Wine Press in a wine town?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have one in all towns. reduces the cost of a governors residence. I have all 5 of the resource cost reduction in all towns.
      I play for fun. I don't sweat the petty chit, nor pet the sweaty chit. Proud to be a Member of -Z- on Boreas, but keep in mind it's just a freaking game, lol.
      Say Hello to Tris, My Wife and I's Rescue Cat. Mess with Us, She'll claw Yer eyes out 8^)
    • it's optional, yeah. a bit of overkill, I admit, lol
      I play for fun. I don't sweat the petty chit, nor pet the sweaty chit. Proud to be a Member of -Z- on Boreas, but keep in mind it's just a freaking game, lol.
      Say Hello to Tris, My Wife and I's Rescue Cat. Mess with Us, She'll claw Yer eyes out 8^)
    • Phrisck wrote:

Sir_Zane wrote:

I have all 5 of the resource cost reduction in all towns.
      IDK. This doesn't sound like a great idea to me.
      Do you really need Sulphur cost reduction in more than 1 town?
      If you war a lot (as I know Sir Zane does) then you want a sulphur reduction building in every town that has a barracks and/or shipyard. being able to produce military in every town helps a ton when building up for a fight
      "My people believe the raven to be a harbinger of change. When the raven’s shadow sweeps across your heart your life will change, for good or ill, there is no way to know. And you, Vaelin Al Sorna, warrior in service to the Faith, are the Shadow of the Raven"
    • RavensShadow wrote:

Phrisck wrote:

Sir_Zane wrote:

I have all 5 of the resource cost reduction in all towns.
      IDK. This doesn't sound like a great idea to me.Do you really need Sulphur cost reduction in more than 1 town?
      If you war a lot (as I know Sir Zane does) then you want a sulphur reduction building in every town that has a barracks and/or shipyard. being able to produce military in every town helps a ton when building up for a fight

Thanks. Can you answer the original question of the thread too?
    • I certainly can! It's never a bad idea to put a wine press in a wine town, it also is not a better idea than putting a wine press in any other town.

Wine Press reduces the cost of using wine, and most of your wine is used at the tavern, so it's very useful for your largest towns that need a lot of wine to keep them happy. it's also useful for GR upgrades as Sir Zane pointed out, and, although it's not a frequent enough issue to matter much, it does reduce the cost of training cooks at the barracks as well
      "My people believe the raven to be a harbinger of change. When the raven’s shadow sweeps across your heart your life will change, for good or ill, there is no way to know. And you, Vaelin Al Sorna, warrior in service to the Faith, are the Shadow of the Raven"
    • and, the fewer citizens You need harvesting IN the wine colony, to send wine to other towns. that, plus raiding inactive wine towns, means gold in pocket, and also means more raiding marble/wood and odds and ends to grow each colony.