[Intermediate+] The Island [Game]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Whoops! Sorry to have kept you waiting, bam. If only I knew I would have posted that much sooner.

So, here we go:

1- I'm having real trouble organizing my day and especially getting my sleeping cycle back to normal.
      2- The wife started out as "helping out her sister" in this project and ended up a full partner. I hardly see her anymore.
      3- I'm not really sure if it's the service or my own PC, but the internet connection is so slow it's killing me
      4- To top it all, Zamalek drew at home to Ahli Tripoli and we are officially eliminated from the African Champions League. FTR: There hasn't even been a football league in Libya for like 5 years now and Ahli Tripoli play their "home" games in Tunisea.

So that's how bad I feel right now and that's the list of things that are causing it (well, the major items).

As for the read list of this game though; I don't have much faith in it. I mean, nothing is carved in stone, but O think it looks close to this:

Town: Drk, bam
      Town leans: Sharp, Maul
      Mixed emotions: Hari, SheepDog
      Torally NULL (!!!!!): FA
      Scum leans: Psycho, Hans

I'll also be working next on my all time best movies list for your enjoyment. You name it, I will do my best to deliver. :P
      I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• bakakadassa wrote:

Whoops! Sorry to have kept you waiting, bam. If only I knew I would have posted that much sooner.

So, here we go:

1- I'm having real trouble organizing my day and especially getting my sleeping cycle back to normal.
      2- The wife started out as "helping out her sister" in this project and ended up a full partner. I hardly see her anymore.
      3- I'm not really sure if it's the service or my own PC, but the internet connection is so slow it's killing me
      4- To top it all, Zamalek drew at home to Ahli Tripoli and we are officially eliminated from the African Champions League. FTR: There hasn't even been a football league in Libya for like 5 years now and Ahli Tripoli play their "home" games in Tunisea.

So that's how bad I feel right now and that's the list of things that are causing it (well, the major items).

As for the read list of this game though; I don't have much faith in it. I mean, nothing is carved in stone, but O think it looks close to this:

Town: Drk, bam
      Town leans: Sharp, Maul
      Mixed emotions: Hari, SheepDog
      Torally NULL (!!!!!): FA
      Scum leans: Psycho, Hans

I'll also be working next on my all time best movies list for your enjoyment. You name it, I will do my best to deliver. :P
      I really like this read list though lol

Just why psycho and hans are so strong scumreads? and considering that they both proved to be low hanging fruit before.

Sig by Kaleg Nar
    • I stand by my vote and my next vote will be bakakadassa. they are the only two who stand out like a sore thumb as being scum. if you read between the lines they are coming to each others rescue. and why would one not want the other killed. cause they are mafia scum and need each other. Im not going to explain my thought any other way. You all can fall in line behind me and make the first kill and know im correct. or make a mistake like killing hans or bam .
    • First of all I would like to apologise for my long absence and that this will be a longer post. In short I was going to post something Sunday morning but then forgot about it, had brunch plans, then I hit the gym and fell asleep after i hit the sauna and then on my way home from the gym I got invited to a BBQ party and I got home a bit late and didn't turn on my PC, was in a bit of a rush this morning and just now managed to check the game(Monday afternoon for me, I am in CET). Unless someone quickly replies to my post I probably wont be able to reply to it since I have plans this evening, but I will do my best to check the game in the morning tomorrow and be more active. Again sorry for my inactivity. I have just read the thread and updated my notes and I will try to reply to any questions that where asked of me, I don't think I missed any but if i did please just ask them again.

@Frozen Angel I should have asked that more specifically, I was wondering about SheepDog and Hans. To be honest I just shouldn't have been so lazy and looked at the mafia archive and I could have answered my own question.

Regarding my first post this day phase that has been addressed by multiple people. The spooning to me seemed to hint some sort of protection happening. I just listed Doc and Roleblock since they are the simplest role and i added the etc to cover more exotic things of that nature, otherwise that list would have been huge. Another assumption I made that was unwarranted is that the story contains clues, I haven't played a game in a while and for some reason i just assumed that. As for me sounding bitter I was still a bit annoyed that just as a good discussing was starting on day 1 it ended, and I wasn't able to contribute anything since the day ended 6 AM my time.

