Ikariam: 23 postulates – an open letter to the Gameforge AG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Spidey Taak wrote:

do you have any of these reliable search tools?
      Check out The Ikariam Discord Bot!

These tools are not considered illegal anymore on US, as almost everyone uses them anyways without a way for GOs to find out who is using them. I got GOs from multiple regions using the Ikariam Discord Bot, also in regions where these tools are considered "illegal"(they can't ban people for using them anyways as there are no reliable proof to say someone is using such sites)

Ika-search is the website that still functions.

Edit: Also, there are no current tools that reliably show cross-region or cross-server leaderboards, growth etc. Ikariam provides no support for these kinds of websites, so the way these websites get information is by using illegal scripts or exploits. Therefore, there are not many of them that works nicely. It kinda sucks Ikariam just wont add an API for people to use to track scores, growth etc. across all of ikariam, then there wouldnt be any need for illegal scripts and stuff that just takes extra load on the servers too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 7marre ().

• Someone sounds butthurt.

Someone also is completely clueless that they have no control over how people can play and that means they can whoop your ass by utterly ignoring you.

Pro Tip: You can't whoop someone if they just ignore you and go into a passive gameplay approach, cut military to 0 ms and then hit you with 1 or 2 round armies/fleets and hen dismiss them on the retreat. That way the only person that wins is the person on the defense. 100% of the time.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • 7marre wrote:

Spidey Taak wrote:

Check out The Ikariam Discord Bot!
      These tools are not considered illegal anymore on US, as almost everyone uses them anyways without a way for GOs to find out who is using them. I got GOs from multiple regions using the Ikariam Discord Bot, also in regions where these tools are considered "illegal"(they can't ban people for using them anyways as there are no reliable proof to say someone is using such sites)

Edit: Also, there are no current tools that reliably show cross-region or cross-server leaderboards, growth etc. Ikariam provides no support for these kinds of websites, so the way these websites get information is by using illegal scripts or exploits. Therefore, there are not many of them that works nicely. It kinda sucks Ikariam just wont add an API for people to use to track scores, growth etc. across all of ikariam, then there wouldnt be any need for illegal scripts and stuff that just takes extra load on the servers too.
      Cheers man, I'll look into it when I hop on discord next.

Zyzyx wrote:

Pepe el Pollo wrote:

What a noob
      Care to elaborate who you're talking about?
      See, i assumed he was talking about me. Cause I'm just used to randoms coming in and calling me a noob with no skills (it's amusing, 1.5 days on an existing war server and I have 4 colonies down, best noob is me apparently, lol).

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Spidey Taak wrote:

Someone sounds butthurt.

Someone also is completely clueless that they have no control over how people can play and that means they can whoop your ass by utterly ignoring you.

Pro Tip: You can't whoop someone if they just ignore you and go into a passive gameplay approach, cut military to 0 ms and then hit you with 1 or 2 round armies/fleets and hen dismiss them on the retreat. That way the only person that wins is the person on the defense. 100% of the time.
      wut?
      I was talking to zyzyx.

We say that people like you have “cola de paja”
    • Spidey Taak wrote:

7marre wrote:

Spidey Taak wrote:

Check out The Ikariam Discord Bot!These tools are not considered illegal anymore on US, as almost everyone uses them anyways without a way for GOs to find out who is using them. I got GOs from multiple regions using the Ikariam Discord Bot, also in regions where these tools are considered "illegal"(they can't ban people for using them anyways as there are no reliable proof to say someone is using such sites)

Cheers man, I'll look into it when I hop on discord next.

Zyzyx wrote:

Pepe el Pollo wrote:

What a noob
      Care to elaborate who you're talking about?
      See, i assumed he was talking about me. Cause I'm just used to randoms coming in and calling me a noob with no skills (it's amusing, 1.5 days on an existing war server and I have 4 colonies down, best noob is me apparently, lol).
      this is what a noob would say!!

NOOB