Server merger?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Server merger?

I think its about time to make a server Merger?
      Not many players that are actually playing .. and i cant even fill my CTs anymore ...

A merger is needed badly .. i dont know to which server or how ,,,, but its about time we figured it out ..

Any opinions on this?
    • This has been an ongoing topic across many server worlds for several month now.

There have been rumors passed around that Gameforge has plans for another server merge, but that no official date for this has been declared.

The last rumor I read was a planned server merge sometime around April 2018, but I would not bet any money on this.

Thanks goes out to Ratna for the awesome Sig
    • Soupy2 wrote:

This has been an ongoing topic across many server worlds for several month now.

There have been rumors passed around that Gameforge has plans for another server merge, but that no official date for this has been declared.

The last rumor I read was a planned server merge sometime around April 2018, but I would not bet any money on this.
      This is quite confusing if you ask me. game-forge is a business and they are losing players faster than ever just because of the fact that you cannot enjoy Ikariam when it starts dropping below a certain number of players. I Have thought about this and i feel like the game is being neglected. Its about time for a merger. I consider myself a heavy ambro-user and i personally will never pay for a server switch myself. Just because i dont think that its worth it to pay that much money to do something that they are supposed to provide for us. It would cost 2000 ambro to fix the new move and if thats their strategy to force players into buying ambrosia, I assure them that they will soon lose me as a customer.
    • There have been threads about this in the past, and not just in this community.

There are currently no merges planned, as it is not possible to do merge servers anymore.

When they are possible again, and planned, players would be informed.

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket
    • Me too

"I don't know about you guys. It's been my goal since the start of epsilon to kill the server.I enjoy bullying the little guys into inactive status.. pillagin the bigger guys into crying to their alliances, and they quit too. The only rule that has ever applied is "last man standing wins" I intend to win"
      -Napoleon Blown-Apart of Epsilon (Greatest saying ever)
    • AntonO wrote:

This server is dead. Not gonna invest any more of my money and time in it.
      I cant even fill my CTs anymore...
      Understand your despair, there is nothing - we as Game Operator here - to decide, whether it is going to be a server merge or not. It is the Game Developer decision... and it will be announced here on board if there is any.
    • AntonO wrote:

This server is dead. Not gonna invest any more of my money and time in it.
      I cant even fill my CTs anymore...
      which is just pure bull****
      You will be on the losing end, no matter what.Your target servers will be those older servers and once you drop in, you will find yourself irrelevant because of the average account sizes over there.If you don't care about that and just want to have something happening in the game and interact with others, then no worries.Merger will definitely happen, but nobody knows when exactly.
    • I have a single account on Dionysos, and the vast majority of islands in the server are completely empty. Having joined about 3 months ago, most islands to my immediate north and east are barren. Player loss is greater than player gain, and new players are ravaged so badly by existing players that getting started is rough, and near impossible for inexperienced players.
      I am going to begin contacting the other alliances on the server, in an effort to get us all to clamor for a merge. May not make a difference, but at least I'll know that we are letting them know. That being said, at this time I have no idea how to contact the Game developers, or whomever makes the decisions and does the work to make the merger happen.