Since I have been accused of not posting anything of real substance, here are some of my reads
      TOWN:
      Maul: Is playing quite aggressive, but I am getting a town vibe from him, he doesn't really put up with any bs. I doubt that the mafia would play so aggressive. Plus the wagon forming on him has me a bit worried.
      Drk: Based on her emotional reaction on day 1, I pegged her as town and so far nothing has changed that, though she hasn't posted much since then(and was excused for that unlike me)
      Baka: I feel comfortable saying this since I think enough people have now plainly stated it in the thread, he seems to have some investigative role, though I am unsure what to make of some of his posts like #27 where he mentions everyone, it could just be spam but it was just a bit odd
      Frozen Angle: Very active and seems to take control of the direction a bit , which isn't necessarily a good thing though, but I think it is just a cause of her activity.

Undecided(players to so far have shown pro town and anti town traits to me):
      Bam; I don't have a proper read on him and from past games I played with him not much has changed, he also doesn't seem to be contributing much
      Psycho: Is all over the place like always, though he continued spamming in day #2 which annoys me a bit.

AntiTown:
      Sharpe12: His first post this day annoyed me and rubbed me the wrong way and then him refusing to answer Mauls pushing pinged for me. I also find it odd that shortly after psycho voted for him, he seemed to jump on to add his vote just because Maul was pushing him.
      Hans: He hasn't posted much today, but he did vote for maul, which puts Maul at L-2 in less than 24 hours, it just seems a bit fishy to me. (this isn't a strong anti town read but just enough to get on the list)

No proper read(people whose posts I found of little content):
      SheepDog: His post about no spam votes past 24 hours day 1 was the only one that i really got a read on for the rest it seems to be little original content

May read list is a bit too much shaped on the wagon forming on maul, but this was one of the most significant thing that popped out at me from the thread.

@HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU @SheepDog Could you give us a read list even if it is just a preliminary one?
      @Frozen Angel Could you give us a read list?
      @PsYcHoTiGeR I have read the thread and I can't see where baka and Maul are coming to each others rescue could you give some post #s?
      @bakakadassa In your readlist you mentioned "Torally NULL (!!!!!): FA" does this mean you have no read on her?
      @Kaleg Nar Could we get a new Vote Count? and thanks for granting the extension.
      @Everyone does somebody know how to read all the posts from one user in a thread, not just section but a specific thread and the whole post not just a snippet?
    • Thank you for making me the main discussion of the day, quite an honour.

Problem Is, it means the baddies are escaping under the "I don't like him (psycho p118) banner."
      AND you still haven't given a real, game based reason for your vote, you stand by it (p145) but why???

And

"Mauls being aggressive to me (Sharpe p124) so I'm going to vote for him!" (paraphrased)
      Sharpie, did you stick your tongue out when you made that post?
      No, I haven't been pushing you anyway near hard enough, yet. Psycho seems to have taking to deflecting for you.

So, I have 2 people who wont answer my questions.
      Psycho just seems to be being ignorant to the point and Sharpie thinks he's above answering questions (p126)
      so I don't see the need to make any more posts until they do.

Vote stands on Sharpe, Psycho is an equal choice as both are acting incredibly anti-town.

• Now for the rest.....

PsYcHoTiGeR wrote:

Im voting towards MaulICE. at this point. He is the only one being hostile
      You are voting for someone for being hostile? He is pretty much doing the same thing that I was doing the last game when I was going after you. Was I hostile? Find something better....this is starting to look like a OMGUS vote more than anything.

Sharpe12 wrote:

I have to say Maul is being noticeably more aggressive than I've picked up on before, so I'm suggesting either an overcompensation to seem innocent or PMS

So vote Maul
      This also seems like a OMGUS vote. I haven't played all that many games with Maul, but he is being his usual self. I don't fine him any more aggressive than usual.

SheepDog wrote:

maybe i wasnt clear i was agreeing with what baka said.
      I find this just a tad interesting. Can't quite put it together yet, but this sticks out to me.

bamcbix wrote:

@DrkAngel anyone, everyone that agrees with that ideology.
      I had a feeling that was the case. Thanks for clarifying.

Frozen Angel wrote:

I really like this read list though lol
      Why do you like this list? Because he has no read on you at all?

PsYcHoTiGeR wrote:

if you read between the lines they are coming to each others rescue. and why would one not want the other killed. cause they are mafia scum and need each other. Im not going to explain my thought any other way.
      While I like that you are expanding your thought, can you please show me where they are coming to each other's rescue? I went back and looked and I don't see it.

Hari Seldon wrote:

Psycho: Is all over the place like always, though he continued spamming in day #2 which annoys me a bit.
      I find it odd that you notice this, but not from anyone else. I can name someone else that stands out but I will address that a little bit later.

MaulICE wrote:

Psycho seems to have taking to deflecting for you.
      While I see why you are doing this (and btw, I completely agree with you about it), but I feel that you are going down the same path that I did in the last game. I almost got hanged for it too.

