introduction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• introduction

Hi My name is Daniel I am back to the game (since early beta I havent played)

I own a corporation and donate all of my proceeds to non profit orginizations

I retired 6 years ago at age 31. because of the fact that I worked enogh years to be able to draw my same income and resign as GM of the corporation.

I've studied law math biology chemistry and medical sciene in college (Harvard transfer student PSU)

I am American with decendensy of Native American / German

I get really speachfull and wordy however I have a disability and it helped me never learn how to spell well

my ign is Eakaos. (for now, and is from a character name generator on Dark Ages of Camelot I played in 2004-2006)

I'm not looking to join old political wars all I am looking for is to be taught how to better myself at gameplay.

I do work occasionally at a liquor store where I live x days a week for a. something else to do then play a video game. and b. because they needed a hard worker to help them with somet things.however they don't care as long as I'm on break (every hour if I chose to be quick) if log in check things out smoke my cig (unless I'm buisy on freight day) then I get normal breaks.

I'm not much of a liar but things get taken out of context quickly and I chose to list a few rules that my character actually has at this time.

A. I don't take slandering my terrible speech pattern well it is a disability.
      B. if I tell you something in game about something at all to do with another member of the game it is not to be brought here at all or I will never speak to you in game
      B-2 I may attack your towns and donate resources
      B-3 I may become a nuisance in any other way IG that I can.
      c. I am not here to pick on low TS/MS people nor really the high TS/MS I am here to figure out more about a game I use to play that has changed however I implement for myself that unless provoked to do so bye piracy or "new town pillaging...retaliate.
      D. I will join/leave any ally who doesn't help promote my growth
      D-2 becomes to large with to many small players6
      D-3 points blame at me for an OUR mistake.
      D-4 lets me know I am breaking to many policy's
      D-5 drags my higher TS/MS into a war with Top ally/players withought concent
      D-6 "helps" or starts a pillage and logs off because they didn't figure out how to use a phone/cpu, 2 cpu;s, tablets etc or 2 or more different browsers (chrome IE firefox) to play all of there servers at once nor logs back in to check that nothing Diplomatically has changed since an attack was sent (with acception to internet delay or a blackout or some reason why your internet went down even if it was an unpaid bill) there will be no forgiveness for this type of action.
      and finally E. the good one

E. I do not promote ally rules of if I do something to one ally member of yours that you do something to other ally members of mine (making DWOOD and IKS rules of "our alliance will attack" null and void to my presesion (it is me you are mad at it really doesn't hurt me to see you pillage 3 offline ppl of my ally at once and is a joke because you don't damage me at all) ji expect you to grow into a player with a larger MS or hire 0_0 to take out my military orsome of my military (he only wanted 20k cp when I asked about a higher TS lower MS player then myself at a bad location for him to go after however didn't care that I had asked to do so at a bad location and said it sounded fun anyway) 20k cp anybody could make in 5k-10k incriments quickly and I asked just to see what his price was and how long before it could happen.

so have a nice day
    • swearing is cursing or saying bad words ie four letter words....I was going to do a let me google that for you but I'm not sure if I can post a link on the msb of that I haven't really read the msb rules

this was what I got when I googled it however

swear·ing
      ˈsweriNG/
      noun
      noun: swearing
      1. the use of offensive language."there's a lot of swearing in the show"
    • google search it dude put in what does "what you said of the 3 lletters" mean it says what I said

and the towns I grew up in where of 5k ppl ish and 2k ppl ish so its not like they are Hoods of ghettos or anything

is an acronym meaning “what I said it was,” usually said at the conclusion of a negative story.
    • he said "fly my lantern" it is a Chinese saying

yes its "chinese' cause they originally called it a lantern and or have any translation to the word my in there language ...those both seem of ways you guys get around the truth at least I have heard of this one before its not what I thought when I read his post

for his learning was a good thing that he said that because maybe that's what he meant bt its not good to just use accronyms or abbreviations of that because the most popular American use is what I said it was...

game rules and board rules say to speak English so using fly my lantern would be against context.

and when I google that it comes up with lanterns for sale.

maybe I should use bing to see if it gives the same answers
    • this is the spam board right? I think I forget where I posted just going to watched threads....

but spam all I want you want I kind of advise not using that because in English and according google it is using bad language or context

according to the top search engines so far but w/e ....why did you bookmark it? its that good to you?? I might edit and add rules later too it to but what do you think about rule E? be honest
    • Eakaos wrote:

he said "fly my lantern" it is a Chinese saying

yes its "chinese' cause they originally called it a lantern and or have any translation to the word my in there language ...those both seem of ways you guys get around the truth at least I have heard of this one before its not what I thought when I read his post

for his learning was a good thing that he said that because maybe that's what he meant bt its not good to just use accronyms or abbreviations of that because the most popular American use is what I said it was...

game rules and board rules say to speak English so using fly my lantern would be against context.

and when I google that it comes up with lanterns for sale.

maybe I should use bing to see if it gives the same answers
      See this is what a Harvard graduate looks like, he knew right away that fly my lantern was not English, it is indeed Chinese sentence.... Like if you go to China and say fly my lantern you most likely will gain the approval of the society especially by the older generation

Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

This is hilarious
      i don't know what you think is so funny, you can learn few things from this man's knowledge in fact you just used "fly my lantern" out of context so you violated few rules over there
    • haven't gone to china in ages anyway and have forgotten most of what I did learn about the language except that I'm still fluent bc its my 3rd language...and I'm a harvards transfer student to psu not a Harvard graduate ty for reading again tho

to be civil we could discuss other business men of china politics for fun like did you know you are suppose to ask for 2 pairs of chopsticks at lunch? and if so why?
    • fly my lantern has to do with the a war or something? it seems firmiliar but I don't know why but nobody I've ever gained respect of from my friends/businessmen I worked with in china would have cared about it...

I am curious tho but mandarin doesn't include the word my in it at all
    • I hope they don't think this is bumping causd I'm just gonna take a guess at what I might remember about it..

in war (china vs America some world war but I never cared about history of war) an American pilot walked into town injured tired and broken legged with no guns or other militarial gear walked into town and the first person who saw him out of many told him since it was dark "fly my lantern" in meaning of carry my lantern so the American soldier took the lantern and made his way through town to find someone who aided him in recovery of the leg and other injuries that had occurred to him when his plane crashed. He went back after recovery to the old man who barley understood English to give his lantern back healed and strong and told the man who gave him the lantern "fly my lantern" (in a stern voice) and when the man took it back he claimed he did not know English so the pilot decided to stay and teach them and in return they tought him mandarin and about Chinese culture and he spoke to them of American culture.

Bye the end of the war the MIA pilot claimed to his family to be dead retruned to America and told his story for years to all kinda of people including the president however the china man did not tell anyone outside of his town. and the American people came with lanterns to all over china telling them with the peace treaty that was signed between America and china "fly my lantern" however none of them knew why or what it meant and was told to be how americans were settling with commonors of china in all tones of American English. Sadly enough the old man who gave his first lantern died before it ever reached his town.

isn't that correct? but tbh it still meant nothing at all to anyone and was more of a joke to ppl I knew when I was in china 10 or more years ago and was meant to be said 50000000 times give or take however many you want but not less then 100 to a closing of a buissness deal once made (took 6 months of me going back and forth to china to finalize said deal). and theres no wrong way to say it because of how the original pilot said it being STERN most other American travelers to china where sweet. some bold after a while and some condescending after a misunderstanding etc about how it could be used therefor there is no wrong way to say Fly my Lantern???

if this is way off let me know what it really was about. but I think that is mostly correct if memory serves me right about the last person I ever knew that used the term that does offend me cause it uses "a bad word" and "my life" pretty much meaning condensation towards your own disposition of an event or mishap......

sorry if I misunderstood the meaning of for my learning I've never heard anyone use that this way and I refuse to accept that it should be used if this is an English speaing game/board unless its actually European cause the game is also based out of Germany isn't it?...most austrailians I know or have known use it for what americans use it for and Chinese ppl don't paraphrase it they say the whole sentence because they know the American/austrailian/south African term is what I and google say it is so I was just warning it has a bad meaning more then anything else

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eakaos: put south American when I meant africa ().