SERVER MERGE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SERVER MERGE

The situation has reached catastrophic levels and a server merge is desperately needed. I'm tired of hearing that "It's not possible at this time", at what depleted player base is it going to take to see action taken? The longer it takes the more we loose. It's time to stand up and protest. If you support a merge, post in this thread.

SERVERACTIVE PLAYERSOVERALL %
      Alpha
      N/A
      N/A
      Ny
      N/A
      N/A
      Omega
      72%
      Apollon
      59%
      Asklepios
      62%
      Boreas
      64%
      Charon
      53%
      Demeter
      69%
      Dionysos
      69%
      Eirene
      88%
      War Server
      63%

Stats subject to change at any given time
    • You can’t just merge servers, It wouldn’t be fair for the newer server’s players. What GameForge shoud think about is merge servers from different countries that have almost the same age. For example merge US alpha server and Spain alpha server and all the others servers from different countries that have the same age.
      That would be great and fair for everyone. Even GF would be benefit from this because players would be more willing to spend money in a more active servers like they were in 2008 to 2011.
    • Pepe el Pollo wrote:

You can’t just merge servers, It wouldn’t be fair for the newer server’s players. What GameForge shoud think about is merge servers from different countries that have almost the same age. For example merge US alpha server and Spain alpha server and all the others servers from different countries that have the same age.
      That would be great and fair for everyone. Even GF would be benefit from this because players would be more willing to spend money in a more active servers like they were in 2008 to 2011.
      Yes they can, they already did it once.
    • board.es.ikariam.gameforge.com/

Just take a look to the Spanish boards.
      They are super active because is the only server in Spanish so it is used for more countries.

And they also have more active servers so you could be 100% that at least one is almost the same years old than yours, thus they could be merged

Also GF could benefit from this because players would be more willing to spent money in more active servers.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Pepe el Pollo ().

• I don't think new players joining old servers is a huge problem. They could get an extended protection period, and I'm pretty sure there aren't many people who would go so low as to attack players that are 10x smaller than them.

And there are always ways of dealing with bullies. When I joined Boreas I got bit by quite a few people that were pretty huge. Grow the warehouses, don't give away resources, and they will stop. And if a small player has problems with a big one, I'd be more than happy to take care of it.
      "Ughhhhh arghhhhh ughhhhh"
      - Some random zombie
    • It’s seems that they want the game to fail.
      All the people that play is because they used to play the game before. They don’t make any adds of the game in any web site or social media, even when facebook and google offer tools that could target possible players that might be interested in the game.
      They GF team still live in 2008
      We should contact them in their myspace pages
    • I've been through 2 merges. always revitalized the game.
      I play for fun. I don't sweat the petty chit, nor pet the sweaty chit. Proud to be a Member of -Z- on Boreas, but keep in mind it's just a freaking game, lol.
      Say Hello to Tris, My Wife and I's Rescue Cat. Mess with Us, She'll claw Yer eyes out 8^)
    • ZombieGuy wrote:

I'm pretty sure there aren't many people who would go so low as to attack players that are 10x smaller than them.
      But unfortunately there is few that type of players, because about a half year ago I decided to create new account and when i had reached about 5k total score one player with about 10kk total score pillaged all my towns and said to me something like this "If you are not with us, then you are against us and its your own fault that you can't protect your towns from attacks" and honestly after that message from him, I just deleted my account.
    • Monk wrote:

ZombieGuy wrote:

I'm pretty sure there aren't many people who would go so low as to attack players that are 10x smaller than them.
      But unfortunately there is few that type of players, because about a half year ago I decided to create new account and when i had reached about 5k total score one player with about 10kk total score pillaged all my towns and said to me something like this "If you are not with us, then you are against us and its your own fault that you can't protect your towns from attacks" and honestly after that message from him, I just deleted my account.
      Unfortunately I can't keep track on all players who get attacked. But if someone messages me for help, I'll hop in.

Attacking players who are way lower than you is just bullying. There are ways of dealing with bullies, even if you're super small, but you can't retaliate. You can just waste their time and gold.
      - Some random zombie
    • Mea1 wrote:

We are asking for merges on a weekly basis. Giving the numbers listed in this thread. However that doesn't change the fact that merges are impossible right now.
      Unless the technical team is filled with lazy incompetent people, I seriously doubt that a merger is impossible. A technical error that would render merging impossible would cause way more issues than just that, and even so, with a little bit of work is fixable.

Personally, I only see two reasons why mergers are not allowed. The GMs are either hoping that people will buy ambrosia to transfer their accounts to active server, which is greedy and will kill the game, or they simply don't care anymore.
      - Some random zombie
    • For me account transfer would be hard, because one account, that i have in different community have 28kk total score and that means that there are only few servers in whole ikariam where i could transfer that account, because in almost every server it would be in top 50 and even if i would transfer my account to other server, i probably would need to spend extra ambrosia for town relocation, because whats the chance that after account transfer I would get exact level islands and not mentioning other accounts that should be transferred to.