind of money on the reggy. Truth is, I havent really upgraded outside of absolute dire need for 3yrs, because it hurts my business, and I only play because of the business.

Now, the addition of a second MosCo account on this servers incarnation, allows me more leeway at closing a MosCo branch for Upgrading, without feeling as bad about shorting offers for a region. So upgrading is planned, eventually.

Ive already explain some of the aspects for the limitation of my TS, and Im justified regardless of your opinion on the matter. I have not, am not, or ever been a farm, so we can put that nonsense to bed right now.This constant reiteration of my board posts making me look weak are only a matter of personal perception. I have proven time and time again that I might be a crappy fighter, but im not weak. Also, never been farmed either. So essentially the entirety of your paragraph is irrelevant dribble.

So, to close. Damia doesn`t know squat, WeddingDog is still harassing me over his displeasure of the way I responded to being threatened, and Spidey owes us all the time back for being decent enough humans beings to read his novellas of nonsense ;)
    • MosXerO... you are so out of touch!
      This is not about market prices, and anybody who reads ur posts can see it.
      And I don't care how long you say you've been playing this game. Your MosXerO account according to the website, which is the account we're discussing here, was established on Dec 5, 2012. Do the math! 4 & 1/2 yrs and ur total score is only 744k. So don't tell me I'm picking on a smaller player... you've been playing longer then I have!
      But most importantly, as ur insults & rhetoric have continued you have finally crossed the line. You should have never mentioned my parents, may they RIP. I will attack you every day going forward. It was not my intention to make you quit, but you might as well move ur accounts to a different server now!
    • Wow! Someone's panties got all up in a wad (and I'm not talking WD on that either) for all he wrote. Perhaps mos should see a doctor about that, wouldn't want you hurting something with how upset you've gotten yourself. Gonna be honest, I didn't read everything you wrote, I think I got lost right around the part you started talking something about insulting = butt hurts cuz I don't care about yours or anyone's else butt, kindly keep that info. to yourself. Will say I read your closing (that was funny) I love how you say spidey owes time for being so verbose and yet you wrote 3 books, lol. I highly doubt WD is attacking you for your prices, I'm thinking it's more about you being as rude as you seem to be and maybe the waste of time if he's read through all your words. And I "don't know squat", well, I might give that to you as I have never claimed to know much anyhow. I will let you know though that I enjoyed your five finger discount. ;)
    • All your material was just what I said in reverse Damia. You can chime in on the smear job, but you got nothing when challenged.

Your 10ply bud.

WeddingDog, the length of time on my account is irrelevant. Of that 4 1/2yrs, 4 of them were spent directly supplying my original .COM alliance, and building what would become MosCo, and maintaining its operation.

I have progressed, but Ive done it as a trade specialist. I went from 1 to 3 to 7 to 13 MosCo Market locations. Each merge, was a complete overhaul of that system to make it more customer friendly and accessible. Its not like being larger wouldnt be a benefit.

That takes a lot of personal growth sacrifice.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MosXerO ().

• ** Attention all who care **

An agreement to cease hostilities has been reach amicably between myself and WeddingDog.

Now, there is something left to be said on the matter. I was wrong mentioning WeddingDogs parents, who as it turns out are no longer with us. Truth be told, as soon as I realized I spoke ill of the dead, I disappointed myself greatly. 6 years ago my own mother committed suicide, and the pain of it hurts me everyday. To think that I could have rehashed that pain for someone else, fills me with shame. I sincerely apologize to WeddingDog for my commentary.

Out of all the things that could have lead us to a better understanding of each other, I never would have guess it would have been this.

That apology extends to anyone else who may be hurting for similar reasons. If you ever wanna talk about it, my inbox is always ready.
    • Although all death carries trauma with it, my parent's deaths were not from suicide. They were loving people, and I'm thankful during 20 yrs in the U.S. Marines (helicopter pilot) they were spared the trauma of having to bury a son! They never knew how close they came... it is a small blessing when sons are able to bury their parents instead.
      MosXerO... your apology is accepted. My regards to you as well.
    • ...because of the work to run them...
      Only reason. I would love to have a MosCo evey 10 square islands, but I dont want to spend the hours a day to stock them.

Im considering adding my own arms dealing account at some point if I cant find untagged producers to recruit for TRADE.