SERVER MERGE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I've made posts in the introduction area but I am new, and I am doing well "enough" on Eirene...I would hate to see it become a part of any merger cause I still have made enemies and in the end those enemies will just use there other account to destroy me.....and I don't want to play and pay like I have for a month worth of playtime before I get ruined miltarlily,

secondly I started 1 day before Eirene came out (lucky me) on dyonosis, I am not taking that server as serious because of being 1 year behind other players however those 1 year of players would be several years behind other players from other servers....

so it just keeps stacking backwards that way

the translator idea could work to merger servers of like time realease or highly studied servers merged where ts's, alliance tss, ms, alliance ms etc are close to matching giving it a good shot....

but the big question I have is if you all aren't playing Eirene since day one (trying not to spend more money) even though I see people in the top 100 who haven't paid.....why not? its kind of fun/funny to see what old school players are doing / thinking about dealing with etc on a new fresh server...

also there is talk about transfers I asked a game mod about Eirene if it was one of those that it would be possible to do that on and they said no way its not going to happen at all that would ruin the server....even though many more then just one player believe in 3 months of Eirene being open they will be able to do so....making my pay to play style very disusefull if even was possible that dyanosis was granted that right now to that server...

I may check into other servers of us servers to see if my thoughts are true but aren't the TS MS of this server that this post on much higher

also im a big gamer and have seen a lot of errors come with games including this one (have had ambrosia not spend when buying so I made a ticket) also a well tested guide im following for barbs was off bye 7 barbarians not dying today and nobody could give an answer why it lasted one more round for me (and the guide was perfect yesterday on a different islands barbs) so maybe they actually do have game issues that are disallowing action to be take and from my gaming experience it could take several years to find that bug and fix it...theirs a lot more to scripting a game then 2 lines of code and saying "I found the s in the way its bye the z" :p

So give them time and come play Eirene its still early and paying to play could mean that you do what I do and pay with your 2 day a week job (while not working elsewhise at all) while on disability, use the invite button to invite friends that have never played and teach them etc..make it fun again not overpoweringly stupid for the new guys that mostly would have a point to delete there new guys and use there old guys when some people would quit if any merger with any server happened to them at all with there in particular server if outweight is there

ps this is only a reply to the original post and the logical one bye pepe I wont copy and past I don't know how to use the board right to post a persons conversation as a quote
    • BloodRain wrote:

I recall the same kind of sour attitude when we called for the deletion of Gamma and it eventually happened. Secondly he didn't make the thread, I did. Get your facts straight. Stick to the topic or get lost.
      I know you are related to them and their silly idea, so it doesn't matter if you made this thread or your big boss Knuckle head made it as in other areas of the forums.

Onto your first point now, "it eventually happened" when Gameforge found a strong reason to do it.They surely didn't do it because five people were spamming forums to get it done.They don't care about your posts, get over yourself.Much smarter people came up with clever and actual IDEAS, and they didn't make it.
    • Truthfully, BloodRain and I don't get along well. And they are much better opponents than you are. So don't mess with them or we might merge our accounts onto your server and see whats what.

As for new and clever ideas...this is neither new or clever. Mergers have been done before, they can be done again.

All we are talking about here is whether it is a good time to merge. And from a numbers point of view, it is. Servers aren't growing. They are dying.

However, you are right about one thing. We're probably not going to get a lot of traction if we don't find other people that would be open to a merge too. So we should probably speak to the leaders of active alliances in each US server and possibly some of the big international servers to see if their alliances are open to this idea. 5 people may not convert GF, but a thousand or more could. And we could get those numbers by hitting up large alliances and challenging them to a duel when we merge together on the first international server.

If anything, I'd love to have a war with you Giannis. Solve arguments with actions perhaps? If you're up for it..I'll even give you an appropriate level account if you don't have one strong enough.
    • knuckles wrote:

Truthfully, BloodRain and I don't get along well. And they are much better opponents than you are. So don't mess with them or we might merge our accounts onto your server and see whats what.

As for new and clever ideas...this is neither new or clever. Mergers have been done before, they can be done again.

All we are talking about here is whether it is a good time to merge. And from a numbers point of view, it is. Servers aren't growing. They are dying.

However, you are right about one thing. We're probably not going to get a lot of traction if we don't find other people that would be open to a merge too. So we should probably speak to the leaders of active alliances in each US server and possibly some of the big international servers to see if their alliances are open to this idea. 5 people may not convert GF, but a thousand or more could. And we could get those numbers by hitting up large alliances and challenging them to a duel when we merge together on the first international server.

