**Announcing Beta's First Loot-A-Thon** - contest with prizes - sponsored by Crew

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • We put together a small team to even up the numbers. You had GOG and CREW ganging up on a smaller alliance, UPD. We said, let's help with a small task force like we have done before. We heard these alliances were tough (haha). Anyway, they aren't much of a challenge and are losing badly. This thread is just a sad attempt to cry wolf to the rest of the server.
    • I didn't have Crew and GOG doing anything. I actually tried to make peace between Crew and Jedi when this whole thing started. I don't know what happened, Felix said it was one way and Godfather said it was another. I wasn't there so I can't say.

      I do know that I have friends on both sides of the conflict and that I have my own enemies to fight. You'll notice that HELL isn't participating in the lootathon nor do we have any intention of doing so. I told Felix that if he wanted to use his multis to fight GOG/Crew that he couldn't do it under the HELL tag, and I've told other players that if they want to fight Jedi they also cannot do it under the HELL tag.
    • I still say that the lootathon was a brilliant maneuver and one that capitalizes on the inherent difficulties on running multi alliances. Not the getting other people to participate part, I really don't see that working, but the attack on the remaining alliances after Jedi was formed. The only real way to counter it would be to merge. Might I suggest Bloody Bob? BBOB? Something like that? And you can incorporate SMILE into the logo.

    • JuneBarcarolle wrote:

      So you're asking the rest of beta to go pillage the friends of the people you're fighting? If you have that big of beef with them, why don't you do it yourself? If you want them punished, why not do it yourself?

      I have no objection to wars, or even unprovoked ones as long as it's an even fight. But you should at least have the decency to do your own dirtywork. It's one thing to hire mercs for a war. It's another to (try to) hire the rest of the server to go after your enemy's friends. That's pretty pathetic.

      And you never did answer my question: Are you saying that the people you're trying to have pillaged are not allowed to show that they're fighting back?
      I've not asked anyone to do anything. I've thrown a contest. Participation is voluntary. I could have told no one and just started hitting these people. I was pulling four million resources per town quietly from UNBOB towns. I could have spent weeks doing this, building GRs. But instead I shared the wealth. I let the whole server know where free resources were. And not only did I not ask for anything in return, I offered prizes. What balls to give me crap for it. If you don't like free loot and fun games for prizes, I'm sure the next forum thread talking about what you watched on tv tonight will keep you entertained.

      I haven't decalred war on someone in years, and I doubt I ever will again. With the bashing rule gone, there's no point. If I go to war, it's to win, not to show off on the forum.

      I did answer your question, you just didn't like the answer, so asked again, because you seem to have an agenda. I have no control over what threads people start. BUS (as Alhazred as dubbed them) can start a thread, just like Jedi did today, and fill it with any CRs they want. They simply won't count towards this contest, because the Loot-A-Thon is about taking resources from the BUS.

      JuneBarcarolle wrote:

      I'm not saying Crew shouldn't be attacking them. Quite the contrary. If Crew has a problem with those alliances, then they should be going after them. Instead they're trying to bribe everyone else into doing their "fighting." It's their fight, not the rest of the server's. If UnBob, BE, and SMILE are as farmy and defenseless as Crew is insinuating, then Crew really shouldn't need to ask the rest of the server to attack them.

      I don't consider this "brilliant" at all. It's cowardly. What self-respecting fighting alliance needs to bribe dozens of other alliances (i.e. the rest of the server) to go pillage their enemy's "Farms"?
      To be clear, we are NOT a fighting alliance. We're pirates. We lie, cheat and steal. We pillage. The last thing I want is a fair fight. I have no interest what so ever in making troops and then sending them at another guy who also made troops for the same purpose. At that point, it becomes a game of who can farm sulfur faster. Guess what? The guys with a couple hundred farms supplying them win that game. And I get nothing for my trouble. I'm interested in taking resources, and competing with others who have the same goal. Our external is a giant pirate ship flying a Jolly Rodger. What did you think we had planned?
    • iniquity wrote:

      Ben Kenobi wrote:

      By what measures are you winning? The new math? Baghdad Bob's? Do I really need to post these crs and the other 80 winning crs we have since joining this fight? Here's a sample from the last 24 hours alone...
      AJB Pillages Crew
      Most of the players listed in that link are not in my alliance. The only one who is is O Cool. He's a 130k account who only plays the Piracy game. He finished #8 today btw. So I guess good job pillaging him?

