Have things changed this much?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I tried to get some guys to make Boreas and ask server active just never got there I guess...... Hard to keep doing it with so many servers popping up.

Back in the day you logged in and you were shocked if there was less than 15 people online in this area.... Now if 15 people jumped on the server here might now be powerful enough to hold them all.
    • Loach wrote:

I quess it's been a couple of years since I've played, but I didn't expect the forum to be so quiet or the world to have quite so many bots populating it...
      Yeah its pretty bad... especially the forum. There certainly are enough active players ingame to make the forum active, but there just seems to be no interest.

Thanks to Ratna for the fantastic sig!
    • Byz43 wrote:

Loach wrote:

I quess it's been a couple of years since I've played, but I didn't expect the forum to be so quiet or the world to have quite so many bots populating it...
      Yeah its pretty bad... especially the forum. There certainly are enough active players ingame to make the forum active, but there just seems to be no interest.
      I think if the game/forum worked better (or easier) together where you could use the same account in game quickly on here it would work better. To many different things to go to.
    • That would certainly help, or just generally integrating the features of the forum with those ingame (which you sort of indirectly said).
      But the problem I had in mind when I suggested that there was no interest is better explained by the audience this game attracts. Just from talking with players from Boreas, the majority of players are either returning players from years ago, or are ESL (English as a second language) players. Of those that I do make contact with, the majority are either casual players with not much time to play, do not speak English well enough to sustain a prolonged conversation, or just don't respond with no explanation (presumably from either the two prior reasons, or because they don't like to be bothered by some random gamer :P ). If this observation is correct, is there any way to make the forums and/or game more appealing to this respective audience? I'm thinking unfortunately not, due to the average ikariam gamer's constraints.... but that's just my opinion. :D

Thanks to Ratna for the fantastic sig!