If anything, I'd love to have a war with you Giannis. Solve arguments with actions perhaps? If you're up for it..I'll even give you an appropriate level account if you don't have one strong enough.
      Giannis? Never heard of her.
      But I agree that a server merge is necessary. Just popping out new servers solves nothing if you have a bunch that are dying. The people on these dying servers are devoted enough to keep playing despite the issues, I feel like we should be rewarded with a merge.
    • I see the point of amerge that leaves out the more heavily populated less aged servers unless they do a -allsameishtownhall and other buildings record to everyone in the merge so it is not based off different statistics, or the merge will just force the lower servers to -quit the game....

just saying there needs to be a good fundamentals post about a perfect server to server merge that nobody here has given, problably even my selfe so far giving out 10m TS to populate on dyno is a terrible idea unless you want to see dyno server members delete their accounts...and im a new player again (stoped in 2009) but I have heard of 10m TS being a count of what some people have,

give me a realistic view of what you mean and i'll jump on board with the merge ideal with you and your bandwagon However putting even 0_0 with 400kis top score from Ereine against 1,691,405 of Dyanosis is just simply rejectable bye myself and game mods so far.....and they are only 1 year apart....

maybe a military swipe / mill reset to 10 / goods swipe is the better idea I have but that still will make people go play other games then this that they already are playing and doing well on of the same type of game category....and thus lost players

also I haven't created on the older servers ….what is your TS / MS so I can get a better understanding of what would be able to be looked into with a perfect idea of how to merger and serve a good fundamental instead of poor

Putting ot new servers is the best idea, advertising new servers would be better, and maybe doing more like the war server03 because you all know better then I do how long some upgrades / training takes ….a new server with x2 speed of all upgrades and incomes could generate a lot of old players giving the game a new shot imo….

and posting erienes real "active players count" as the highest is simply newb people have like 5-10 multies on that server that they email invited to their island for donations....trust me I have 2 multis and 1 main and im on them all 3 daily doing upgrades to buildings and donating so im not sure your list is even half correct on how many "active" players there are per server to start with My one newb I just looked at on Eirene is in the 300-350 range of TS and has around 3k TS....that doesn't fit into "ACTIVE PLAYER" at all. keep trolling the mods for something that's redulous and state and state it in a ridiculous way and they will keep rejecting it imo.

to be honest their are only 250 allied people that play Eirene and I know a few active players that are unallied but I counted a ally with 9 named robot that im pretty sure are not active and I can think of 7 vmode players that are still allied

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eakaos: to add a more realistic figure of active players of Eirene ().

• Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

BloodRain wrote:

I recall the same kind of sour attitude when we called for the deletion of Gamma and it eventually happened. Secondly he didn't make the thread, I did. Get your facts straight. Stick to the topic or get lost.
      I know you are related to them and their silly idea, so it doesn't matter if you made this thread or your big boss Knuckle head made it as in other areas of the forums.
      Onto your first point now, "it eventually happened" when Gameforge found a strong reason to do it.They surely didn't do it because five people were spamming forums to get it done.They don't care about your posts, get over yourself.Much smarter people came up with clever and actual IDEAS, and they didn't make it.
      Again...get you're facts straight.

knuckles wrote:

Truthfully, BloodRain and I don't get along well. And they are much better opponents than you are. So don't mess with them or we might merge our accounts onto your server and see whats what.

This is besides the point but if you must know, knuckles and I have been enemies for quiet some time now but I respect and accept his views on this topic because he inputs his ideas in a constructive manner, something you have no ability to do obviously. I think Knuckles has a great idea about transferring an account to your server and whooping you a new butt hole, what server do you play on? I have account of all sizes from 25 million on down to 300k so that you can't complain about being out matched when you loose and ultimately vacation your account like the n00b you are. We live in the same city even ;) so there's issues with time zone. I beg you to keep being a smart ass.

Nice to see some people from other servers hoping over to add to this discussion constructively. Please continue to spread the work and keep this going.
    • Eakaos wrote:

I see the point of amerge that leaves out the more heavily populated less aged servers unless they do a -allsameishtownhall and other buildings record to everyone in the merge so it is not based off different statistics, or the merge will just force the lower servers to -quit the game....

just saying there needs to be a good fundamentals post about a perfect server to server merge that nobody here has given, problably even my selfe so far giving out 10m TS to populate on dyno is a terrible idea unless you want to see dyno server members delete their accounts...and im a new player again (stoped in 2009) but I have heard of 10m TS being a count of what some people have,

give me a realistic view of what you mean and i'll jump on board with the merge ideal with you and your bandwagon However putting even 0_0 with 400kis top score from Ereine against 1,691,405 of Dyanosis is just simply rejectable bye myself and game mods so far.....and they are only 1 year apart....

maybe a military swipe / mill reset to 10 / goods swipe is the better idea I have but that still will make people go play other games then this that they already are playing and doing well on of the same type of game category....and thus lost players

also I haven't created on the older servers ….what is your TS / MS so I can get a better understanding of what would be able to be looked into with a perfect idea of how to merger and serve a good fundamental instead of poor

