Improving the temples

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Improving the temples

I noticed that some similar suggestions had made before, but I want to be heard as well.
      basically there are 3-4 temples which are tremendously more useful then the others ,
      and often people prefer to put their cities on those temples while the other
      are being neglected. I have an idea how to add another aspect to the strategy of the game.

Firstly , there is no alternative today for the pirate fortress , my idea
      is to add a building that may be build instead of the pf .
      this building will be reducing the cooldown of a temple ( for example - in a case
      this building exists in a max lvl in 6 cities that are located in a Forge island - the cooldown will be reduced
      to min , instead of 7 cities necessary today- the cooldown reduced on each lvl of the building can be debated).
      this building will have 10 levels and will be expansive to build.
      In addition , for each pirate fortress either the amount of capture points will increase or
      the number of crew given will be greater. ( also can be debated )
      In this case the player will have dilemma on which building he should build.

secondly, the less useful temples should become more profitable, this is my idea:

Hermes:
      1 +15 capacity for each trade ship and The goods' loading speed is increased by 40%.
      2 +20 capacity for each trade ship and The goods' loading speed is increased by 80%.
      3 +25 capacity for each trade ship and The goods' loading speed is increased by 120%.
      4 +30 capacity for each trade ship and The goods' loading speed is increased by 160%.
      5 +35 capacity for each trade ship and The goods' loading speed is increased by 200%.
      *the capacity of the ships will increased only in a case of units transportation or pillaging ( this
      wont hurt the mercenaries option ).

Ares:
      Will strengthen the tawn wall with each level of the building ( Im not sure how much ) .
      * I think that it is reasonable that Ares will improve your moral regardless of where your units are fighting ( your city ,
      your enemy's city, or Ares will help only to the defender ( will help in a case that the enemy seprates cooks from his army ) ,
      or perhaps the best idea , that not only improve the poor name of this temple but also will add something new to the buttles-
      the moral not only cause your forces to retreat but also will affect the capability of the units to fight - for example units with 50% will
      do only 50% damege to the enamy , in this case the moral is between 0-120 and the cooks can increase your moral only up
      to 100%
      ( so the temple is necessary )+ the temple will affect only your forces - regardless of where your units are fighting/

* the temple may double the number of troops that are able to fight in one round.( in the fifth level ) , only in your city.

Demeter:
      I think that it is reasonable that the godess of agriculture will increase the production of wine slightly.

Hades:
      you will also get some of the resource costs ( marbel ) for all enemy's units that died during fight / some of your troops will be raise from the dead

Athene:
      my idea is that 25% from the warehouse space given by athene will be considered during the pirates prizes,

but the coll down of the templr will become much longer ( month ? ) .

this feature will add a lot of money to GF because many people will relocate their cities once it will release , and perhaps on an usual basic
      beacuse some are more useful during peace time and some are useful during war time.

The post was edited 2 times, last by DawnOfCookies ().

• Honestly I'm not really sure any of these are passable in their own right. Thinking that they should be more powerful without giving great justification beyond "GF will get a lot of money because people want to relocate" isn't a great reason to re-balance (or unbalance) the game in my opinion.

Firstly , there is no alternative today for the pirate fortress , my idea
      is to add a building that may be build instead of the pf .
      this building will be reducing the cooldown of a temple ( for example - in a case
      this building exists in a max lvl in 6 cities that are located in a Forge island - the cooldown will be reduced
      to min , instead of 7 cities necessary today- the cooldown reduced on each lvl of the building can be debated).
      this building will have 10 levels and will be expansive to build.
      In addition , for each pirate fortress either the amount of capture points will increase or
      the number of crew given will be greater. ( also can be debated )
      In this case the player will have dilemma on which building he should build.
      The cool down is specifically there so that players have the trade off of time or benefit that they have to choose between. Making the pirate spot also more profitable makes it that much harder for a small player to compete with large players in the arena of pirates (large players have more cities to play with in choosing what to put there, and ultimately would have more CP's/crew in relation to their smaller counterparts)

Most of the others are too overpowered. Reviving units from the dead will not happen. Effective increases in piracy rewards also will not happen.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Personally I would like faster (starting) cool down times - especially in newer servers where players don't actually see the value in wonders because they are features used by fighters and veteran players.

I would also like to see wonders being added to the mobile app as we have a lot of players in our server that are mobile only and they are at a serious disadvantage during battles where forged armies destroy unforged armies.

My two cents.

Knuckles
      Leader of [STORM] Boreas Server