SERVER MERGE

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • SERVER MERGE

      The situation has reached catastrophic levels and a server merge is desperately needed. I'm tired of hearing that "It's not possible at this time", at what depleted player base is it going to take to see action taken? The longer it takes the more we loose. It's time to stand up and protest. If you support a merge, post in this thread.




      SERVERACTIVE PLAYERSOVERALL %
      Alpha N/A
      N/A
      NyN/A
      N/A
      Omega153
      72%
      Apollon131
      59%
      Asklepios242
      62%
      Boreas164
      64%
      Charon115
      53%
      Demeter223
      69%
      Dionysos465
      69%
      Eirene588
      88%
      War Server252
      63%




      Stats subject to change at any given time
    • There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here.
    • Scythe wrote:

      There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here.
      I guess that you didn't experienced previous merge. Because in previous merge donations weren't lost and after merge all resources what you donated in old server where given back to you, that you could donate it again. Broken Ct's wasn't problem too, because developers gave +1000 happiness for 7 days. Town relocation wasn't problem too, because you had opportunity to relocate for once each town for free where ever you wanted in server.
      In my opinion servers that where closed and merged in other servers where bigger winners than those, who where not closed. That's because those who already played in this servers didn't have this chances to relocate towns or re-donate resources, they had to stay where they already was. But those who was transferred to this servers had opportunity to find upgraded islands, that where became empty and transfer towns there and that gave them chance to get on better upgraded islands than in their old servers.
    • Monk wrote:

      Scythe wrote:

      There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here.
      I guess that you didn't experienced previous merge. Because in previous merge donations weren't lost and after merge all resources what you donated in old server where given back to you, that you could donate it again. Broken Ct's wasn't problem too, because developers gave +1000 happiness for 7 days. Town relocation wasn't problem too, because you had opportunity to relocate for once each town for free where ever you wanted in server.In my opinion servers that where closed and merged in other servers where bigger winners than those, who where not closed. That's because those who already played in this servers didn't have this chances to relocate towns or re-donate resources, they had to stay where they already was. But those who was transferred to this servers had opportunity to find upgraded islands, that where became empty and transfer towns there and that gave them chance to get on better upgraded islands than in their old servers.
      That sounds interesting, but still leaves the scrambling to have alliances work to get control of island chains that are reasonably pumped up already. I'm not saying it's a horrible idea, but I don't think it's all wine and roses either. I do agree that something has to be done, and this is probably the most reasonable one to expect GF to offer as a solution. It frees up server space for them and doesn't involve changing part of the in game economy by making CT's more valuable or introducing more powerful NPC's (to engage in trade or have CT's with).

      This game is no longer in it's heyday, like it was say 8-10 years ago, too many things have changed and too many of the key players have left the game. I just don't know if the cycle of making new servers and merging ad nauseum is necessarily the best way to keep the game going. It seems like they should take a look at what it would take to attract and retain more players in game mechanic evolution, rather than this reactionary BS. It might even take considering cultural differences for different markets and having game mechanics that cater to mindsets of people in different countries.
    • You've spammed this thread in a whole mess of server sections, yet anyone who speaks out withd ecent reasoned arguements based on history and actual stats from the previous merges gets told to stfu and no one cares.

      Maybe you should stop playong on every single server that pops up.

      Maybe, instead of biatching about there being no ability to do things at this time, you actually buy ambrosia regularly and support Gameforge. they don't have the resources at this time allocated to them to do any sweepingc hanges, this has been said many times. More importantly, Ikariam is not really a profitable game for them, it generates enough to keep it alive and going but beyond that? Free to play doean't mean free to run. Plenty of browser games no longer exist. Instead of beinga spoilt idiot, Blood Rain, maybe you should get grounded in reality instead of crying like a baby because you figrued that a newer server wouldn't follow the course of all previous newer servers and die off really fast and instead you could have just started on an older server with a stable player base.

      You know, like Ny, or Alpa/Beta which you are conveniently ignoring despite server merges beinga global thing that affect ALL SERVERS. Or did you forget this in your childish outburst across the whole server?

      STFU and spend real money on Ikariam every now and then and then maybe, with an increase in profitable revenue, more things will happen with Ikariam.



      P.S. For anyone interested, the detailed response I gave which looked at both previous merges and what happened to player bases when the merges occurred (it wasn't good) is here:

      Spidey's detailed response about merges affecting ALL servers and looking at what happened in the past 2 server merges gets shat all over by idiots who want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore reality

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • BloodRain wrote:

      Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

      BloodRain wrote:

      I've given up trying to educate the retards. It's time to speed up the decay of players. The ghosts of gamma will rise to make players quit and force a merge.
      Good stuff you're on.
      Learn your history. There has been an 8% decrease in activity compared to this time last month.
      We're a week away from Christmas and then the New year hits.

      Most people are barely touching the game this time of year.

      CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING.

      Feck you're an idiot mate.

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • There is no need to insult each other, as you say, is almost Christmas!!!!
      Is time to pray learn about Yisus the robot of the future and sing together

      There is no need to talk about a merge, it’s not going to happen.

      Just join new server, play until everyone is gone again (3 months) and then join the newer one.
    • Pepe el Pollo wrote:

      There is no need to insult each other, as you say, is almost Christmas!!!!
      Is time to pray learn about Yisus the robot of the future and sing together

      There is no need to talk about a merge, it’s not going to happen.

      Just join new server, play until everyone is gone again (3 months) and then join the newer one.
      Yep, see that's why my suggestion of starting a fixed server that resets after 3-6 months instead of constantly releasing newer servers that get the same rapid loss of players when a new server opens up, is one that should be seriously considered. It's not time for merges 9which, i agree, won't happen anytime soon), it's time a change in Ikariam's business model.

      Also, who/what is Yisus the robot of the future?

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • The “fixed server” already exists, it’s called war server, and resets every 6 months.
      I believe that all the new servers should be deleted or discontinued. Just give players the option to play at alpha, Beta, Ny, or the war server. Thus, there won’t be ghost servers.




      That is Yisus the robot of the future, I hope that you understand Spanish because is very funny and incorrect at the same time
    • No the warserver is not standard ikariam. Gold pillaging changes the entire way you play.

      I'm experimenting with it for the first time ever currently, I'm not even a week in and I have over 80 trade ships from how much gold I've pillaged off others. That, you can't do with normal ikariam.

      They need a standard fixed server that resets and I firmly believe that's the most effective way to retain player base. The tutorial and new account bonuses are massive these days so playing on an older non-resetting server is perfectly viable, same as on a normal resetting server.

      omixgodlydemon wrote:

      non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D


      Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D