Putting ot new servers is the best idea, advertising new servers would be better, and maybe doing more like the war server03 because you all know better then I do how long some upgrades / training takes ….a new server with x2 speed of all upgrades and incomes could generate a lot of old players giving the game a new shot imo….

and posting erienes real "active players count" as the highest is simply newb people have like 5-10 multies on that server that they email invited to their island for donations....trust me I have 2 multis and 1 main and im on them all 3 daily doing upgrades to buildings and donating so im not sure your list is even half correct on how many "active" players there are per server to start with My one newb I just looked at on Eirene is in the 300-350 range of TS and has around 3k TS....that doesn't fit into "ACTIVE PLAYER" at all. keep trolling the mods for something that's redulous and state and state it in a ridiculous way and they will keep rejecting it imo.

to be honest their are only 250 allied people that play Eirene and I know a few active players that are unallied but I counted a ally with 9 named robot that im pretty sure are not active and I can think of 7 vmode players that are still allied
      Not all the servers should be merged which I think some people are assuming that's the idea. Only the dying dead servers or merging them into an older server. Which does go up against your concerns of player sizes but this was a concern before and it turned out good. Plus size isn't everything in combat, though it helps being able to build a more robust military, if you have poor balance and unit variation and/or tactics and knowledge, size means nothing. There't not many players that will pick on someone way smaller to be a bully unless they truly did something to deserve it but there are people that would gladly put them in their place.

I have 3 combat accounts on this server and like 8 or nine accounts in all on Boreas so true on the"active player" count, without hacking into the server and seeing the number of actual players there are, its a good starting point which alone highlights some dramatic concerns. But they admins to give those true more percise numbers to the dev team so their getting passed along in a more factual sense.
    • it isn't factual, I quoted my newb wrong too he's in top 300-350 and around 2k ms...

but I thought about it and the idea that im starting up on Dynosis to give my idea of being so much lower then the rest a shot and to see if I can actually get in with someone who will help promote fast growth...beings the mines and mills and such are upgraded this should help anyway...

I went threw a merge before and I lead the alliance on a 5 month to 10 month old server that ended up in the merge....the alliance I lead as I was a pay to play player was hosted of approximately the top 50 TS / ms players and there was a lot of people in 2010 and when the merger notification came about that they where even thinking about mergering the server I had temp played on being the newest of the servers that where merging I decided to upgrade the crud out of my embassy.....joined ONLY top list as it followed and threated to war against certain allies if they did not dissolve there allies and such....we of the top 50 where all in discustion of what the best move to do was...

long story short we made an ally of what was our servers top 200ish people or something like that...and promoted our allies growth extremely since we had unlimited funds

FIrst day of merger the highest TS score ally posted on our boards...."who was the top ally here and are they bullies" so we really actually out matched them and declared war on them instead of their intentions and won like mad.....

so I see how it can go both ways but only good coordination would be fair to do that to the server merge..however older servers could try this tactic as well...but we won out the bullies on the new server merge in the end of our war I guess is the good point.....

after that war was done imidiatly 1 hour later the next servers top ally declaired war on us and said they where waiting for it to resolve...that became unfair and not fun....so we did the secondary action of diplomatic strategy and joined our second place ts ally that formed about 100 people to our war to aid us...(they where in 7th ts and we became from first to 5th)….

so our server looked like bullies after winning the second war...but 1 or 2 months of war isn't what anyones looking for in this game....and its not as many players as it was back then....

so I get the point I just don't see that bullying wont be done because even on Ereine Bullying out of a top player with 213,300 ts and almost 10k ms is now constantly picking on a whole alliance with 369,360 combined ts and 14,054 ms after they have rebuilt twice from 8k or less

so yes it does happen that bullies exist in this game every day every server and that's all that anyone will end up with doing on a merger is picking on lower players infact heres the ts ms of the top ts and then the top ms of that alliance that is being picked on

1,937 top ms in the ally being attacked ...I dunno if I should care to put the top TS cause ms is what matters more 57,231top ts anyway of that ally being picked on.....

and it was almost provoked becase a player of the two allies provoked another and that was overseen because one of the players from the small ally blocked a port while the other player with 57,231ts sent land troops ….but it was resolved till the player with 57,231ts attacked the smallest town of the 213,300 player..giving him the ultimate right to pick on THE WHOLE ALLIANCE ...is p's and q's man things happen all the time on this game like that and always have

I would rather sit around being a robin hood then a lashback farmer
    • I agree that you'll find bullies everywhere, but I highly doubt that a merger would encourage it.

Let me put it this way. Right now, you've got around 150 active players on a server. If your account is somewhat developed, you'll have CTs with around 40-50 of them. That leaves you with around 100 people that you can hit. But those are scattered throughout the whole map, and nobody is gonna go on pillaging missions longer than a couple of hours. That leaves you with 20 people that you can hit in the best case scenario.

