International challenge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• International challenge

Hi guys, I'm an Italian player. I'm looking for the best U.S. Player to challenge the best Italian player in a 1vs1 challenge.
      One match with the army and one with the ships.

I'm not sure it's the right place to promote this challenge. If it were not, I apologize.
    • The combat method is simple. 8 round 1vs1 on a neutral polis without walls and without a port. 3 polis on the same island for each player. The winner will be who lose less general points at the end of the fight.
      The method is the same for the ships and the army.
    • IDIB94 wrote:

I already have some of the strongest Italian players ready to fight. I need challengers. I also have free accounts to use temporarily in Italian servers
      Then this mean all the fights will be in Italy or you and your friends have accounts in US servers too?

What do you mean by "to use temporarily in Italian servers"? Does those accounts are even suitable for equal battle or they are low level accounts where you and your Italian friends will have advantage?

What will be general score limit for battle or there will be no limits?

IDIB94 wrote:

8 round 1vs1 on a neutral polis
      Those are 8 different battles or battle till 1 battles round 8?

What if nobody from US wants to fight in Italian server?
    • Monk wrote:

IDIB94 wrote:

I already have some of the strongest Italian players ready to fight. I need challengers. I also have free accounts to use temporarily in Italian servers
      Then this mean all the fights will be in Italy or you and your friends have accounts in US servers too?
      What do you mean by "to use temporarily in Italian servers"? Does those accounts are even suitable for equal battle or they are low level accounts where you and your Italian friends will have advantage?

What will be general score limit for battle or there will be no limits?

IDIB94 wrote:

8 round 1vs1 on a neutral polis
      Those are 8 different battles or battle till 1 battles round 8?
      What if nobody from US wants to fight in Italian server?
      I try to explain better (is a little bit difficult for me). If you want to do it on the Italian server we give you accounts already developed to be able to face the battle, in the end you will have to give it back. It will be a single 8-round cr. One for ships and one for troops. There will be no general score limits.
      If you also have accounts that can be loaned, we will be on the American server
    • Create international server 1st, Fight 2nd.

Sounds like fun but its still a bit confusing and will be difficult to manage. Especially when we still have to navigate everything in an italian language server. You can translate the browser, but its still difficult to manage.

Which is why we should all move to an international server so that we can see who truly is the best (perhaps for Christmas?)

The post was edited 1 time, last by knuckles ().

• True. War server is pretty much the same. For both the international challenge and international server.

Although its not a true international server where players from all countries can fight each other. And with the tiered and ticket system provided in the Server Merge thread..its not as cool.
    • knuckles wrote:

Create international server 1st, Fight 2nd.

Sounds like fun but its still a bit confusing and will be difficult to manage. Especially when we still have to navigate everything in an italian language server. You can translate the browser, but its still difficult to manage.

Which is why we should all move to an international server so that we can see who truly is the best (perhaps for Christmas?)
      It would be a great idea. But mine was not a proposal for a real war. Only a 1vs1. 2 or 3 hours are enough. Just for fun.So, if any of you have an account, that does not use, to give me, contact me in private please :D
    • IDIB94 wrote:

The combat method is simple. 8 round 1vs1 on a neutral polis without walls and without a port. 3 polis on the same island for each player. The winner will be who lose less general points at the end of the fight.Hi guys, I'm an Italian player. I'm looking for the best U.S. Player to challenge the best Italian player in a 1vs1 challenge.
      What a load of crap mate.

No one needs to waste their time doing this because you're telling us you're a coward who doesn't want to push it to the extreme and ACTUALLY FIGHT PROPERLY!

You stated to start:

IDIB94 wrote:

"

One match with the army and one with the ships.

The method is the same for the ships and the army."
      and then you turn around and chicken out and state it's a mere 8 rounds.

get bent.

Yoyu Italian players obviously suck.

Me, I'm one of the best players at Ikariam in the world. Not just the US. I'm ona relatively young account that doidn't manage to pirate much before rewardzs were finally after so long nerfed and don't evaluate these days either, and yet I still have the single largest crystal mine in the games' history. When I stopped donating aolmost 2 years ago now I was 3rd highest donator in the games history and whilst you're gonna scoff at me for being a scrub builder, you don't get to be top of your server and then after merges with servers that have years of development before you do, manage to still be top 5 without knowing how to fight smart and effectively, but that said, I'm not the best fighter. there are several here and they are all laughing at this bs you've spewed out at us.

Lets make it very simple:

You state each player gets the same army and the same fleet then you turna round and tell us it's only for 8 rounds.

We can all tell you who wins that - Whoever is attacking the most. rather then defending. But that's a straight forward no miracle event. What miracles do people have access to and are they allowed to manipulate them how they want? How many action points do they have availabnle for waving etc?

