The State of TRADE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Actually I'm a Wind Bag a bit more then 5 times your size, but more importantly I have this wonderful gift of peessing off everyone.

That said I had been writing up a detailed post in response to your comments on being a chopper pilot and a soldier not a whatever, but I'llc ut that down real short (ish):

No one gives a fluck abouts emantics Mr WeddingDog you sailor you.

And no one cares for this attitude that you, and so many other people who are or have been a member of the armed forces have of being superior to everyone else.

WOW! You were a chopper pilot.

You have no idea about what MosXero, myelf, MrWeezey or anyone else in this thread, on these boards, or who play this game, have achieved in their lives. You have no context of the trials and hurdles they've faced and overcome and no idea what they do, how dangerous it is or how technically intensive it is.

Good for you, you were a sailor in the army.

And you drove around in a whirly bird.

One of my good friends of the past 2 decades irl is in the Australian Army band. The level of competition to secure a position and then hold that position is insane. Now, you, like many other people probably will turn around and be all, well so what, he plays an instrument in the army, that doesn't compare to being a helicopter pilot in the army and ina combat situation.

And this is where context and not knowing anythintg about people plays into it.

Why? Because musician man over there who is short and tiny and got given the heaviest weapon they could find for him to lug around in training also passed the special forces training program and if he ever wanted to or was called upon to, he'd leave being a musician aside and go off and participate in some of the most challenging combat operations in the world.

But what sets him apart from you and many others like you, is that he admits the training was the hardest thing he had done to that point, and whilst he can't talk about details or of any deployment he may or may not have done, he also is humble about it.

He knows there are people in all different situations worldwide, in all different career paths or life circumstances that all have challenges as difficult if not more so to overcome and prosper in, and so he doesn't lord this thing that he did and does over anyone else.

So whilst i wouldn't rip into him like I am you, the difference right there is plain as day - he's humble about it and doesn't get bent out of shape when people argue semenatics or talk about stuff they have no actual real time experience in and he doesnt care about semantics either. Indded, he's right there with us yelling 'G'day Sailor!' at the army people when they do water manouvres on the local river, and that always gets a reaction of 'we aren't sailors!' and wonderful colourful insults and the occasional swerve the boat into shore to have a go, lol.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • #6 :The State of TRADE Report is presented by the Ny Trade Corporation (TRADE)
      We don't just Trade. We are TRADE!
      Ny TradeCorp

Valued Customers,

The Ny Trade Corporation is always dedicated to supplying the server with unmatched service in Trading.

However, our Company is not complete. Demand for private orders is growing everyday, and we have still not managed to acquired a full scale Arms Dealer. Crystal and Marble are what is in most demand right now, and if you can bulk supply 50k or more for sale a day, I have a spot for you.

To entice Arms Dealers as well, we only ask that you build to order. Choosing to maintain consistent stock on the market and risk the cost of it are welcome to do so, but will not be ask to. Also, we strongly encourage diversification of skills and services if that's what you need to stay active.

Operate a Arms/Merc/Sulfur Supply operation! I don't care, all of that sounds awesome!!!

** NY TRADECORP IS ALSO VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN BRINGING ON AN INTERNAL SECURITY TEAM TO DEAL WITH TRADE AGGRESSORS **

Friendly Alliances:

Why not send a multi to join Ny TradeCorp and establish an in-house connection with our Complete Trade Network. As a neutral Company, focused on Commerce, and not Military Supremacy, we can be relied upon as a trusted ally for the everyday needs of server life. Aspiring Warbankers and War Suppliers can also join up for temporary course in effective construction an management to be applied back home within their respective real Alliances.

Our Corporate Internal Forum is for 3 things:

1. Corporate Policy Debate and Discussion
      2. Establishing Customer Accounts an taking Orders
      3. Education

We also accept those wishing to teach Unique Game Styles, and reach the population that doesn't use the forum ( and we know there are lots who don't )

Honestly, I'll take anyone as crazy as I am about a specialized direction in game :thumbsup:

NYTC Price Report:

MosCo - All Locations [##BLOCKOUT WATCH IN EFFECT##]
      6g -
      7g -
      8g -
      8g -
      7g -

• You know, when i played OGame all those years ago before I touched Ikariam, I also had a trade consortium on our universe (29 on the US servers, alas the archive forums got wiped last year else some of the summary hits were truly amazing lol). Anyways, I had this thing where I could guarantee delivery inside of 24 hours, and I sold at a bit over mid-range and bought at the minimum price, and IO didn't falter with the pricing, they remained fixed - you knew I paid leas then what youw ere buying but it was guaranteed. Now whilst Ikariam doesn't have a system where you can have 5000 large cargo ships to meet demands, or 10 or 20 or whatever I had in the end, Maybe you should try and fix your prices. Buy at minimum but it's guaranteed buying everytime, and sell at mid range. Pick the price,s tick by it. Maybe, it will help more.

Also, this is in our spam section.

You realise the only people who view the spam section are people who are going to mess around and troll half the threads and posts they make right?

If you got rid of all the fluff as well and just said things straight tyo the points hort and sweet, i.e. get ridf of the role play elements, you might find more attention as well. I'd suggest startinga dedicated post in the diplomacy section. Ditch the role play crap no one cares about and has people leaving after half a line, and just sum it up in a few lines. It may actually help you out more.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Mos Quick Note:

Spidey Taak wrote:

Maybe you should try and fix your prices.

I have considered this, but I don't feel sold on the prospect of fixed pricing. I offer a safe spectrum though, I don't go less than 6g unless it's a specific sale, and I don't go more than 9g because 10 and up feels like too much.

Spidey Taak wrote:

Buy at minimum but it's guaranteed buying everytime, and sell at mid range. Pick the price,s tick by it. Maybe, it will help more.

Buying at a minimum is never guaranteed though, and that conflicts with MosCo's original purpose of making sure resources are always available. Generally, with the variable pricing, I can curb restocking demand and give myself a little break from running tranships over and over.

Spidey Taak wrote:

Also, this is in our spam section.

You realise the only people who view the spam section are people who are going to mess around and troll half the threads and posts they make right?
      The readership of this thread is throwing down hundreds of views a week. I receive many messages in game from players who like what I do and want to connect from trading. When sales are down, a Report always bumps sales and has done so since the Rho days with the OG MosCo Current Price Report.

Spidey Taak wrote:

If you got rid of all the fluff as well and just said things straight tyo the points hort and sweet, i.e. get ridf of the role play elements, you might find more attention as well. I'd suggest startinga dedicated post in the diplomacy section. Ditch the role play crap no one cares about and has people leaving after half a line, and just sum it up in a few lines. It may actually help you out more.

I like the fun, and I don't think most share your distain for it lol. To each their own I guess, but it's always worked for me. I have considered making a more official Career Opportunities at TRADE thread for the diplomacy section to help fill out more of what I would like TRADE to be.