War Server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Yes, they did.

I just hope GF will market that server well to get a bunch of new players in there along with some veterans to teach them the basics of the game.

I however, do not believe in a permanent war server, because wars are expensive and if you want the advantage over another, you will have to build a strong economy. Waging war and constantly battling will not get you there, at least not in ikariam, where you do not lose your population when raided by a foreign party. Since you only lose materials and not your most beloved resource, your citizens, you can easily afford to sit back and relax, ignore your red military advisor, do your own thing and bore your opponent out.
    • This server is in theory, a special server, a new server with the war server attributes as well as the others listed, that is why it is a permanent server, not to mention that ALL communities are getting this server versus only having 1 war server for each language group as in the past.
      Leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Ny (transfer from Lambda)
      Leader of the UNDEAD alliance on Lambda (R.I.P)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Administrator/Bureaucrat of WikIkariam - the English Ikariam wiki
    • Morphias wrote:

This server is in theory, a special server, a new server with the war server attributes as well as the others listed, that is why it is a permanent server, not to mention that ALL communities are getting this server versus only having 1 war server for each language group as in the past.
      Not all communities are getting a war-server. And not each language group got one in the past either.

It is true that it has special attributes, which you can read more about in Turkeh's post, or in the description in the server it self. It does have an "expiration date" but that is because the war-server was designed to be a short-term server, however it has been decided to make it last a whole lot longer.

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket
    • Mea1 wrote:

Not all communities are getting a war-server. And not each language group got one in the past either.
      It is true that it has special attributes, which you can read more about in Turkeh's post, or in the description in the server it self. It does have an "expiration date" but that is because the war-server was designed to be a short-term server, however it has been decided to make it last a whole lot longer.
      So far, very few communities do not have the 'Warserver 03' listed as a server that you can register to play on. Yes, the servers do have a 'Long round' aka not truly permanent if you call 10 years, until January of 2028, not permanent.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The post was edited 2 times, last by Morphias ().

• I went to the actually communties the day after the announcement - but now Finland, I have not found the other just yet as I am updating my wiki as I go along, does not have the warserver 03 link anymore.

I have corrected my post above to show that you were correct in that not all will be getting it now.

• Crosswind wrote:

Yes, they did.

I just hope GF will market that server well to get a bunch of new players in there along with some veterans to teach them the basics of the game.

I however, do not believe in a permanent war server, because wars are expensive and if you want the advantage over another, you will have to build a strong economy. Waging war and constantly battling will not get you there, at least not in ikariam, where you do not lose your population when raided by a foreign party. Since you only lose materials and not your most beloved resource, your citizens, you can easily afford to sit back and relax, ignore your red military advisor, do your own thing and bore your opponent out.
      If I had a gold piece for every time I have heard someone proclaim "you need to be big to afford war, and you can't war all the time if you wish to get big", I would have more gold than Schluups

It is gold pillaging, size doesn't (if it ever did) matter, activity does.

"I consider myself a road man for the lords of karma."

Hunter S. Thompson