Best government for power levelling an account

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Best government for power levelling an account

nomocracy is the single most OP government form you can get but most people don't really understand it despite how simple it is. You essentially expand with corruption but are able to very uickly bypass that corruption loss in income.

Eg. A 12th colony was placed whilst the 10 other colonies had GR 10's so one level of corruption would exist for them all. The 12thc olony at GR 6 is coming along, it has 36% corruption, and with abuse of troop dismissal you can get a high level early town hall fully populated fast. Around TH 15 and you are pulling in over 1000 resources per hour income a few boosters increases this significantly very fast and cheaply. I digress.

With 10 colonies at 3% corruption each that is an equivalent total of 30% corruption for a single colony and 0% corruption for 9 colonies (would be 80% without nomocracy - 5% extra per colony = 50% extra) this in effect gives me a single colony at 66% corruption (30% for the 10 existing GR 10 colonies and 36% for the 11th colony/12th town = 66%), or a 12th colony with 100%-66% = 34% extra income.

In effect the nomocracy expansion has me with 11.34 coloneis and it is improving as we speak. When I get the GR 10 done that will give me 33% corruption total across 11 colonies for in effect 11.67 colonies of production whilst saving and building the storage for the level 11 GR's. Which is months and months and probably at least a year of gameplay, so the extra 67% income equivalent for all that time adds up massively.

And hence, Nomocracy is the most Over Powered government there is for power levelling an account.

Fighter centric players will profess that some such as theocracy are better but unless you are fighting and pillaging every single day which even the best fighters don't or can't because there isn't always loot your passive mine and mill income is where the core development comes from.

Hopefully this clears up nomocracy a bit better

As an aside a colony can get to GR in less then week without reducers with a premium account for the build ueue you can max all 5 reducers geta decent dump and a GR 6 alongside solid colony development in less then 2.5 weeks of gameplay time so at the cost of 30% less income off of a single colony for 2.5 weeks you suddenly jump into a greater then 11 city income where as conventional expansion has you sitting at 11 city income for the next half to full year depending on your gameplay hours this puts you behind players who used and abused nomocracy first.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • In terms of Power leveling your account at the beginning stages, the best government to use would be Technocracy and taking advantage:
      • +5% Research points per hour - research is key to this game
      • +20% Unskilled labourers productivity - Not a lot of people like this advantage, but it is beneficial to be able to produce 100-400 extra materials an hour.
      In terms of power leveling your account at the end stages, I would say Nomocracy is only great to use when you have 11 towns, and intend to make a 12th and less than half of your GRs are below max level.
      • -5% Corruption in all towns - if all GRs are level 10, the corruption should then be 3%? (cant remember)
      • +20% Counter-espionage - pretty good to have

I wouldn't say nomocracy is overpowered, I think it matters on what you want to focus on. If you want don't want to level up GRs to max level, for a long time, because you don't have the ambro for double capacity, don't have the resources, or you're leveling up all 4 warehouses and depot to max level for all 12 towns, then nomocracy is a good idea....
    • DarkxBadmans wrote:

In terms of Power leveling your account at the beginning stages, the best government to use would be Technocracy and taking advantage:
      • +5% Research points per hour - research is key to this game
      • +20% Unskilled labourers productivity - Not a lot of people like this advantage, but it is beneficial to be able to produce 100-400 extra materials an hour.
      In terms of power leveling your account at the end stages, I would say Nomocracy is only great to use when you have 11 towns, and intend to make a 12th and less than half of your GRs are below max level.
      • -5% Corruption in all towns - if all GRs are level 10, the corruption should then be 3%? (cant remember)
      • +20% Counter-espionage - pretty good to have

I wouldn't say nomocracy is overpowered, I think it matters on what you want to focus on. If you want don't want to level up GRs to max level, for a long time, because you don't have the ambro for double capacity, don't have the resources, or you're leveling up all 4 warehouses and depot to max level for all 12 towns, then nomocracy is a good idea....
      i d8isagree wholeheartedly with technocracy being the best early form government, it is useful for the extra research but you don't have the population to have max helping hands in existing servers, and on new servers and new accounts, getting more colonies down sooner rather then later pushes you ahead of everyone else considerably faster barring the one or two hardcore pillagers that always dominate the first 6 or so months of any server but die off once players have less pillage and the chaff have been farmed to ghosting.On existing servers, you're looking at mid-30's for town hall levels before technocracy becomes effectively useful. If you've set up on crap islands that's not an argument for the government being stronger that's a demonstration of your inability tpo scout solid positions for long term game play.

