Eirene Military Showdown #1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Eirene Military Showdown #1

Welcome to the very first Eirene Military Showdown! Credits to @Dr Weezy who came up with the original idea that we are currently building upon.Whoever plays in Eirene is welcome to insert their own suggestion to this initial rule set that we have here and we will discuss it carefully whether it is good to implement or not.

So what is this all about? We are hosting a fully regulated military tournament and all alliances of Eirene are welcome to take part in it.
      Goal of the tournament is to promote more interaction between players and alliances on the server, produce quality event that will ensure fair competitiveness and learning opportunity in a friendly manner to all who participate in it.

Now, below are the rules and format which are subject to change depending on our discussion in this thread.

Rule set wrote:

Participation:

Participation is linked to the alliances.Every alliance which has at least 3 members is welcome to sign up for the contest.Every participating alliance will need exactly 3 representatives to take part in the competition.Not more and not less than 3 - exactly 3.

Players who carry no tag or alliances who have less than 3 members cannot participate in this tournament.

Rewards:

We thought of a system that could issue rewards to the winning team (all 3 members) without breaking the game rules.I will still verify this concept with the staff to make sure our understanding of the rules is correct.

Winning team will be given an option to choose from resources or gold reward.This will be explained in detail to the winners once that stage is reached and it will be explained with discretion to eliminate the risk of strangers stealing the reward away.

Only the 3 members of winning alliance will get the reward.

Format:

Structure will still depend on the number of alliances involved in the tournament.We may do it in a bracket form, as that seems to be the most practical and fastest.

Battles would take place on regulated islands and towns owned by the battle hosts, in order to minimize the risks of third party interference, whether intentional or accidental.We do not intend to make these battles happen randomly across server, as we do not want to cause inconvenience to people who do not want to take part in it.Coords of the battle island will be secretly given to the sides who are participating in the battle 72 hours before battle takes place.Until the battle starts, participating sides are encouraged to move in closer to the island.Participating sides SHOULD NOT step onto the battle island before the start time.Once the timer hits, participating sides are set to move onto the island and are free to coordinate their movements on their own.Battle hosts will have host towns cleared of any military presence, so the only collision will be happening between the participating sides.

Battle hosts are those players who do not take direct part in the battles, but give their towns (or islands if they own them as a whole) to the sides that are participating in the battle.Battle hosts must not be allied with the alliances that are battling in their towns.For instance, Savage alliance host cannot host a battle that involves Savage representatives, but can host a battle between BONE and IKS for example.Battle host promises not to reveal troop movements to either side during the battle.Battle host is obliged to move away all land/sea units and not interrupt participating sides in any way during the battle.In order to be able to host all kind of matchups and pairings, we will require battle hosts from multiple alliances.Please contact @Dr Weezy , @7marre or me in order to register your towns as hosts. NOTE: You need to own at least 6 towns on specific island if you wish to become a host.

Participating members are those players who have been selected by their respective alliance to represent their team in the tournament.Every alliance can register three players for the participation in each battle.Considering that there is a few days gap between battles, alliances have right to register different representatives for each battle.Once representatives are registered, changes cannot be made until the registration opens for the next battle.Alliances agree NOT to let unregistered members to take part in the battles by involving their own military in it, as only the registered members are allowed to directly participate.

Indirect participation, however, is allowed.What does this mean? Alliances are permitted to coach their representatives on troop movements, waving or any other aspect that they see fit.This is acceptable as long as it does not involve direct military deployment of any unregistered member into the battle.Indirect participation is also permitted in a form that unregistered members are permitted to carry out espionage in battle zone and pass successful espionage reports to their representatives.Indirect participation is permitted if alliances coordinate troop/ship sales to their representatives at any point during the contest.

To put it in a simple way; unregistered members should NOT show up in the contest CRs, but any other form of assistance is allowed though.

Consent between alliances:

Participating alliances give their promise on behalf of their representatives that rules of this competition will be respected.Any alliances who officially do not participate in this contest, but decide to step in and obstruct the event, will be considered rogue and mutual action will be discussed between participating alliances to create a punishment measure.

Participating alliances promise not to send any unregistered members directly into the fight or not to obstruct participants of the tournament or their home towns while they are taking part in the battles. Participating alliances also agree not to circumvent this rule by involving a third party player(s) or alliances.We will seriously investigate any such instances, which hopefully won't happen, and go after the violators very hard.

