The Last Jedi [Spoiler Warning]

• The Last Jedi [Spoiler Warning]

Warning, this post contains spoilers for The Last Jedi. If you have not watched the movie and plan on doing so, turn back now. You have been warned.

So who's seen TLJ? I thought it was pretty good from the opening with Po belittling General Hugs to the ending with the force-sensitive stable boy.

That's not to say TLJ is beyond critique. While Holdo had a reasonable plan, I didn't like the way she came off. Part of that may have been her being portrayed as the antagonist until the anti-climatic "I've got this."

Captain Phasma has a cool suit of armor, but she really isn't anything more than a named goon in my opinion. I have just as much connection to her as the unamed stormtrooper Finn sword fought in The Force Awakens.

Speaking of obvious characters for merchandising, the porgs. Chewbaca shoulda eaten the roast one. I was thinking they'd be kind of cool (the screaming one in the trailer seemed cool) but they ended up being more a semi-cute more annoying animal. By comparison to those crystal foxes on Craite felt much more organic and in place as they blended in with the setting as opposed to being forced into it.

And what's with the Resistance going from "We blew up Starkiller Base" to "We're all dead" in such a short time span? (This is something that didn't detract from the movie while I watched, but came as a question later on when finally gorging on TLJ opinions online.)

But enough of what seemed off. It was a still an epic movie that had me smiling through it with some great scenes.

1: Kylo Ren moved on from moody emo teenager to a character I liked.

In TFA I thought he was a whiny *female dog* Darth Vader fanboy. While I don't see him as a fearsome villain, I do like his character now. His killing Snoke (That was so epic.) and exchanges with Rey were great.

2: Kyle Ren killed Snoke.

That whole scene and corresponding fight was awesome. I was in the theater thinking "He did not just-" I would've liked to see more Snoke, but that was awesome.

3: Luke on Craite.

Gud was like "I think you hit him" and Luke was like "You didn't." I get he was a projection, but I still liked it. And of course him telling Kylo how amazing that every word word of that sentence was wrong. May the force be with you, Luke Skywalker. I look forward to seeing his force ghost.

4: The Yoda puppet was back.

'Nuff said. Plus the lightning strike was neat.

5: Leia using the force.

Go Team Skywalker. And rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.

So it was a good movie overall. Though I'm still holding hope that Rey is a Skywalker. (Theory: When Han went solo [pun intended] Leia sought comfort and then hid her illegitimate lovechild.) I'm hoping Rey has some padawans in IX. Come on, stable boy, you'll be back won't you? I do wonder what her lightsaber color will be though. (Betting on green.) It will be sad for Leia to be dead (Mauled by porgs anyone?) but so it goes. I also wonder which allies will respond. And so long as there's no Starkiller Base 2.0 it should be fine.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaleg Nar: many many typos ().

• I think fan-boys have put to much emphasis on being force sensitive as being genetic. Especially since Jedi aren’t allowed to reproduce, meaning that other than the skywalker family, there’s little evidence to suggest that, and the skywalkers were made my medicloriens anyway, so they’re different.
      :gyrocopter-ani:
      BaM - Definition, bad at Mafia
      Sharpe12 - Definition, (Supremely handsome also refined, pulchritudinous & excellent) x12
    • Skywalkers gonna Skywalker.

Also a fun fact: Jedi were prohibited from building deep relationships. So marriage was out of the question, but tons of meaningless conjugal relationships were not.

I get that they're trying to show The Force coming from anywhere, but after all the theorizing about Rey's parents, it's very anti-climatic for them to be nobodies at this point.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.