Is Dionysos already dead?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Is Dionysos already dead?

Back in the old days when the world is new the world's board was lively full people talking about anything... how come we cannot make it today? where are these chatty guys now??? :(

pain is absolutely free!
    • That's because many years ago the game dev's killed off 80% of the player base making the exact opposite changes to the game than what the community suggested and now the player county is falsely inflated with miilti's because 1) Became to troublesome to stop and 2) attempt to keep the servers alive. What's there to talk about? The new server has 4-5 active alliances if your lucky, that will slowly decay as more and more stupid new servers are made until eventually they will merge again and the stupid cycle will repeat until the game goes belly up.
    • BloodRain wrote:

That's because many years ago the game dev's killed off 80% of the player base making the exact opposite changes to the game than what the community suggested and now the player county is falsely inflated with miilti's because 1) Became to troublesome to stop and 2) attempt to keep the servers alive. What's there to talk about? The new server has 4-5 active alliances if your lucky, that will slowly decay as more and more stupid new servers are made until eventually they will merge again and the stupid cycle will repeat until the game goes belly up.
      I used to think that when the game evolve with its new features the game experience will also improve.. but look many of its features have made the game killed the gamers so yes you are right. Myself have many friends of this game left because of many stupid changes made to the game...some are ok but mostly are contributing factor to the killing of the game itself. Back to the old days, board was became the most interesting part of ikariam next to the game. Talking that make conflicts was best thing I missed about.

pain is absolutely free!
    • There's a lot to say why Ikariam cannot be as popular as it once was, but I'd rather skip all of that now.They need to turn attention to customized servers; something that the UK community has done.Would be preferable if Gameforge can let old school players enjoy a server without piracy.I guarantee that server would be much better than all piracy servers.Piracy update was the mother of all bombs for Ikariam, it simultaneously undermined combat and raised the importance of multis.Here's what we have today, dead servers...

At least US has been a target server for many non-American communities worldwide, you should see some other communities and their horrific <150 players base. Servers basically being ghost towns...
    • Yup, I decided early on when piracy hit that I am not going to participate in that (mainly because I hated seeing my military advisor red, when it was about piracy). Sadly, highscore cap skyrocketed. Then multies along with server merges (merge had positives too). Ahhmm. Would love to play a server, where piracy isn't included.

By the way, non-American here =)
    • I agree with that, piracy ran me way to. U think the developers would see the games going belly up, some how we should get there attention cause the way they are running it is straight into the ground. No offense on this to them either it's just Itarted played this when I was 16 and now I'm 25 and thro the years I've notice it's going way down hill. Old buddies no longer exist just up and left there high accounts and allot do to stupid new add on the game. The forums even dead and back when It was really popping u couldn't get people to stop talking on the forum I'd log in to like 20 post in one serve thread and now I log in and I'm lucky to see 4 new post.

:rocketlauncher: ur gonna carry that :minigun:
      • :missilelauncher: Ur gonna carry that
    • They need to get rid of the pirate game, and I'd even dare say get rid of some of the naval add-ons that came in (i.e. rocket ships, balloon carriers, etc). They tried to make naval warfare the exact same as land warfare, and it just doesn't work as well because ships and troops are two different entities. One costs a lot more to maintain.