See, here on the US servers we wouldn't put forth this cowardly crap, this is how you make one of these challenges:

EACH PLAYER HAS 50,000 MS OF GROUND FORCES AND 50,000 MS OF SEA FORCES. THE FORCES ARE IDENTICAL.

EACH PLAYER HAS 11 PERMANENT COLONIES AND ONE FLOATER TO USE AS THEY SEE FIT.

EACH PLAYER HAS 6 HEPHAS , 3 POSEIDONS AND 2 COLLOSSUS MIRACLES, WHICH THEY AND THEY ALONE CONTROL AND ARE NOT AFFECTED BY ANY ONE ELSE.

THIS MEANS THAT NO ONE ELSE ON THEIR ISLANDS HAVE TEMPLES OR PRIESTS, BETTER YET THE PLAYERS IN THE CHALLENGE HAVE COLONIES ON ISLANDS WHERE THEY ARE AND NO ONE ELSE IS.

THIS ALLOWS THEM TO MANIPULATE MIRACLES TO A POINT THAT SUITS THEM.

TO MAKE IT MORE CHALLENGING, EACH COLLOSSUS MIRACLE IS ON A SEPARATE ISLAND.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT ARE SIMPLE - EACH PLAYER IS AIMING TO DESTROY THE OTHER PLAYERS FORCES, THEY CANNOT REPLACE ANY OF THEIR LOSSES CAUSED FROM THE OTHER PLAYER.

EACH PLAYER WILL FIGHT OVER A SINGLE TARGET COLONY ON AN ISOLATED ISLAND WITH NO OTHER COLONIES ON IT.

A RADIUS OF 5 ISLAND CLUSTERS INCLUDING THE ONE THE TARGET ISLAND IS ON IS THE BATTLE GROUND FOR TROOP AND FLEET DEPLOYMENT AND MOVEMENT.

THIS MEANS THAT YOU CAN'T FLEE TOO FAR AND MOVEMENT OF FORCES BECOMES NOT ONLY STRATEGIC BUT TACTICAL. TRUE FIGHTERS WILL SHINE, CRAP FIGHTERS WILL FAIL.

EACH PLAYER IS IN A SEPARATE ALLIANCE WITH NO ONE ELSE AND NO GARRISON TREATIES ARE ALLOWED FOR THE DURATION. THIS MEANS THE CHALLENGERS WILL OCCUPY AND BLOCKADE NON-CHALLENGE PLAYERS AT THEIR OWN RISK, ANY FORCES LOST IN THESE MOVEMENTS ARE COUNTED TOWARDS THE FORCES LOST BY THAT PLAYER. NO REPLACEMENT OF FORCES WILL OCCUR AT ALL UNTIL ONE PLAYER HAS BEEN REDUCED TO 0 MS IN BOTH LAND AND SEA. IF ONE PLAYER LOSES ALL THEIR FLEET AND THE OTHER LOSES ALL THEIR GROUND THEN REGARDLESS OF THE MS OF GROUND OR SEA REMAINING, WHOEVER HAS MORE MS IS DECLARED THE WINNER.

THE CHALLENGE HAS A 28 DAY LIMIT AND WILL BE HELD ON A NON-NATIVE SERVER DOMAIN TO EITHER PARTY. E.G. A US AND AN ITALIAN FIGHTER WILL NOT FIGHT ON EITHER AN ITALIAN OR A US SERVER.

PREFERABLY A NON-NATIVE LANGUAGE SERVER TO EITHER COMBATANT SO AS EACH PLAYER IS ON AN EQUAL FOOTING FOR THE POLITICAL GAME INHERENT IN SUCH COMBAT.

Yeah none of this 8 round bs why even bother crap. we can all tell you how that turns out. Instead you have a fixed time limit of 4 weeks of gameplay and 50,000 MS of ground and 50,000 MS of fleet to use, you can't reproduce any military at all so if you occupy or blockade the wrong people and they retaliate then that's a problem your political skills need to address. on a non-native language server say a Chinese one, this makes it even more challenging and the best player, i.e. the one who can adapt to the situation the best, will come out on top.

8 rounds only, lol, what a bloody joke you Italian fighters are.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • You're all ridiculous. There are no rules in war. All these conditions and challenges are just opportunities for players to make and exploit loopholes so they can "win." If you want to attack someone attack them, until you get bored or until they quit the game. That's how you win.

• You hear that Alhazred,? Mos referred to you as 'she'. In these parts, the word she in that context is referred to as the cats mother and the cats mother is a pretty epic insult. Okay, so maybe for my mum's generation (yes I spelt mum right you wacko yankees with your periods instead of full stops!) but still, that sounds like a challenge to me! Trader Guy (Mos) vs Alhazred Destroyer of Nawlins' Empire. MMM hmm.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D