SERVER MERGE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• gamer wrote:

i am top1 in s26 and i dont want to merge. I am sim player, have a very high level resources deposit and i dont think it will remaining them when merging.
      Even if s26 merge with s25 or s27,s28... I am still top1 anyway. and my total points will surpass top1 of s24 in about 4 months even he's played 1 year before me.
      I repeat: in just 2 days of merging, i cant up my deposits to this level. So i dont agree.
      last time they did the merger you got to keep everything about your account, and credit to use towards upgrading the mills on the islands you land on. plus one free town relocation per town. I don't remember how much credit they gave you but may be able to check old forums for it
      "My people believe the raven to be a harbinger of change. When the raven’s shadow sweeps across your heart your life will change, for good or ill, there is no way to know. And you, Vaelin Al Sorna, warrior in service to the Faith, are the Shadow of the Raven"
    • RavensShadow wrote:

gamer wrote:

i am top1 in s26 and i dont want to merge. I am sim player, have a very high level resources deposit and i dont think it will remaining them when merging.
      Even if s26 merge with s25 or s27,s28... I am still top1 anyway. and my total points will surpass top1 of s24 in about 4 months even he's played 1 year before me.
      I repeat: in just 2 days of merging, i cant up my deposits to this level. So i dont agree.
      last time they did the merger you got to keep everything about your account, and credit to use towards upgrading the mills on the islands you land on. plus one free town relocation per town. I don't remember how much credit they gave you but may be able to check old forums for it
      they will give us 2 days to update deposits. The time of updating is shorter than usual but i am sure it is not enough.
    • Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

It depends on what levels you had/how much resources you will have in donations fund to spend.Someone did a math on this long time ago when merger was a new thing and there were certain high levels that you couldn't achieve within the shortened level up period.
      my sawmills's level are 48 and 46. Vineyards level are 38 and 36.
      I know this match. With few hundreds of million materials building, its impossible to update in just 2 days.
    • When in 2015 merge happened, then Gameforge gave players about 3 weeks to spend resources for mills and luxury resources upgrades and they even extended this period, because they saw that this period was too short and max time for upgrade was 12 hours in this period.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Monk ().

• gamer wrote:

Which server or servers do you play on?

For those for those few of you that don't agree with it, I challenge you to give facts that support how the game would be better with a declining player base.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BloodRain ().

• The merge before ignited the servers and some servers are still kicking from it. Ny for example. It was already a server of intensity but after the merge it made it tremendous. Half of that is cause the great Fighter Server (Omicron and Sigma was both put into Ny). Boreas needs a merger bad

"I don't know about you guys. It's been my goal since the start of epsilon to kill the server.I enjoy bullying the little guys into inactive status.. pillagin the bigger guys into crying to their alliances, and they quit too. The only rule that has ever applied is "last man standing wins" I intend to win"
      -Napoleon Blown-Apart of Epsilon (Greatest saying ever)
    • Merger does not guarantee anything.Example of NY is as described by Weezy, but only because people who play(ed) NY made the server alive.

There are many other merged servers that died once again after merger, so there's no such principle that guarantees merger is a right thing.It is surely an attempt though.
    • Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

Merger does not guarantee anything.Example of NY is as described by Weezy, but only because people who play(ed) NY made the server alive.

There are many other merged servers that died once again after merger, so there's no such principle that guarantees merger is a right thing.It is surely an attempt though.
      this is true. the players make the servers. we need players like chuck norris back who make everyone go insane haha

"I don't know about you guys. It's been my goal since the start of epsilon to kill the server.I enjoy bullying the little guys into inactive status.. pillagin the bigger guys into crying to their alliances, and they quit too. The only rule that has ever applied is "last man standing wins" I intend to win"
    • Dr Weezy wrote:

Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

Merger does not guarantee anything.Example of NY is as described by Weezy, but only because people who play(ed) NY made the server alive.

this is true. the players make the servers. we need players like chuck norris back who make everyone go insane haha

LMAO

But it is actually true.Think about all the names who made NY great before merger.Some of them stayed and some new people came after merger and server continued to deliver.

With no intent to offend folks on new servers, but the main problem is they are short term visioned players and they jump from one to another server.Also, they joined at the time when piracy was a trend so they focused on that more than the combat.Piracy gets repetitive and boring at some point, so does the building aspect of the game. Their lack of anticipation for military is the problem.
    • Ahhh the days without piracy. The boards would be flooded with CRs cause that’s all you could do. Pillage and attack until your heart gave out. Then woke up and did it again. Greatest wars have come before piracy