      Ben Kenobi wrote:

      Your formerly great alliances have been found sadly lacking. All your guys do is run their mouths then run to vmode. The 14 of us are fighting at about 1/4 speed right now for lack of targets. And it was just 14 members of JEDI who decided to even up the numbers in your two alliances versus one alliance fight when the 14 of us joined. It was you who decided to take on two more alliances then whine about how outnumbered you are.
      You're literally here running your mouth right now. This thread isn't even about you guys, it's about the Loot-A-Thon. But you feel such a need to win the forum war since you can't win the actual war, that you're in here crap posting. Know what's going really well for us? The Loot-A-Thon. I've never before pulled 3 million resources from a single town before. This guy's a loot pinata. If you want to have relevant comments for this thread, you should start attacking these guys. I know you're in Jedi, but you're technically eligible for the contest.


      So you are saying that the following players with the CREW tag are not your members that I pillaged. Everyone can look at the CR thread and compare the list of pillage of towns and resources that Ben Kenobi provided to the CR thread for the names of the CREW members pillaged.


      Ikariam.pngIkariam1.pngIkariam2.png

      The post was edited 4 times, last by almondjoybar ().

    • iniquity wrote:

      JuneBarcarolle wrote:

      So you're asking the rest of beta to go pillage the friends of the people you're fighting? If you have that big of beef with them, why don't you do it yourself? If you want them punished, why not do it yourself?

      I have no objection to wars, or even unprovoked ones as long as it's an even fight. But you should at least have the decency to do your own dirtywork. It's one thing to hire mercs for a war. It's another to (try to) hire the rest of the server to go after your enemy's friends. That's pretty pathetic.

      And you never did answer my question: Are you saying that the people you're trying to have pillaged are not allowed to show that they're fighting back?
      I've not asked anyone to do anything. I've thrown a contest. Participation is voluntary. I could have told no one and just started hitting these people. I was pulling four million resources per town quietly from UNBOB towns. I could have spent weeks doing this, building GRs. But instead I shared the wealth. I let the whole server know where free resources were. And not only did I not ask for anything in return, I offered prizes. What balls to give me crap for it. If you don't like free loot and fun games for prizes, I'm sure the next forum thread talking about what you watched on tv tonight will keep you entertained.
      I haven't decalred war on someone in years, and I doubt I ever will again. With the bashing rule gone, there's no point. If I go to war, it's to win, not to show off on the forum.

      I did answer your question, you just didn't like the answer, so asked again, because you seem to have an agenda. I have no control over what threads people start. BUS (as Alhazred as dubbed them) can start a thread, just like Jedi did today, and fill it with any CRs they want. They simply won't count towards this contest, because the Loot-A-Thon is about taking resources from the BUS.

      JuneBarcarolle wrote:

      I'm not saying Crew shouldn't be attacking them. Quite the contrary. If Crew has a problem with those alliances, then they should be going after them. Instead they're trying to bribe everyone else into doing their "fighting." It's their fight, not the rest of the server's. If UnBob, BE, and SMILE are as farmy and defenseless as Crew is insinuating, then Crew really shouldn't need to ask the rest of the server to attack them.

      I don't consider this "brilliant" at all. It's cowardly. What self-respecting fighting alliance needs to bribe dozens of other alliances (i.e. the rest of the server) to go pillage their enemy's "Farms"?
      To be clear, we are NOT a fighting alliance. We're pirates. We lie, cheat and steal. We pillage. The last thing I want is a fair fight. I have no interest what so ever in making troops and then sending them at another guy who also made troops for the same purpose. At that point, it becomes a game of who can farm sulfur faster. Guess what? The guys with a couple hundred farms supplying them win that game. And I get nothing for my trouble. I'm interested in taking resources, and competing with others who have the same goal. Our external is a giant pirate ship flying a Jolly Rodger. What did you think we had planned?
      INIQUITY I DID NOT SAY YOU CAN TALK SO GET OUT MY THREAD DO WHAT YOUR MASTER TELLS YOU
    • iniquity wrote:

      To be clear, we are NOT a fighting alliance. We're pirates. We lie, cheat and steal. We pillage. The last thing I want is a fair fight. I have no interest what so ever in making troops and then sending them at another guy who also made troops for the same purpose.
      I see. Then apparently the Crew that used to be on Beta no longer exists. ;(


      I never thought dave and everyone would go down the Death to Beta path, but hey I've been wrong before. Celia would be proud.

      sig by Checkmate

      I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • JuneBarcarolle wrote:

      I see. Then apparently the Crew that used to be on Beta no longer exists. ;(

      I never thought dave and everyone would go down the Death to Beta path, but hey I've been wrong before. Celia would be proud.
      Nothing has happened on Beta in a very long time, unless you're one of the four people in that endless war to kill Hunter. Surely you'd like to see Beta be more than a boring game of shipping wine until you get bored and quit. You're going to see us completely redefine Beta, this is just the beginning.
    • Death to Beta, driving new players from the game, bullying others is not the kind of change I'd get behind. Lying, cheating, and avoiding fair fights is hardly an improvement. But I understand. You are the same as you were 2 years ago when you were behind the whole Death to Beta. No thanks.