Finally caught up....

Does anyone else notice that Baka says a lot without really saying anything at all? All of his posts seem to be full of fluff...the English as a second language, the games that he is talking about (I am assuming soccer, but I am not completely sure...and I really don't care). I could add the bits about the island references, but I am going to chalk that up to it being tied to the story and I know that he is good with words.

Also, I am still concerned about why he wasn't so concerned why FA hadn't checked in after 48 hours into day 1. Granted, she did show up, but he wasn't all that worried about it.

While I know that it's not a whole lot to go on, but it is what is sticking out in my head.

Vote Baka
    • @FA: Just because Psycho/Hans are usually low hanging fruit doesn't mean they should be spared/excused for their actions. I mean, look at Psycho's post just below yours. He is not playing Mafia still, but being excessively defensive and OMGUSy as hell. You know that whoever's play style is to suspect bacj whomever suspects them is 50% Scum and 50% Town who will be detrimental to Town win con in later stages. I prefer to remove Psycho from the game sooner than later.

Hans is simply coasting by. Sure, he is posting but what substance did he provide? I also didn't like his 122 much. Even if he did believe I was a Cop he shouldn't have mentioned it so blatantly. If he was just joking though it's absurd to still be joking about the subject on D2 and his whole comment directed at me is meaningless and serves no purpose.

As for bam, there are many hints of him being Town, but let me just bring up one that is obvious (to me): he was the first one to request an extension. He cares about us getting a lynch today, and not just about any lynch. He has a point suspecting Hari (I do not fully agree, but it's a still a valid point). Overall, I I feel like he's not being too hostile/agressive and yet not passive/coasting and he certainly isn't just posting for the mere sake of it.

@Hari: Yes. FA is a mystery to me at this game. She changed her play style and although I'm getting some positive vibes from her play the mere fact that this isn't her usual play style is giving me pause. Let me say this again: this isn't FA's usual play. Not her Town play and not her scum play. She feels more relaxed than she usually is as either alignment.

@Drk: You're skimming but not reading. If my posts were "all fluff" how come people are interacting with me and asking me questions about their content? And how come some thing I'm an investigative while others think I'm defending someone in particular? I can't see how fluff gets all those reactions and responses. Try again.

@Psycho: The idea of pairing me with just about anyone in this game is so ridiculous it hurts. I mean, knowing "something" about my own play style I would suggest the only one that fits my profile is FA, but then I've explained why she is at a total Null to me. I don't put my scum buddies at the top of my read lists unless they are actually controlling the game.

Let me elaborate: Maul is a prime candidate for lynch still. You think I'd be all out defending him? So what happens if he does get flipped? I'd be toast. So, if you really think I'm scum then Maul must be Town for me to defend him so blatantly (I'm using your own view, as I don't think I "defended" him that strong just yet).

That being said, and seeing the words OMGUS is being discussed, I would like to introduce you to a new concept that is also relevant: preemptive OMGUS: The case of voting someone who had expressed will to vote you before they do, that beating them to the act and making theirs look like an OMGUS vote to yours. :P

vote: Psycho

• Interesting that you're getting hints of town from bam. If anything I'd say he's even worse than me at making unexplained accusations, and he has been somewhat absent. Knowing bam, I wouldn't say him requesting an extension is a town move either, it could just as easily be someone trying to ensure a lynch, who is reasonably confident of a townie being lynched.

I'd also like to challenge Drks comment that all I do is insult people, I haven't insulted anyone, except a cheeky punt at Maul.
      :gyrocopter-ani:
      BaM - Definition, bad at Mafia
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • @hari I surely can ^^ The question is why should I do that at this stage and why you're asking for it?

There are people in this game that i won't ever vote again (and they will laugh at me if I name them :) ) and there are a bunch of people who I'm trying to observe more closely.

@DRK I'm confused why you think baka not being concerned enough about my disapoearence means anything again? though i didn't get that impression (that he wasn't concerned) where is that coming from?

@Baka lets assume I wasn't changed. There is no difference that you ever noticed in my town games or scum games. I don't understand the point you're making about metaing me

I was working to change my play style for a long time. I successfully started to do that starting this game : forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71931

I'm going to post more tonight. just need a few hours break - i just came home.

Sig by Kaleg Nar
    • @FA: You emotions, my dear. You had genuine emotions as town and although you faked them pretty good as scum it could still be found out for someone who paid much attention. It's like RC rage replacing out. He only actually does replace out as town, but he retracts it eventually as scum.