New Miracle Zeus

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Miracle Zeus

A friend asked me to post this idea of his for the game, originally it is for Ikariam EN server, Eirene, but I suppose I can show it to you and wait for thoughts. It is an idea of a new Miracle for defenders and well if you need some idea for miracle statue look, make it look like a hand holding a thunder. This Miracle is mostly for players who like "trooping-up" from day 1 of the gameplay.

ZEUS
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > level 1 - destroys 20 front line troops attacking your city
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Level 2 - destroys 30 front line and 30 flank troops
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > Level 3 - destroys 120 front, 60 flank and 35 2nd line troops
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > level 4 - destroys 250 front, 200 flank, 70 2nd line and 70 3rd line troops
      > > > > > >
      > > > > > > level 5 - destroys 750 front, 500 flank, 210 2nd line, 90 3rd line and up to 200 airborne units

Enemy troops won't be scattered or forced to back off, they will be killed and smallest cooldown would be 7 days because of the miracle's power. I think it is an interesting idea and I would love to hear some thoughts from GO's
    • I was tempted to deny this suggestion outright but some form of Defensive miracle might be workable, just not in this iteration so moving this to brainstorming.

Here are some of the issues as I see them from the dead end ideas thread:

Any suggestion that would completely nullify the need to have/use anything currently in the game.
      If your suggest removes the purpose of an aspect of the game - removing the need for it - it ruins game balance.

Examples:
      • Suggesting "better" stats for low units
        Low units are supposed to be low units. They cost relatively little to obtain/maintain, and are designed as filler until you advance enough to build something better. Suggesting a "better unit" which has no abilities not already represented by another pre-existing, higher-end unit is an exercise in futility.

• Suggesting a new unit/building that removes the need for another pre-existing unit/building
        The whole game is deliberately balanced. Make sure your proposed unit or building does not upset that balance by being too powerful or not having a drawback of some kind.

• Anything that similarly disrupts game balance
        This includes suggestions for game-play features only useful for new players, since the suggestion becomes obsolete as the player progresses.

What you're proposing is that this miracle would be even more powerful than the wall and completely ignores the damage causing nature of the wall vs. total killing off of units. I don't really think it's possible without having it cause damage rather than sudden kill units, let alone it being necessary or an improvement to the game.

Anything that increases the gap between the stronger and the weaker
      This includes things like a super research or workshop upgrade that increases all stats for an army. Things like this would upset the already delicate balance of the worlds.
      Big players can already build big walls that do a TON of damage, are you sure it's a good idea to also give them this in their arsenal to defend themselves? If not what would be your method of reducing it to scale as someone got larger?

Other things to consider would be - what would be a reasonable cooldown for the wonder? How would it affect morale?

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahabahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha it's been a while since I've been so speechless over such a terrible idea. You get a Zer0.. might need to go over to .org and give you a Zer0 there too since typically they're less intelligent there.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • It's a small nuclear bomb. Hit the shiny wonder button and kill 1300 enemy troops? Nah. If you want to seriously mess with people who are attacking, why not ask for a wonder that deactivates everyone's forges in a battle? Level the playing field for people who don't have lots of forges.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • I thought of reducing troop number, by my opinion should be 1/3 of the troops, but it wasn't my idea, like I said it is an idea of player who has no board account, so he asked me to put it here.

Well, it should be able to work as colossus, with minimum cool-down of 7 days or that every player can have maximum of 2 of Zeus wonders. It will work in one round after town was hit by enemy troops, so if troops are still not attacking the town and you activate it it won't have effect and player will have to wait another 7 Days or 10 days to use it again, it is kind of an emergency diffense.

Also here are new powers by level 1-5:

Level 1
      - destroys 20 front line units that are attacking the town
      Level 2
      - destroys 30 front line units, 20 flank units and 7 2nd line units that are attacking the town
      Level 3
      - destroys 80 front line troops, 30 flank units and 21 2nd line units that are attacking the town
      Level 4
      - destoys 120 front line troops, 40 flank units and 36 2nd line units that are attacking the town
      Level 5
      - destroys 160 front line troops, 50 flank units and 48 2nd line units that are attacking the town

Front line troops - hoplite, spearman
      flank units - swordman
      2nd line - archer, sulfur carabeener

This will let players grow a little before fighting, because most players are attacked from day they no more have liberty icon by their town and are forced to leave the game because of constant attacking.

Anyway want to hear from you about this after making it into something reasonable. :)
    • Ari wrote:

Level 1
      - destroys 20 front line units that are attacking the town
      Level 2
      - destroys 30 front line units, 20 flank units and 7 2nd line units that are attacking the town
      Level 3
      - destroys 80 front line troops, 30 flank units and 21 2nd line units that are attacking the town
      Level 4
      - destoys 120 front line troops, 40 flank units and 36 2nd line units that are attacking the town
      Level 5
      - destroys 160 front line troops, 50 flank units and 48 2nd line units that are attacking the town

Front line troops - hoplite, spearman
      flank units - swordman
      2nd line - archer, sulfur carabeener

By the time a new player has reached the point to where they can build a temple and afford to keep the faith at 100%, this amount of "firepower" would be useless for fights against players their own size. If a large player was insistent on attacking them, the level 5 ability would be beyond worthless. 160+50+48 = 258 troops. Personally I misplace that many troops on a regular basis.

Ari wrote:

This will let players grow a little before fighting, because most players are attacked from day they no more have liberty icon by their town and are forced to leave the game because of constant attacking.

Anyway want to hear from you about this after making it into something reasonable.

The way to encourage new players with those tiny accounts to defend themselves against attackers is to teach them how to fight, not hand them a crutch. (In this case it's not even a good one.) The barbarian village is there for a reason. New players can also reach out to other players and get advice, support, and possibly protection. (Who here doesn't enjoy beating up a deserving bully ingame? :evilgrin: )

Also, as a side note, spearmen are technically flankers, not frontline. Hoplites and Steam Giants are the 2 frontline units. Swords and spears are flankers.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats