HFX leadership failure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Alhazred wrote:

I don't know where you were lurking MrO but you obviously didn't read a damn thing on the boards during that time if you truly don't understand why Sober has burned bridges with a lot of players here.

Well I used to play Gamma. So, I used to read Gamma. Now I lurk around here, but not from too long ago.

All I can see here is a lot of people taking things too seriously. I used to get my entertainment dose from people playing real role-playing, not from whiners complaining about 'being bullied' or 'attacked' or whatever else some people like to complain about on multiplayer internet games.

From what I gather in this very thread, Sober seems to have, what, posted khaleesi's real name on the boards? Like that, out of the blue? Also, was it accompanied by a real life threat, or a real life address or phone number? or real life picture? I mean, to make it really, like, reaaaally dangerous for her? Don't get me wrong, it's abusive to do so, but what if I told you my real life name was Toni Mozarella or John Smith or Kobi Taylor, what can you make of it?

As I said, I don't have all the info. What I know for a fact is that Sober on Gamma was a nice guy playing a game with a nice bunch of fellows, in an alliance not too piratey like some others (including personal favourites like TWLi, UIN, Horde and SOS), not too whiney and sheepy (like UTG and a few others), strong and well versed in the game, and putting good shows in game as well as on the boards. In here on Beta, what I have read until now is Sober being crapped on by at least 3 or 4 people following him too closely with childish and pushy posts to allow him to react any differently; some seem to do it because they have personal beefs with him (so, getting personal in a game), others because he is in a certain alliance, defending a certain player that people don't like because they're from a certain country or whatnot, and others because they root with the former ones. I cannot collect enough data to make me share all this hatred that seems to go way beyond playing a virtual game with people you do *not* really know outside of the realm of the internet (unless you are friends in real life too).
    • As I said, just passing by and gave my two cents. I am not too interested to actively debate this topic, I've got far better things to do.
      Perhaps one day we could discuss other things of shared interest like our favourite ac/dc hits. This would make both our juices flow, not only yours.
    • Clever :)

I am partial to the highway to hell album. A couple of titles on there would even be worth using for your little game here, that is, if I still played and was interested in giving you blood and walking all over you.

Anyway, you kids have fun, bye bye!
    • Why Does Huge Farm eXchange Even Exist?

The whole point of an alliance is to help each other out in times of need. Looking at the HELL vrs HFX thread, it is apparent that there is absolutely no organized response to Huge Farm eXchange members being farmed at will by HELL. In fact, there is not even an unorganized response from Huge Farm eXchange. Their "leadership" does absolutely nothing for membership, so why do their members remain in this non-alliance?

Members of Huge Farm eXchange, leave this useless alliance and join one of the other top 10 alliances. The leaders of these other alliances will actually try to help you, instead of what Huge Farm eXchange "leaders" do (they threaten you if you try to leave Huge Farm eXchange).

There is really no point to belong to an alliance whose "leaders" only see what you can do for them, instead of what they can do for you.
      Revenge is not a dish best served cold. Revenge is a dish best served at 3 million degrees Celcius.
    • That lack of organization is one of the reasons Tiger and Hunter spent so many years trying to recruit me for HFX. I was the first one to update their external page in years. I took their 99 different alliance ranks and trimmed it down to something useful. And I coordinated the entire GHOST/BE/(etc) war for HFX after we merged to Beta. Honestly that's why Tiger's betrayal caught me so off guard. I thought he was my friend, but from a practical point of view I knew he had alienated every other competent player in the game. Like, I was his last hope. He needed me to actually run HFX while he ran around promoting the brand. I had HFX down to a fighting-trim 60 players, I had them all organized to make use of whatever they had to offer, and I coordinated the military interactions between them. Then Nawlins comes in and the alliance bloats up to 150 farms.

Nawlins loves farms, for the same reasons he loves inactives and multis and cheats. He uses them and sacrifices them. He doesn't care if his players are getting attacked, because as long as his players are getting attacked people are too busy to attack him. I don't know how many of you read Spidey's novel on the subject but this is what Nawlins does everywhere, not just Beta. He's toxic. That's why Nawlins won't agree to my reasonable terms - he doesn't care what happens to HFX. He's going to sit there turtled up collecting his free Leader resources and hoarding gold until it's just him and his multis. So I guess we'll just have to get him to that point.
    • CoUstes wrote:

The whole point of an alliance is to help each other out in times of need.

I think you're missing a word there. The whole point of a good alliance is to help each other..... Some alliances exist for less mutually beneficial reasons. ;(

In my experience, the alliances that aren't there to help out their members eventually lose the worthwhile members. Sometimes the alliance drops in rank due to an exodus, other times it simply becomes a high TS collection of tag leeches and farms who just don't care about their teammates. I'm pretty sure everyone posting in this thread has similar ideas on where HFX is on this path.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Khaleesi wrote:

Khaleesi wrote:

whilst in HELL this is something we would laugh about
      I can't teach you English but look at the words i used. Heads up, my sentence is past tense.
      This is me liking to say things about online grammar and nothing else.

That sentence can validly be read as future tense, which, when being read like so, would imply current HELL membership. So out of context, past tense is not necessitated.

Example: If you gave me £100, I would take it.
      Example 2: If a comedian told a group of friends and me a joke, we would laugh at it.

Just sayin'

Now back to your regular alliance-bashing.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.