And those 20 people might be your neighbours who probably helped you at some point. Maybe they bought or sold resources to you. Maybe an alliance you were ar war with was deploying to your town and they informed you about it. Basically if you want to pillage anything other than barbarians, you'll end up pillaging the same few people and bullying them into submission if they can't fight back.

This scenario would be almost impossible in a much larger server, say over 600 people. If you're a 1M TS player and a merger happens, you're not gonna go after 50K TS players unless they really did something to piss you off. You'll most likely find someone with a similar score as yours.

When I started playing on Boreas, it has been released for quite some time. And I also got bullied for a while. But that didn't really hold me back, and although I might not even be in the top 50 TS, I think it's pretty safe to say that I can hold my own against pretty much anyone on the server.

That being said, I understand why people might worry when thinking about a merger, but trust me, it's not that bad for small players. And as someone already mentioned, you get beefed up quarries and the rest of the resources stuff, which will be a great help for growth
      "Ughhhhh arghhhhh ughhhhh"
      - Some random zombie
    • ZombieGuy wrote:

I agree that you'll find bullies everywhere, but I highly doubt that a merger would encourage it.

Let me put it this way. Right now, you've got around 150 active players on a server. If your account is somewhat developed, you'll have CTs with around 40-50 of them. That leaves you with around 100 people that you can hit. But those are scattered throughout the whole map, and nobody is gonna go on pillaging missions longer than a couple of hours. That leaves you with 20 people that you can hit in the best case scenario.

And those 20 people might be your neighbours who probably helped you at some point. Maybe they bought or sold resources to you. Maybe an alliance you were ar war with was deploying to your town and they informed you about it. Basically if you want to pillage anything other than barbarians, you'll end up pillaging the same few people and bullying them into submission if they can't fight back.

This scenario would be almost impossible in a much larger server, say over 600 people. If you're a 1M TS player and a merger happens, you're not gonna go after 50K TS players unless they really did something to piss you off. You'll most likely find someone with a similar score as yours.

When I started playing on Boreas, it has been released for quite some time. And I also got bullied for a while. But that didn't really hold me back, and although I might not even be in the top 50 TS, I think it's pretty safe to say that I can hold my own against pretty much anyone on the server.

That being said, I understand why people might worry when thinking about a merger, but trust me, it's not that bad for small players. And as someone already mentioned, you get beefed up quarries and the rest of the resources stuff, which will be a great help for growth
      So true. Eakaos, I'll give you an account if you want to come to Boreas and roll with a good crew but sadly there's not much happening here...
    • BloodRain wrote:

Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

BloodRain wrote:

I know you are related to them and their silly idea, so it doesn't matter if you made this thread or your big boss Knuckle head made it as in other areas of the forums.Onto your first point now, "it eventually happened" when Gameforge found a strong reason to do it.They surely didn't do it because five people were spamming forums to get it done.They don't care about your posts, get over yourself.Much smarter people came up with clever and actual IDEAS, and they didn't make it.
      Again...get you're facts straight.

knuckles wrote:

This is besides the point but if you must know, knuckles and I have been enemies for quiet some time now but I respect and accept his views on this topic because he inputs his ideas in a constructive manner, something you have no ability to do obviously. I think Knuckles has a great idea about transferring an account to your server and whooping you a new butt hole, what server do you play on? I have account of all sizes from 25 million on down to 300k so that you can't complain about being out matched when you loose and ultimately vacation your account like the n00b you are. We live in the same city even ;) so there's issues with time zone. I beg you to keep being a smart ass.
      Nice to see some people from other servers hoping over to add to this discussion constructively. Please continue to spread the work and keep this going.

Too much blah blah here.I await your arrival and I too have accounts of all sizes, from 47mil to 120k.
      Now keep crying on your server.
    • BloodRain wrote:

ZombieGuy wrote:

I agree that you'll find bullies everywhere, but I highly doubt that a merger would encourage it.

So true. Eakaos, I'll give you an account if you want to come to Boreas and roll with a good crew but sadly there's not much happening here...
      Please don't give him an account.
    • I do nderstand that as well but that's why they are trying to strategize money with a new server cause an old one that's dead generates none...we wish for yo to play Eirene with us and ambro an account up or two would be funner then an old dead server

Older players with newer accounts know a lot more and would bring a lot more to the server as well … just a thought...and you start fresh with maybe people have or haven't played with
    • i am top1 in s26 and i dont want to merge. I am sim player, have a very high level resources deposit and i dont think it will remaining them when merging.
      Even if s26 merge with s25 or s27,s28... I am still top1 anyway. and my total points will surpass top1 of s24 in about 4 months even he's played 1 year before me.
      I repeat: in just 2 days of merging, i cant up my deposits to this level. So i dont agree.