Fly My Lantern Story Needs a Proper Ending!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• To remind everyone about where we left off;

No bro what actually happened is, an Ukranian man from Japan was traveling to China and this was when China and British were in war but plot twist is that this man has a little daughter, so when this man got caught in war with this little child he did not want his child to get harmed and Chinese man who saw the situation wanted to help him out and they made a giant lantern for him to fly away his daughter, so when Chinese finished building the lantern they went up to him and said "Fly me lantern!" pointing at the child, as you know "my" does not exist in Mandarin so it is like fly me lantern you know. This man having no chance put her daughter in the lantern and they just flew it out right before British army stormed the town and burned everything to the ground, so it is very emotional context.....

Eakaos wrote:

I hope they don't think this is bumping causd I'm just gonna take a guess at what I might remember about it..

in war (china vs America some world war but I never cared about history of war) an American pilot walked into town injured tired and broken legged with no guns or other militarial gear walked into town and the first person who saw him out of many told him since it was dark "fly my lantern" in meaning of carry my lantern so the American soldier took the lantern and made his way through town to find someone who aided him in recovery of the leg and other injuries that had occurred to him when his plane crashed. He went back after recovery to the old man who barley understood English to give his lantern back healed and strong and told the man who gave him the lantern "fly my lantern" (in a stern voice) and when the man took it back he claimed he did not know English so the pilot decided to stay and teach them and in return they tought him mandarin and about Chinese culture and he spoke to them of American culture.

Bye the end of the war the MIA pilot claimed to his family to be dead retruned to America and told his story for years to all kinda of people including the president however the china man did not tell anyone outside of his town. and the American people came with lanterns to all over china telling them with the peace treaty that was signed between America and china "fly my lantern" however none of them knew why or what it meant and was told to be how americans were settling with commonors of china in all tones of American English. Sadly enough the old man who gave his first lantern died before it ever reached his town.

isn't that correct? but tbh it still meant nothing at all to anyone and was more of a joke to ppl I knew when I was in china 10 or more years ago and was meant to be said 50000000 times give or take however many you want but not less then 100 to a closing of a buissness deal once made (took 6 months of me going back and forth to china to finalize said deal). and theres no wrong way to say it because of how the original pilot said it being STERN most other American travelers to china where sweet. some bold after a while and some condescending after a misunderstanding etc about how it could be used therefor there is no wrong way to say Fly my Lantern???

if this is way off let me know what it really was about. but I think that is mostly correct if memory serves me right about the last person I ever knew that used the term that does offend me cause it uses "a bad word" and "my life" pretty much meaning condensation towards your own disposition of an event or mishap......

sorry if I misunderstood the meaning of for my learning I've never heard anyone use that this way and I refuse to accept that it should be used if this is an English speaing game/board unless its actually European cause the game is also based out of Germany isn't it?...most austrailians I know or have known use it for what americans use it for and Chinese ppl don't paraphrase it they say the whole sentence because they know the American/austrailian/south African term is what I and google say it is so I was just warning it has a bad meaning more then anything else
      [/quote]
    • so we're sure the Ukrainian-Japanese man is the correct story? it makes more sense in the historical context, since China and USA never fought against each other in a world war, but the whole balloon-escape plan seems much more dodgy than the very gritty, moving account of the injured soldier traveling in the dark.
      "My people believe the raven to be a harbinger of change. When the raven’s shadow sweeps across your heart your life will change, for good or ill, there is no way to know. And you, Vaelin Al Sorna, warrior in service to the Faith, are the Shadow of the Raven"
    • October 21st, 2018.
      Somewhere on the coasts of South China sea
      A group of Chinese villagers met one American tourist who got lost after visiting China to see The Great Chinese Wall
      Then he ended up in this village and met some Chinese villagers... they couldn't properly communicate but Chinese villagers brought up this historic story of American-Chinese friendship.American visitor immediately figured it out all and revealed a magic secret of My Flying Lanterns.

He revealed that if any village gets that name, it instantly travels 300 years into the future and develops into a Metropolis three times the size of Tokyo and becomes Illuminated by lanterns.Luckily, there has been no Japanese around there to obstruct the deal and what you see on the picture on the left is what happened at the end.
    • RavensShadow wrote:

so we're sure the Ukrainian-Japanese man is the correct story? it makes more sense in the historical context, since China and USA never fought against each other in a world war, but the whole balloon-escape plan seems much more dodgy than the very gritty, moving account of the injured soldier traveling in the dark.
      I see the possibility of this Ukrainian-Japanese man being an CIA agent according to the story Eakaos defends, but i think he was a opium supplier, as that was the biggest weapon of British during the war.
    • Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

October 21st, 2018.
      Somewhere on the coasts of South China sea
      A group of Chinese villagers met one American tourist who got lost after visiting China to see The Great Chinese Wall
      Then he ended up in this village and met some Chinese villagers... they couldn't properly communicate but Chinese villagers brought up this historic story of American-Chinese friendship.American visitor immediately figured it out all and revealed a magic secret of My Flying Lanterns.