To nomocracy and it's abuse - My main account, I was using it on my Palace 5 for the 6th and onwards colonies and it really pushed me ahead. We started back like 7 years ago, there was no piracy back then, and a new server (no merges back then either) to boot where we had a group of 4 players once we relocated and mass expanded to seal the island that would become our main island, and we all donated consierably more then anyone else ever does early on so the case for technocracy could be quite solid except by the numbers, it is just simply more effective to get a new colony down. Why? Because unskilled labourers productivity is just helping hands, not baseline income. 100 helping hands workers is not a huge amount of income 100 baseline workers is, at a base level 100 extra resources per hour, with boosters that jumps considerably more. That said the best example is one of my multis, It's dropped it's last colony at the 6 million TS mark, later then usual for me, but I fiddled and experimented with the account and it's ultra slim lined, but on an existings erver the technocracy would still fail considerably based on income alone.

The other aspect that should be considered with nomocracy is gold - more colonies sooner = more gold income generated if you are war-centric. Less corruption means less upkeep of population and more effective population growth so more gold overall sooner rather then later.

In term of proper endgame governements that is where it gets down to what you are doing at the time - fighting or developing. On the most upper end mines and mills you are looking at,a cross 12 colonies, 1200 odd extra income per hour from Technocracy (roughly 50 from the sawmill and luxury mine each hour each of 12 colonies) and whilst this adds up to a solid 26800 extra resources per day which is very significant, democracy, i have found, is the superior governement because there comes a point where you simply do not have the population to have max helping hands and then priests to maintain level 5 miracles in your towns, and whilst not every town need have temples with maxed priests all the time (debateable), havinga ccounts on some of the stronges6t islands in the games' history across every single one of gameforges servers ever, democracy wins out because you hita point where you just don't have the population for everything.

Myself, population has become les of an issue now that research is done and I have no need for scientists, it's mean that I've been able tor educe my effective population thanks tor educed wine use and instead
      enable excess wine resources to be converted to other materials (because you justw ait till ambrosia traxdes are 30-50% off - granted they've been 50% off only twice this year and before that, never, but even so - and thens tock up on a whole mess of them and they'll last you for 6-12 months+ with ease) and thus better fuel the development overall where the extra 20% unskilled labourers represent 26800 odd resources a day, cutting wine use on two levels of tavern is 151 extra wine saved per hour,a cross 12 colonies that's 1888 resources effective per hour, (1888-1200 from technocracy = 688 resources per hour more effective with democracy and slight wine reduction to the equivalent of happiness from democracy). In effect you make 16,512 more reources per 24 hours with democracy and the tavern wine reduction then you do with technocracy and the extra 20% unskilled labourers production, 26,800 vs 32,512 resources per day adds up rather significantly.

Theoicracy is the otehr big one of the 3 that mot people play with at end game levels but because of how many priests you need you also end up getting hamstrung on how large your baseline income can be because you have a much lower upper nd wall of mine and mill levels you can work. It's great if you are fighting non-stop or always trying to fight, but for accountd evelopment, not as effective as either of the above two.

I feel that a very under-rated governement for endgame gameplay is Oligarchy. 3% corruption to all towns sucks a bit, but extra trade ships and 10% extra speed on those ships makes for a very effective longer ranged pillaging account base, and then that doesn't bring into the picture war based trading and troops production/selling either. A curious little government almost no one uses.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Not to piggyback off of Spidey but Nomocracy is, in effect, the best Government to go gangbusters on with respect to Expansion. The consequence of ships taking longer to load isn't so bad if you got adequate Trade Ports and, if necessary, a Hermes Wonder to boost loading speed further. Then when you finish Expanding and have gotten a handle on Corruption, Democracy for the flat Satisfaction boost and CT Research is the optimal Government to switch to. I mean sure if you're into using Wonders all the time, Theocracy has its uses but Democracy is, in general, the #1 Government. Now, Oligarchy, as Spidey mentioned, does play in the hands of those who fill a Trading playstyle. If only another bonus of the Government were that it reduces loading time for all ships by 20%, it might entice players to use this Government more often. Dictatorship also needs a hard look as well to boost its use.