      There has always been more to this game than shipping wine or clicking pirate raids. It just requires some effort instead waiting for someone else to bring your excitement to you. :P I've played this game for 9 years and have never had a problem stirring up some action if that's what I was in the mood for. I've made some pretty good friends over the years, which is the biggest driving of this game. I've also made quite a few enemies over the years, which is fine. A little animosity keeps things interesting. :) When you start driving out players to rid the server of "lazy people" or "sim players" or whatever other labels people have come up with, that's when the game gets boring.

      sig by Checkmate

      I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • JuneBarcarolle wrote:

      Death to Beta, driving new players from the game, bullying others is not the kind of change I'd get behind. Lying, cheating, and avoiding fair fights is hardly an improvement. But I understand. You are the same as you were 2 years ago when you were behind the whole Death to Beta. No thanks.

      There has always been more to this game than shipping wine or clicking pirate raids. It just requires some effort instead waiting for someone else to bring your excitement to you. :P I've played this game for 9 years and have never had a problem stirring up some action if that's what I was in the mood for. I've made some pretty good friends over the years, which is the biggest driving of this game. I've also made quite a few enemies over the years, which is fine. A little animosity keeps things interesting. :) When you start driving out players to rid the server of "lazy people" or "sim players" or whatever other labels people have come up with, that's when the game gets boring.
      It was Death to Gamma for the better part of a decade before that. Why change something when it works? I'm not trying to drive out certain types of players, I'm trying to drive them all out. Death to Beta is literal, I'd like the server deleted.
    • June;

      Death to BETA was me, in fact iniquity was banned the entire when i was preaching death to beta.

      Since CREW and GOG merged Dave has since returned the game, this is an achievement, we gained a loved player (as a community) regardless of the path he decides to go down and unlike MOST alliances you don't hear about the multi drama.

      If anyone killed the game it is the multis who have inability to pick a side so they play all, when is the last time CREW multi attacked a player with multiple accounts from 3 difference alliances? NEVER.

      When is the last time JEDI threatened players with this action? Less than a week.


      Meow
    • That's actually pretty much how all of this got started. BL34, one of our smaller players who's score was around 475,000 at the time, got into it with an island mate of similar size. No big deal. That goes on for a few weeks and turns into 5 and 6 on 1. At that time BL asked me to get involved. I moved a town out there took care of business.

      At that point thejokerz is not only engaged in the fighting but threatening me with his multis of Felix and redneck. He made good on that threat so iniquity got involved. Fill in a few battles and some pillaging here... I suppose things weren't going Felix's way as next thing I knew Jedi forms from fighters of 4 different alliances and is hitting us. That's fine too, whatever. Beats shipping wine once a day right?

      But then!!! The pure genius that is Iniquity came to life in beta. From the ashes of a dead server dominated by multis who simply rig the piracy game and move wine around came.....the LootAthon!
    • The Godfather wrote:

      That's actually pretty much how all of this got started. BL34, one of our smaller players who's score was around 475,000 at the time, got into it with an island mate of similar size. No big deal. That goes on for a few weeks and turns into 5 and 6 on 1. At that time BL asked me to get involved. I moved a town out there took care of business.

      At that point thejokerz is not only engaged in the fighting but threatening me with his multis of Felix and redneck. He made good on that threat so iniquity got involved. Fill in a few battles and some pillaging here... I suppose things weren't going Felix's way as next thing I knew Jedi forms from fighters of 4 different alliances and is hitting us. That's fine too, whatever. Beats shipping wine once a day right?

      But then!!! The pure genius that is Iniquity came to life in beta. From the ashes of a dead server dominated by multis who simply rig the piracy game and move wine around came.....the LootAthon!
      ITS FUNNY HOW YOU HAVE TO LIE IT WAS NEVER A 5V1 OR A 6V1 BAHAHAHAHA ANOTHER THING I NEVER THREATNEND YOU WITH MY MULTIS YOU NEVER KNEW I HAD MULTIS PLEASE IF YOUR GONNA LIE MAKE SURE ITS A GOOD ONE