Pirate game is severely broken

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Pirate game is severely broken

I came back to Ikariam here recently and I am about ready to leave again. This pirate game is so broken and gives such a massive advantage to those who pay for ambrosia it's ridiculous. I am on Dionysus and the same 2 people have won the top 2 spots for I don't know how long and not by a small margin. They are obviously being fed by numerous players and most likely have numerous personal accounts feeding them as well.

The use of "floater" cities to swoop into an area raid, and then leave is just ridiculous. The game really needs to change that aspect and quickly or I will be gone. They need to make it so when you plant a city, that's it. It's there for at least a month so choose your spot carefully. No more of this dropping a city, paying ambrosia to get it there super fast, raid people, pillage people (if you are), and then picking up and moving on. The same guy in the last 5 DAYS has dropped a polis, raided us, left, and dropped a polis again to raid again. It is far too cheap and easy for him to do this obviously because it's a 20 hour trip from the approximate center of the map.

The two guys in 1st/2nd are winning by 250,000 to 300,000 points every round which shows absolutely no competition. They constantly grief our alliance by hitting us over and over and it completely ruins the game. Several people have complained about this and are ready to leave. The pirate game gives far too much of a resource advantage to these people and it will drive people away who just want to compete but do it fairly.
    • lokblaze wrote:

. The pirate game gives far too much of a resource advantage to these people and it will drive people away who just want to compete but do it fairly.

If you dont like piracy, it is your decision not to play it. You can play the way you used to do, attack and pillage those who win the piracy where the resources is definitely there
    • Piracy is actually balanced these days.

If you've invested in your donations core and know how to build a stronge conomy, then alongside every day pillage you are able to out income even the top piraters.

Moreover, this is the 3rd revision of piracy and the piracy rewards and it is balanced to most peoples minds based on the amount of time investment you need to throw at it to ensure you can evaluate. the 2nd rendition was still horrendous, ranked 11 to 30th was what? 3 times safe limits multiplied for all resources. yeah, now do that with 10 to 11 colonies, you had 10 million plus resources there with the top players pulling in tens of millios of resources.

The first rendition of the game basically had 1st place pulling in over 60 million resources every piracy evaluation if they had 12 colonies and the full 160 warehouses per colony, a lot of players left the game at that point.

Me, I don't pirate, some random fed off of friends and their multis always pops up and takes them at the end and I don't have the time to compete to ensure placement, but I do have stupidly high mines and mills and these days it is the pirates who struggle to keep pace with me, which is the way it should be - I've donated over 1.3 BILLION resources to my mines and mills, we're talking a year plus of income just dropped into mine and mill levels and thats something piraters on't have to deal with, their time cost doesn;t involve years of income generation poured straight back into it, but it is still alot of time.

The piracy sub-game is balanced.

If youw ant to rage quit, then no one is stopping you. Me, I just experimented for 4 months and did 47 futures all at once to max out my research levels and become 3rd to do so on Ny, I jumped over 7.1 Million Total Score instantly. I could have raged about pirqcy and quit, but I didn't and the game goes on as ever witha very long term view.

Leave or don't leave. Fact is, piracy is more balanced then ever it has been and what many people believe it should have been when itw as introduced over 3 years ago now!

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • You're high, Spidey, the piracy game is not balanced. Unless by "balanced" you mean that everyone who plays is equally allowed to find as many feeders as they want.

Piracy raids should break CTs with the same consequences as attacking someone. You also shouldn't be able to raid alliance members. Piracy is an attack, it lights up your military adviser, and it should be treated as any other attack.
    • lokblaze wrote:

I came back to Ikariam here recently and I am about ready to leave again. This pirate game is so broken and gives such a massive advantage to those who pay for ambrosia it's ridiculous. I am on Dionysus and the same 2 people have won the top 2 spots for I don't know how long and not by a small margin. They are obviously being fed by numerous players and most likely have numerous personal accounts feeding them as well.

The use of "floater" cities to swoop into an area raid, and then leave is just ridiculous. The game really needs to change that aspect and quickly or I will be gone. They need to make it so when you plant a city, that's it. It's there for at least a month so choose your spot carefully. No more of this dropping a city, paying ambrosia to get it there super fast, raid people, pillage people (if you are), and then picking up and moving on. The same guy in the last 5 DAYS has dropped a polis, raided us, left, and dropped a polis again to raid again. It is far too cheap and easy for him to do this obviously because it's a 20 hour trip from the approximate center of the map.

The two guys in 1st/2nd are winning by 250,000 to 300,000 points every round which shows absolutely no competition. They constantly grief our alliance by hitting us over and over and it completely ruins the game. Several people have complained about this and are ready to leave. The pirate game gives far too much of a resource advantage to these people and it will drive people away who just want to compete but do it fairly.

1. Using feeders: I got almost 45k crew (~ 450k CP -- all members of my clan fed me) in the first 3 days of this season and still lost to a 'big ***' who has ~10-20 'bots' to fed him.
      Also, in the last season, he increased 300k CP(from 300k to 600k) in... one day without raiding other players who were in top 10 cp score. I have no idea with this ***.
      2. 'Floater cities' had been used sine the begin of this game. It's a helpful feature for 'active' players.

You can decide to play pirates or not...
      I still believe that that big *** will got banned soon.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KingLee ().

• Alhazred wrote:

You're high, Spidey, the piracy game is not balanced. Unless by "balanced" you mean that everyone who plays is equally allowed to find as many feeders as they want.

Piracy raids should break CTs with the same consequences as attacking someone. You also shouldn't be able to raid alliance members. Piracy is an attack, it lights up your military adviser, and it should be treated as any other attack.
      I agree with all the bolded parts.

It would stop the broken aspects of the game as it stands iwth alliance members feeding players meaning that solo players without feeders have a very hard tim of competing. a raid is an attack and it should break ct's. there should be attacking consequences for a pirater. But, the balance is in th eresource rewards. It's funny, there are players who consistently get top 5 in piracy yet they never invested into mines and mills and suddenly they are still getting those rewards but those of us not evaluating and instead investing in donations we're able to compete again and more fully, which for the time investment is a huge thing.

Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

I believe Spidey's statement about piracy being balanced is reflected through the rewards it gives after the last revision.I agree with that.
      This.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D