SERVER MERGE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SERVER MERGE

The situation has reached catastrophic levels and a server merge is desperately needed. I'm tired of hearing that "It's not possible at this time", at what depleted player base is it going to take to see action taken? The longer it takes the more we loose. It's time to stand up and protest. If you support a merge, post in this thread.

SERVERACTIVE PLAYERSOVERALL %
      Alpha N/A
      N/A
      NyN/A
      N/A
      Omega153
      72%
      Apollon131
      59%
      Asklepios242
      62%
      Boreas164
      64%
      Charon115
      53%
      Demeter223
      69%
      Dionysos465
      69%
      Eirene588
      88%
      War Server252
      63%

Stats subject to change at any given time
    • There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here.
    • Scythe wrote:

There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here.
      I guess that you didn't experienced previous merge. Because in previous merge donations weren't lost and after merge all resources what you donated in old server where given back to you, that you could donate it again. Broken Ct's wasn't problem too, because developers gave +1000 happiness for 7 days. Town relocation wasn't problem too, because you had opportunity to relocate for once each town for free where ever you wanted in server.
      In my opinion servers that where closed and merged in other servers where bigger winners than those, who where not closed. That's because those who already played in this servers didn't have this chances to relocate towns or re-donate resources, they had to stay where they already was. But those who was transferred to this servers had opportunity to find upgraded islands, that where became empty and transfer towns there and that gave them chance to get on better upgraded islands than in their old servers.
    • Monk wrote:

Scythe wrote:

There are too many things you will lose in a merge, donations being one... Ct's will be another debacle. Never mind trying to get your cities situated. It would be a cluster of idiocy, with people scrambling to get to islands that are good logistically and and are leveled up.. Unless we merge those players from other less active servers to here.
      I guess that you didn't experienced previous merge. Because in previous merge donations weren't lost and after merge all resources what you donated in old server where given back to you, that you could donate it again. Broken Ct's wasn't problem too, because developers gave +1000 happiness for 7 days. Town relocation wasn't problem too, because you had opportunity to relocate for once each town for free where ever you wanted in server.In my opinion servers that where closed and merged in other servers where bigger winners than those, who where not closed. That's because those who already played in this servers didn't have this chances to relocate towns or re-donate resources, they had to stay where they already was. But those who was transferred to this servers had opportunity to find upgraded islands, that where became empty and transfer towns there and that gave them chance to get on better upgraded islands than in their old servers.
      That sounds interesting, but still leaves the scrambling to have alliances work to get control of island chains that are reasonably pumped up already. I'm not saying it's a horrible idea, but I don't think it's all wine and roses either. I do agree that something has to be done, and this is probably the most reasonable one to expect GF to offer as a solution. It frees up server space for them and doesn't involve changing part of the in game economy by making CT's more valuable or introducing more powerful NPC's (to engage in trade or have CT's with).

This game is no longer in it's heyday, like it was say 8-10 years ago, too many things have changed and too many of the key players have left the game. I just don't know if the cycle of making new servers and merging ad nauseum is necessarily the best way to keep the game going. It seems like they should take a look at what it would take to attract and retain more players in game mechanic evolution, rather than this reactionary BS. It might even take considering cultural differences for different markets and having game mechanics that cater to mindsets of people in different countries.