For now, this is what we have on the paper.I am open to more suggestions to all aspects of the rules.Suggestions should be focused on ensuring the safety of the contest in terms of neutralizing any potential third party involvement, balanced conditions to the sides who will participate and discretion of information flow during the contest.

All serious and constructive suggestions will be discussed on this thread before their implementation.Kick it off folks :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gιαɴɴιѕ ().

• I just would like to say you presented it way better then I would have

"I don't know about you guys. It's been my goal since the start of epsilon to kill the server.I enjoy bullying the little guys into inactive status.. pillagin the bigger guys into crying to their alliances, and they quit too. The only rule that has ever applied is "last man standing wins" I intend to win"
      -Napoleon Blown-Apart of Epsilon (Greatest saying ever)
    • Ima dissapoint a whole lotta peeps right now with my buzz killer of a post, but sorry not sorry...

For me, this proposal yuugely discounts the skill in planning and necessary coordination to set up military operations and respond to unforeseen events that occur during "real game" military operations. In fact, that's one of the biggest attractions for me with this game. It basically sounds like you're lining troops up civil war style and using microtactics like waving to win a planned battle.

Sorry, not sorry.
    • Anticipatory wrote:

Ima dissapoint a whole lotta peeps right now with my buzz killer of a post, but sorry not sorry...

For me, this proposal yuugely discounts the skill in planning and necessary coordination to set up military operations and respond to unforeseen events that occur during "real game" military operations. In fact, that's one of the biggest attractions for me with this game. It basically sounds like you're lining troops up civil war style and using microtactics like waving to win a planned battle.

Sorry, not sorry.

Those are fair points but you are looking at this from a wrong perspective.Don't treat this the same way you treat the war.War is different.This is a pre-planned friendly tournament.Waving isn't a microtactics, it is in fact a very decisive factor in all battles.

"Lining up troops" is kinda true, but we are giving a larger battle zone and no team will be able to lock entire island with one person.All 3 members will have to coordinate well to accomplish this.Getting the first step on the battle island and making first moves will be very crucial, this is where planning and strategy come into play.

However, I do see some necessity to insert some sort of a cap.Unfortunately, I cannot agree with a total score cap for this, but an MS cap seems reasonable.It is then up to the participants of each team to coordinate between each other which one of them recruits certain kind of military and in what quantity.That would raise the importance of wise recruitment strategy and not just a quantity buildup to outrun your enemy.
    • Anticipatory wrote:

Ima dissapoint a whole lotta peeps right now with my buzz killer of a post, but sorry not sorry...

Sorry, not sorry.
      Come on my friend, you and I know that Les wouldn't have wanted to hear you disparaging waving. But I agree. Pre-planned, everyone knows when it'll happen fights aren't nearly as fun as surprise war.
      Will be making one eventually...until then I may have to find an old CR or two to put up...
    • Perhaps I've diminished the importance of waving for achieving higher damage counts in battles, fine, but I guess my point was that there are so many other factors in a standard war that's removed in this format. I understand it's being removed for congenial reasons, and appreciate that to some extent.

However, if military score is capped and the battles are planned, I just don't see too many other factors involved in the outcome other than waving and choice of units for both sea and land.

Also, who are you Palmtop?

PalmtopPitbull wrote:

Anticipatory wrote:

Sorry, not sorry.
      Come on my friend, you and I know that Les wouldn't have wanted to hear you disparaging waving. But I agree. Pre-planned, everyone knows when it'll happen fights aren't nearly as fun as surprise war.
    • However, if military score is capped and the battles are planned, I just don't see too many other factors involved in the outcome other than waving and choice of units for both sea and land.

Well, those are indeed the major factors for a contest of this sort.Your problem is you keep comparing this to a standard war, yet you are repeatedly told it is not.
    • I like the concept of creating other ways of having fun in the game. but this would also interfere with in game battles as you would never know when someone decided to attack you. even if said player signs up, they would need to resign if a true battle accrues during this event.
      Also I feel for something like this to happen it would need to be very well organized with more then a few people in game to be involved for its success.

this is just my observation please continue with your ideas
    • Or we could always just cause the chaos

"I don't know about you guys. It's been my goal since the start of epsilon to kill the server.I enjoy bullying the little guys into inactive status.. pillagin the bigger guys into crying to their alliances, and they quit too. The only rule that has ever applied is "last man standing wins" I intend to win"
      -Napoleon Blown-Apart of Epsilon (Greatest saying ever)