He revealed that if any village gets that name, it instantly travels 300 years into the future and develops into a Metropolis three times the size of Tokyo and becomes Illuminated by lanterns.Luckily, there has been no Japanese around there to obstruct the deal and what you see on the picture on the left is what happened at the end.
      That actually explains why Trump put sanctions on China lately, because Area 52 discovered some cases of Chinese men flying into future and the ritual consist of talking with Ukrainian accent and popping the lantern right after you enter the stratosphere, if all of these Chinese men goes into future before us Americans then we are in a huge danger, China will set the future up for themselves.
    • Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

Man, that recent statements from Trump about creating space force was all about countering stratosphere force of flying Chinese army.Don't believe our government, we are under serious grave threat.We must get our focus on lanterns again in order to get this situation under our control!
      Amazing point, actually another historical context has it , China had a secret program called Go F Yourself, so it is planning to make it possible for an individuals to create these flying lanterns and "go fly themselves" to the future to create actual Chinese settlement in the future before Americans arrive. This is how the abbreviation of gfy became popular among teens they use it as to offend each other but it is a mastermind Chinese brainwash, they trying to emphasize this dirty invasion into unaware minds to gain unintentional global support, i think project Go Fly Yourself also needs a lot of attention...
    • Lodos wrote:

Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

Man, that recent statements from Trump about creating space force was all about countering stratosphere force of flying Chinese army.Don't believe our government, we are under serious grave threat.We must get our focus on lanterns again in order to get this situation under our control!
      Amazing point, actually another historical context has it , China had a secret program called Go F Yourself, so it is planning to make it possible for an individuals to create these flying lanterns and "go fly themselves" to the future to create actual Chinese settlement in the future before Americans arrive. This is how the abbreviation of gfy became popular among teens they use it as to offend each other but it is a mastermind Chinese brainwash, they trying to emphasize this dirty invasion into unaware minds to gain unintentional global support, i think project Go Fly Yourself also needs a lot of attention...

Not only did this become popular among teens and governments, but my latest findings show that even technological giants such as NVidia were very familiar with all this mess.We all remember that Nvidia performance on conference this year when they made a simulation to prove Moon landing wasn't a hoax? Well, many people have wondered why did they care anyways... and here's why.

NVidia knew all about Go F My Lantern but to keep themselves on safe distance (as they worried about getting hacked by Chinese), they took part in this mess by making special NVidia GeForce GPUs.Pay attention on the secret detail here; GeForce.To make curious minds even less suspicious of this, they continued onto these secret slogans by using ML codes for some of the GPUs and not all.

NVidia, you are :busted:

Some good news for owners of Nvidia's GeForce ML cards is that you can now head into your NVidia Experience app and enter a promo code FLY-MY-LANTERN to unlock glowing feature.CAUTION: Your monitor will glow so much that you will become blind and both you and your desktop will fly into stratosphere.It isn't a big deal if you have Ukrainian origins though.
    • Incident in China: As the world keeps getting shocked about FML findings, China is now on heat because of an incident that took place in Shangai's Central Hospital.

According to Chinese News Agency, a man stormed into hospital and screamed FML.About 30 seconds later, guards showed up and obliterated him with lanterns. Poor man was grounded and when asked what was his last wish, he said "All I wanted is you to Fix My Liver".Then he died and flew into stratosphere.

Amnesty International has already reacted and calls upon the world to enter a nuclear war.
      What a scary time to be alive.
    • Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

Lodos wrote:

Gιαɴɴιѕ wrote:

Not only did this become popular among teens and governments, but my latest findings show that even technological giants such as NVidia were very familiar with all this mess.We all remember that Nvidia performance on conference this year when they made a simulation to prove Moon landing wasn't a hoax? Well, many people have wondered why did they care anyways... and here's why.

NVidia knew all about Go F My Lantern but to keep themselves on safe distance (as they worried about getting hacked by Chinese), they took part in this mess by making special NVidia GeForce GPUs.Pay attention on the secret detail here; GeForce.To make curious minds even less suspicious of this, they continued onto these secret slogans by using ML codes for some of the GPUs and not all.

NVidia, you are :busted:

Some good news for owners of Nvidia's GeForce ML cards is that you can now head into your NVidia Experience app and enter a promo code FLY-MY-LANTERN to unlock glowing feature.CAUTION: Your monitor will glow so much that you will become blind and both you and your desktop will fly into stratosphere.It isn't a big deal if you have Ukrainian origins though.

Well then do you mind if i ask you explain this picture! Also tell me why just as soon as Elon Musk got "high" and according to this picture exceeded stratosphere he got fired from being the chairman of Tesla?!!

Elon Musk's Chinese Secret Organization Allegations

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lodos ().