SERVER MERGE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Spidey Taak wrote:

No the warserver is not standard ikariam. Gold pillaging changes the entire way you play.
      Truer words were never spoken on this forum. I remember when they took gold pillaging away, and how it completely changed how war was waged, cities defended and how piracy (between players, not that insipid in game game that they have now) occurred. I also remember how players left in droves when it happened. It was truly the beginning of the end for this game. I was honestly surprised that it is still up and running, when I came back to try my hand at it again (it has been a good little minute, since I had any appreciable free time). Considering how dead things are now, they either need to make CT's give more happiness and/or allow more boats and make them cheaper (to allow all the wine to get shipped around). The difficulty in getting them is effectively a soft cap in account growth.
    • Scythe wrote:

Spidey Taak wrote:

No the warserver is not standard ikariam. Gold pillaging changes the entire way you play.
      Truer words were never spoken on this forum. I remember when they took gold pillaging away, and how it completely changed how war was waged, cities defended and how piracy (between players, not that insipid in game game that they have now) occurred. I also remember how players left in droves when it happened. It was truly the beginning of the end for this game. I was honestly surprised that it is still up and running, when I came back to try my hand at it again (it has been a good little minute, since I had any appreciable free time). Considering how dead things are now, they either need to make CT's give more happiness and/or allow more boats and make them cheaper (to allow all the wine to get shipped around). The difficulty in getting them is effectively a soft cap in account growth.
      Ikariam is a long term game.

I've got no real issues on my main account that's now at 52 million TS after approaching 8 years of gameplay, it has max ambrosia level taverns and museums, even without the 24 extra museums and 24 extra tavern levels, I can still have enough happiness to support population to max helping hands my obscene level mines and mills. On the flip side, a shorter term account approaching 7 million TS, I'm not having issues with happiness.

Ideally at 12 colonies with TH levels at 32, you can get away with 3 wine colonies, 4 is a bit much, this assumes level 35+ vineyards and max boosters mind, but that's part of the game play - donating, few people really focus on that aspect of the game to their longterm detriment. It's not about how long it takes to become profitable based on what you've invested, that's never going to be a thing. Rather, it's about speed of income in the moment, and that is actually far more important as you will get ahead of everyone else who just sit and don't donate. Having colonies across 2 or 3 islands only also helps, all of one type of resource on one island onlys o donations are multiplicative in effectiveness. Again this is all planning for the long term.

If you are spread all over the place, you limit yourself and need to make use of traders nearby although that's not always doable, so it is down to choices.

If you are looking for a short term development, play on ARES. It has gold pillaging. It has a very small player base, like 150ish active players. So you won't fill out ct's (the tutorial gives you 22 ambrosia these days that's also 5 ct searches, that will fill your ct's up pretty much instantly, and 5 times you can do it). But the increased happiness from each level of tavern helps and the general speed of income puts it into overdrive. You can get an average of 10,000 TS development each day inside of your first week of gameplay if you are smart in attack targets and constant in pillaging (including wiping barbarians), and the income is truly insane very fast.

Normal ikariam doesn't need to make ct's give more happiness nor do you need more speed - that is already an option but at lower transport capacity, so it's a balancing effect there. Once you've got efficient building down pat, you will be fine with happiness, but it's a lot of planning and playing for the longterm, as in years, though you'll be fine steadilya s you play along. Just don't expect to have full population Town Hall level 36's inside the first 6 months and across dozen colonies (well outside the warserver anyways which isn't normal ikariam mind).

Your soft cap in account growth is not really a thing. Growth is dependent entirely on resource income. A resource booster is income, but a resource reducer is ALSO an income generator. People don't view them that way, they should. A level 32 carpenter is a 32% bonus to income in effect, because all wood will go 32% further. So it is essential to have both boosters and at least a carpenters and architects in all towns, and a wine press wouldn't go astray either (and with the extra build spot we all got recently, there's no excuse NOT to be doing this regardless of your gameplay style).

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D