Ability to pillage artifacts for your museums

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Ability to pillage artifacts for your museums

I wondering if there could be a way to pillage artifacts from a players museum for your own, or for a pillage (or accumulated pillages from same town) to be of a certain big haul of resources that grants a sort of trophy artifact for your museum. For example, you pillage over 100k in mixed resources from a town, and for that are granted an artifact for a museum, or for the museum in the town the pillage was started in.

Thoughts? I didn't see this idea in any of the existing threads of rejected, denied, or brainstorming. If I missed it, my apologies.
    • I'm honestly not sure this doesn't violate:

Any suggestion that would completely nullify the need to have/use anything currently in the game.
      If your suggest removes the purpose of an aspect of the game - removing the need for it - it ruins game balance.

Examples:
      • Suggesting "better" stats for low units
        Low units are supposed to be low units. They cost relatively little to obtain/maintain, and are designed as filler until you advance enough to build something better. Suggesting a "better unit" which has no abilities not already represented by another pre-existing, higher-end unit is an exercise in futility.[br]
      • Suggesting a new unit/building that removes the need for another pre-existing unit/building
        The whole game is deliberately balanced. Make sure your proposed unit or building does not upset that balance by being too powerful or not having a drawback of some kind.
      • Anything that similarly disrupts game balance
        This includes suggestions for game-play features only useful for new players, since the suggestion becomes obsolete as the player progresses.
      The purpose of having museum artifiacts is to force you to interact, and continue to interact with other players and thus derive satisfaction from it. You likewise are penalized for breaking CT's with players - and this pillaging offer would completely remove that cost/benefit.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Unlike fellow player above I would suggest that players get some wine reward each time they make a CT for the first time(250 wine for example), but if they break it and make it again, nobody gets wine, also if a player had existing CT's before this was implemented, they will also not get reward because CT will count as already giver reward. 250 wine is not much for most of players, but gives them nice feeling into buying ambrosia, buy CT search to send other players CT request.

This will help players and GameForge, I can only see a win-win here.
    • CottonHill wrote:

I wondering if there could be a way to pillage artifacts from a players museum for your own, or for a pillage (or accumulated pillages from same town) to be of a certain big haul of resources that grants a sort of trophy artifact for your museum. For example, you pillage over 100k in mixed resources from a town, and for that are granted an artifact for a museum, or for the museum in the town the pillage was started in.

Thoughts? I didn't see this idea in any of the existing threads of rejected, denied, or brainstorming. If I missed it, my apologies.
      You can just ask for CT's. Museums and Taverns scale your happiness to a relative Town Hall level, they get heinously expensive only if you power build and focus those buildings alone before your income can support pushing the higher levels. demeter Support as a miraclke (under-rated imho) also helps with the population. the Museum's purpose is to not only provide happiness for population but as Turkeh highlights below, force you to interact with others even if it's only to have a ct for 'x' amount of time. The CT's do penalise you for breaking them in an attack and that is a really good balabncing mechanism as a CT is a passive gain in income whereas the tavern uses resources per hour in the form of wine for that happiness. Finding ct's is also easy. You can do the old fashioned message the diplomt of all the largest alliances or most active ones and say how many ct's you have free and maybe get lucky and fill all of them or fill onlya few, or spend 3 (or is it 5?() ambrosia for a ct search and send up to 3 times as many requests as you have available ct's up to the maximum of players with available ct's in the search parameter you used. Before complaining about not having money for ambrosia, the tutorial these days for a new account drops you with over 20 iirc, more then enough for multiple ct searches.

Your suggestiond oesn't actually bring anything to the game. All it does is reward aggressive players and takes away from the balance that non-aggressive or builder only players gaibn with the current museum and tavern and demeter happiness generators.

Turkeh wrote:

I'm honestly not sure this doesn't violate:

Any suggestion that would completely nullify the need to have/use anything currently in the game.
      The purpose of having museum artifiacts is to force you to interact, and continue to interact with other players and thus derive satisfaction from it. You likewise are penalized for breaking CT's with players - and this pillaging offer would completely remove that cost/benefit.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Ari wrote:

Unlike fellow player above I would suggest that players get some wine reward each time they make a CT for the first time(250 wine for example), but if they break it and make it again, nobody gets wine, also if a player had existing CT's before this was implemented, they will also not get reward because CT will count as already giver reward. 250 wine is not much for most of players, but gives them nice feeling into buying ambrosia, buy CT search to send other players CT request.

In anorther trhead you tried to shut down peoples arguments because you don't have money for ambrosia purchasinga dn would rather put food on the table. yet here you are makinga suggestion that is meant to encourage people to buy ambrosia?

Your suggestion doesn't do anything except add unnecessary complexity to a system that works fine as it is.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Ari wrote:

Unlike fellow player above I would suggest that players get some wine reward each time they make a CT for the first time(250 wine for example), but if they break it and make it again, nobody gets wine, also if a player had existing CT's before this was implemented, they will also not get reward because CT will count as already giver reward. 250 wine is not much for most of players, but gives them nice feeling into buying ambrosia, buy CT search to send other players CT request.

I'm not sure how this would really help anyone. 250 wine isn't all that much at any level of the game, certainly not at the point to where people can actually build museums. It would add more coding to the game to keep track of which accounts have had CTs in the past, but I don't see the benefits as worth it.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats